E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of BAYSIDE REVIEW - MORE WOES!!!

11-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
biotechengineer
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 & E53

Thumbs down BMW of BAYSIDE REVIEW - MORE WOES!!!

Not only is their service advisor Alberto, unprofessional and straight out rude, but also lacks honesty and customer-service know-how.

With the exception of BMW Bayside’s very courteous and helpful secretaries (Pauline and Diane), BMW Bayside's service department's service advisors and technicians are HORRIBLE! I've been going to BMW Bayside Service station for almost 5 years, and I can honestly say that year after year, their customer service and straight out BS has become unbearable!

Thank you BMW Bayside, for making my BMW experience one that I will never forget. You just lost a customer who spent over $60K on a car from YOU! One would think that they would at least treat their own customers with honesty, integrity and friendliness. These service representatives all look miserable -- and in turn make their customers feel miserable as well!

Not only do they try to extort extra money from you on everything they do, but they also misdiagnose the "problems" and end up over-charging you for items that were either never replaced or do not need replacing in the first place! They even tried to charge me again on an item that THEY replaced for me less than 6 months ago, and should have been covered by their standard 12-months parts warranty. Is it my fault that they can’t install their own parts properly? Of course not! But if I didn’t raise the point that I’ve already paid over $1,000 to get this part replaced 5 ½ months ago, they would have billed me again! Lazy, shady, or incompetent? You be the judge, but I say that it’s a combination of all three!!

Another funny thing is that BMW Bayside controls who they issue a "customer satisfaction survey" to. In the rare instance that they somehow manage to complete a job on time, and not need to lie to the customer about some other "problem", they then decide to send that customer a "satisfaction survey" and they urge (pretty much beg) them to provide satisfactory feedback. But, as I’m sure many irate BMW Bayside customers can attest, if you’ve had a poor experience with them, you will not be receiving a survey! Coincidence? Not at all! Their service advisors always manage to "misplace" or overlook your service appointment so that BMWNA never gets to see send you a questionnaire. SIMPLY PUT SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! I plan on raising these concerns to BMW North America, as I have in the past, but unfortunately this likely won’t accomplish anything because I’m just one single compliant. Therefore, I urge all unhappy customers to step forward and voice their complaints with this unscrupulous dealership! Contact BMW North America and tell them exactly what is going on here! We need to put an end to these bad business practices!

I truly hope that somebody at BMW’s corporate offices sees this posting and takes some form of action! BMW Bayside’s Service dept.’s business practices are simply outrageous!!

AVOID BMW BAYSIDE AT ALL COSTS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

that's messed up. sometimes u wonder why they stay in business. guess they're pretty much an incumbent.
Appreciate 0