E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2011 n55 e90 335i lemans/black 6mt

07-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
e90_lew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 14,900.00

Item Interest
Sold

Bagged e90 335xi ||Alpine White || 6mt | Vargas upgraged turbos, JB4, VRSF ********s, VRSF inlets, VRSF CP, w/ Raceport BOV, HPF Catback Exhaust w/ Burnt Titanium Tips, 5" VRSF FMIC, BMS OCC, RB PCV, painted intake ducts.

Last edited by e90_lew; 09-16-2022 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #2
dlhoffeditz
Registered
Rep
Drives: S1000XR

I'm gonna be that guy sorry OP....
I did the digging so y'all dont have to.

Previous owner sale post

Previous owner attempting to fix the valve ticking

Not to say this car isn't worth the money, extremely rare and desirable spec. But 3 owners have been messing around in this head to no avail, and the past 2 owners practically haven't driven it...it was at 92k when the last guy bought it in March '21.

If I had the money I'd be buying this car and planning a professional top end rebuild.

Last edited by dlhoffeditz; 07-25-2022 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #3
bimmerguy1210
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E93 335i

PO listed this car for like $10k a few months ago
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 12:43 AM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

I'd be willing to bet this engine spun a bearing 2 owners ago, got new bearings slapped in, and the engine has never been quite right since. If the lifters have been done once or twice and it's still doing it, the noise is not from the lifters. That being said, don't think I'm knocking the car OP, just being realistic. It's definitely a nice spec but the only way I see this noise going away is with complete engine replacement.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 07:48 AM   #5
e90_lew
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi all,

I definitely expected the car to be recognized. Instead of paying for the lifter job that was expensive I should've went straight for a top end or a motor. I didn't want to go the motor route as the car runs absolutely perfectly.

But if I do a motor at 3-4k I would be in the car way to do deep. My price IS negotiable, as well as, if it doesn't sell I'll likely end up going the motor route. But being I pay shops full labor, maybe a mechanic or similar would be interested and it being in NY opens it up to a different market of people.
Bagged e90 335xi ||Alpine White || 6mt | Vargas upgraged turbos, JB4, VRSF ********s, VRSF inlets, VRSF CP, w/ Raceport BOV, HPF Catback Exhaust w/ Burnt Titanium Tips, 5" VRSF FMIC, BMS OCC, RB PCV, painted intake ducts.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 03:07 PM   #6
MRspecht
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

I looked at this car just a month or two ago, when it was for sale in Ohio by the previous owner. I was very close to buying it, but finally decided it wasn't the right time for me. Since then I have thought about this car a few times, wondering if I should have bought it, but seeing it listed again so soon makes me feel a little better about my choice. When I looked at it, it had a bit of a misfire/break up around 3k rpm or so. Is that still the case, or has it been fixed? I'm also curious why you want to sell it so soon; it definitely is a beautiful car, perfectly specced, and looked even better in person than in the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #7
e90_lew
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRspecht View Post
I looked at this car just a month or two ago, when it was for sale in Ohio by the previous owner. I was very close to buying it, but finally decided it wasn't the right time for me. Since then I have thought about this car a few times, wondering if I should have bought it, but seeing it listed again so soon makes me feel a little better about my choice. When I looked at it, it had a bit of a misfire/break up around 3k rpm or so. Is that still the case, or has it been fixed? I'm also curious why you want to sell it so soon; it definitely is a beautiful car, perfectly specced, and looked even better in person than in the pictures.
It misfired bad when I got it. Thought there was a bigger issue, but Delphi plugs and coils fixed it perfectly.

My initial thought was to daily this, and get rid of my e90 m3 to save money, but a spotless e36 m3 popped up so I'll be using that instead of either of them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0