E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Streaming solution on Pre-Combox (with iPod 6FL)

12-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #111
E92FanaticKY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i JB4

What about for an 09 with iDrive? Does this work?
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #112
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
Siri uses the bluetooth handsfree profile, music uses the bluetooth A2DP profile. The WMA1000 is a device that implements only A2DP for audio streaming using 6FL. Pete, does your car have $644/OEM bluetooth handsfree (TEL option in radio/idrive)?
Yes. It has blue tooth for the phone and Siri used to come through the speakers in the car when I held down the home button on the phone. Now that the WMA1000 is connected the Siri prompt comes up on the phone but the audio squiggly line (technical term) doesn't move when I talk and I can't hear Siri.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #113
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
Yes. It has blue tooth for the phone and Siri used to come through the speakers in the car when I held down the home button on the phone. Now that the WMA1000 is connected the Siri prompt comes up on the phone but the audio squiggly line (technical term) doesn't move when I talk and I can't hear Siri.
Well as usual the solution was much easier than I made it out to be. When I keyed up Siri there was a little Bluetooth icon in the corner of the phone. Kind of like when you can choose Bluetooth or iPhone when connected to a hands free device. Touch that icon and Siri comes back to the phone instead of trying to go through the WMA1000. Voila!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #114
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
Well as usual the solution was much easier than I made it out to be. When I keyed up Siri there was a little Bluetooth icon in the corner of the phone. Kind of like when you can choose Bluetooth or iPhone when connected to a hands free device. Touch that icon and Siri comes back to the phone instead of trying to go through the WMA1000. Voila!
Similarly, in bluetooth settings, you should be able to click the i (info) next to the tune2air and deselect 'use for calls' or some such, to make call (and siri) audio use either the phone or a handsfree device (the car).
      01-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #115
kfly
Rep
Drives: E93,F25,F15

ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 works great on 2008 E93.
WMA2000 does not work(had to return it)

Only issue is no playing details on console but one cool feature is it auto pauses and resumes when you get back in car(Bluetooth).
Works with Pandora, Spotify, SirriusXM app, and PlayerPro.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #116
jrdnlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

So which one would work for a 2008 with CCC? WMA1000 or WMA2000?

I have AUX/USB in the arm rest and the OEM Y adaptor. My car came stock with bluetooth but it doesn't allow me to stream music only use able for phone calls.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #117
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnlc View Post
So which one would work for a 2008 with CCC? WMA1000 or WMA2000?

I have AUX/USB in the arm rest and the OEM Y adaptor. My car came stock with bluetooth but it doesn't allow me to stream music only use able for phone calls.
If you must use a y adapter, you must use the 1000, period.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #118
Gizzy's_M235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

getting mine delivered today. 2007 e90 with idrive here. Will let you guys know how it works out.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #119
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I just got mine in the mail. It's a bummer that, on android, it doesn't show any media information at all, but in my case that's not a big deal and anyway, skipping works, which is what really counts. As far as I'm concerned, this thing is pretty much perfect, definitely if you're using an iPhone.

EDIT: Meant to say also, I was really concerned about sound quality after getting a confirmation they were using the shitty built-in bluetooth codec (SBC) and not a better one (AAC or AptX) but it turns out that they've gotten all the settings right and it sounds great. I still haven't decided if it's noticeably worse quality than wired, but I spent enough time going back and forth on A-B comparisons that I'm satisfied that I won't care. Which is more than I can say for just about any other bluetooth streaming device I've used.

Last edited by alexwhittemore; 01-14-2014 at 11:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #120
Gizzy's_M235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

got mine but it doesnt seem to be working properly. My idrive says loading data from device, but playlists, album, artists do not ever come in. The two times they have come in, music cuts out after a few seconds. Also could be because I have the unit is in the trunk right now and there is interference. Gonna route the USB to the Glove box and keep trying.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #121
BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgiz13 View Post
got mine but it doesnt seem to be working properly. My idrive says loading data from device, but playlists, album, artists do not ever come in. The two times they have come in, music cuts out after a few seconds. Also could be because I have the unit is in the trunk right now and there is interference. Gonna route the USB to the Glove box and keep trying.
not sure if related but on my car EVERY time I connect the phone using y connector, if I push cable in square and seat if fully it will not connect.. and first time it happened music cut out after 15 sec,

If I plug in on the piss and don't seat it then wait for a 20 to 50 seconds... every time, it connects properly iPhone is displayed menus are complete. Once I have done this I can seat cable fully till is clips in and it works exactly as you'd expect it.

odd but it works and as I never take out of car not a big deal for me
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #122
Gizzy's_M235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
not sure if related but on my car EVERY time I connect the phone using y connector, if I push cable in square and seat if fully it will not connect.. and first time it happened music cut out after 15 sec,

If I plug in on the piss and don't seat it then wait for a 20 to 50 seconds... every time, it connects properly iPhone is displayed menus are complete. Once I have done this I can seat cable fully till is clips in and it works exactly as you'd expect it.

odd but it works and as I never take out of car not a big deal for me
ok. Crazy but its been working ever since I wrote the previous post. Absolutely love it. Not sure why it didnt work the first time I tried. Hopefully it continues to work.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #123
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

FWIW, I notice a lot of intermittent connections with the cheapie Y cable I have. I've personally taken the shell apart and resoldered it two or three times, and the stock job was awful. The strain relief on the connections isn't very good at all, they're pretty prone to breaking, and they can get to be very spotty.
      01-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #124
christafurr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 M-Sport

Got mine yesterday, plugged it in and paired it. I'm able to stream music using Spotify over bluetooth, BUT I can't use the steering wheel controls (only volume controls work) and the track info does not work on iDrive. Also, when I turn off my car and walk away, the music is still playing on my phone. Anyone else with the same problems?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #125
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
On a iOS Device - Reset all settings - Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings [It should say the following (This will reset all settings. No data or media will be deleted.)

If its an Android, Music Title does not appear.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #126
christafurr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenCal 335is View Post
On a iOS Device - Reset all settings - Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings [It should say the following (This will reset all settings. No data or media will be deleted.)

If its an Android, Music Title does not appear.
I just reset my settings on my iPhone and that solved the problem. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #127
turbonium
Rep
Drives: coming soon: 335i

I've been reading up on this stuff but it's a bit overwhelming. Will this work for an '07 335i w/ factory ipod 6FL option and a galaxy s4 (android) phone?
I'm trying to decide between this and the BB gateway. If the wma1000 will allow steering wheel control skip with pandora etc, it may be the preferred solution...should I expect any differences in sound quality vs the BB gateway?

I originally wondered if it's possible to feed in lossless digital sound via bluetooth A2DP/usb dongle straight into the center console 6FL USB port, like I currently do with USB flash-drives. But I'm guessing it's not that straightforward since I don't see such a solution described anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #128
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium View Post
I've been reading up on this stuff but it's a bit overwhelming. Will this work for an '07 335i w/ factory ipod 6FL option and a galaxy s4 (android) phone?
Yes, but you won't see track info. You WILL have wheel controls.

Quote:
I'm trying to decide between this and the BB gateway. If the wma1000 will allow steering wheel control skip with pandora etc, it may be the preferred solution...should I expect any differences in sound quality vs the BB gateway?
I'd call the WMA1000 the preferred solution. Probably better quality, though maybe not. Control is the big one. (EDIT: what I mean is, the quality on the WMA1000 is great. I just don't know if the BB gateway is AS GOOD, which it may be.)

Quote:
I originally wondered if it's possible to feed in lossless digital sound via bluetooth A2DP/usb dongle straight into the center console 6FL USB port, like I currently do with USB flash-drives.
Lossless audio over A2DP is theoretically possible based on the minimum bitrate of some lossless codecs and the maximum bitrate of A2DP, but it'll never happen because it requires that both source and sink implement the same lossless codec in their BT stacks, which virtually no devices do.

More to the point, the Y cable implies you're feeding in analog audio, and the USB controller in the car (MULF or combox) doesn't support any lossless audio codecs anyway if you're using a thumb drive.
      01-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #129
turbonium
Rep
Drives: coming soon: 335i

Thanks for the instant reply, Alex, very helpful! I guess 'lossless' was the wrong word to choose since all my stuff is lossy-compressed or streaming anyway--I just meant digital vs analog input. Though I've not had complaints about the ipod + 6FL sound quality, and I suppose this is similar...

Am I correct in assuming I can just use my existing 6FL cable and skip buying the "T2A-1001" adapter from viseeo?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #130
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium View Post
Thanks for the instant reply, Alex, very helpful! I guess 'lossless' was the wrong word to choose since all my stuff is lossy-compressed or streaming anyway--I just meant digital vs analog input. Though I've not had complaints about the ipod + 6FL sound quality, and I suppose this is similar...

Am I correct in assuming I can just use my existing 6FL cable and skip buying the "T2A-1001" adapter from viseeo?
yep!
      02-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #131
teamyamaha91
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive M-Sport

Activation Code

Hey guys I am new to the forums but found them looking for a Bluetooth alternative for my 335i. Since my car was built in April of 2010 I only have Bluetooth for my phone. I purchased the Viseeo WMA1000 and *812 cable from Amazon. I own a Blackberry and needed to upgrade the firmware this weekend but it was Chinese new year and Viseeo was out until the 4th. being an IT guy I have found a way around emailing them for an activation code.

How to activate Viseeo Bluetooth for USB software
  1. Open the software and copy your Hardware ID
  2. Press the Windows Key + R and type regedit
  3. Navigate through the folders to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFWTARE-->Wow6432Node-->TRIAMP-->USB
  4. You should see your Hardware ID listed on the right hand side.
  5. Right Click in the white space on the right and choose "New-->String Value" Type "License Code" and paste your Hardware ID
  6. Close and re-open the software. You should be able to proceed with the firmware upgrade process.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #132
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamyamaha91 View Post
Hey guys I am new to the forums but found them looking for a Bluetooth alternative for my 335i. Since my car was built in April of 2010 I only have Bluetooth for my phone. I purchased the Viseeo WMA1000 and *812 cable from Amazon. I own a Blackberry and needed to upgrade the firmware this weekend but it was Chinese new year and Viseeo was out until the 4th. being an IT guy I have found a way around emailing them for an activation code.

How to activate Viseeo Bluetooth for USB software
  1. Open the software and copy your Hardware ID
  2. Press the Windows Key + R and type regedit
  3. Navigate through the folders to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFWTARE-->Wow6432Node-->TRIAMP-->USB
  4. You should see your Hardware ID listed on the right hand side.
  5. Right Click in the white space on the right and choose "New-->String Value" Type "License Code" and paste your Hardware ID
  6. Close and re-open the software. You should be able to proceed with the firmware upgrade process.
I'm not certain what they're trying to secure against anyway, but that's some comically lackluster security