E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2011 328i SULEV E92 keeps shutting down

05-23-2023, 09:26 PM   #1
dwolf138
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i coupe

Garage List
2011 328i coupe   [10.00]
2011 328i SULEV E92 keeps shutting down

Hello,
First time posting here, so long story short I had my new aFe stage 2 cold air intake re-installed a few weeks ago by local mechanic ( EDGE MOTORSPORTS ) since the first time I installed it car started shutting off while driving. I was guessing that probably because I didn’t disconnect the battery the first time around. So gave it like 6months and had shop reinstall it while they added new spacers and what not. This is all after I had east bay BMW / mini change out the alternator- fuel pump - spark plugs all types of SULEV and non sulev stuff trying to keep my everyday driver working and running well. Today coming back from work training it shut off while on the 680fwy , I let it sit for 20mins and it started right back up. Same thing it was doing last time. I’m thinking that maybe the cold air intake just doesn’t work with this car, even though aFe told me it would for sure. I guess they tested it on SULEV models as well. I’m just disappointed really because I’m about to add sway bars and Godspeed lowering springs. Any suggestions and or feed back about any of this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0