E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > e90 multiple electrical issues, probably single solution

09-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
Seaneezy
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

e90 multiple electrical issues, probably single solution

Car has been having weird battery issues recently but is throwing no codes for it. For the past two weeks sometimes when I turn the car off, but before taking the key out all electronics in the car go off. Now none of my driver door panel switches work (regulators are fine, rear window switches work in rear seats), my turn signal stalk does nothing (does not initiate signal) and there are no lights on my dash or in my interior(daytime headlights still work). I was thinking it was a fuse because of it's suddenness, but I have replaced 6 fuses related to these functions and nothing changed (the fuses were pretty worn down anyways). My battery voltage is 14.5v when the car is running and 12.5~ when the car is in ignition.

Anyone experience this before?

I found a small cable that wasn't connected to anything near my battery and I have no idea where or if it plugs into anything. It is a 3 pin female connector I'll add pics below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There is a shipping cable near the battery that is not connected for normal operation.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1538443

There was a recall for the electrical connection to the Cabin Fuse Block it could cause anything from intermittent non starts to total shutdown.

Some have reported jiggling the power cable behind the cabin fuse box have caused the problem to go away or become solid.

Last edited by ctuna; 09-28-2018 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0