E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ProCede V2 unit now available

01-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #45
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
Apple did it with the iPhone.
Consultant!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #46
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

How is the procede price close to that of a Dinan flash?

Dinan flash is around $2200 (flash + labor)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
The dollar is so low now that Eugene receive a big ass discount. He loves shopping in the US. Right Eugene? I think it is the principle. The Procede is getting close to the price of the Dinan so there has to be Price reason to buy the Procede I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #47
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
How is the procede price close to that of a Dinan flash?

Dinan flash is around $2200 (flash + labor)..
I thought is was 2g's. They're charging $200 labor? What a joke. Still pocket change to Eugene. JK
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #48
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
I thought is was 2g's. They're charging $200 labor? What a joke. Still pocket change to Eugene. JK
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #49
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yes, one can still purchase a v2 upgrade for the same $150 as before (the link was erroneously removed.. it will be back). But we are not selling v1 PROcedes anymore. Does anyone think that we still should given that v2 PROcede is now the same price?

Shiv
Maybe Procede V1 can be sold at a lower price?

Anyway, looking at your modded website , I saw this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.vishnutuning.com
Installation difficulty:
Novice

Estimated Installation Time:
15-20 mins

Vishnu PROcede User-Tunable Engine Control Computer
The Vishnu PROcede Tuning Computer provides the ability to custom tune your own car. It also allows to you to toggle between two calibration files. This means that you can upload a standard driving file as well as valet file. The Vishnu Tuning Computer also offers additional output drivers for secondary injector control, intercooler water spray, methanol injection, etc,. Other special features include user-definable launch control parameters, MAF scaling options, valet modes and so on.
Price: $1295.00
I think installing SSTT might be "novice", but anything that gets into the ECU box extracting pin connectors might be considered a little more difficult than "novice"... just my opinion. Install time really sounds too low as well. And the rest of the claims... being "contested" below:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217
      01-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #50
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Please send me $150 Engen! Paypal is fine
      01-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #51
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
So, that makes it right? That's why I didn't buy an I-phone.

Just because other companies do it doesn't make it right or acceptable.
Not saying it's right, but I also don't think it's necessarily wrong. Of course, if I was on the other end of this, I'd be kicking myself too. But think about it from another perspective... what is so wrong about cutting prices? Are we actually getting mad at the fact that the PROcede is now $150 cheaper? The fact of the matter is that when you buy something, you do so on your own volition, after making a decision that it is worth the price. Why be mad that someone else is saving money? Does it somehow retroactively affect your own wallet? (Of course, having to wait months to receive a preorder is another issue, and I wholeheartedly agree that that's not right.)

I think the iPhone example is relevant, and Vishnu should follow suit and offer some sort of credit to the early adopters, and perhaps even a refund to those that ordered in the last few weeks.

Just my own opinion. You may have your own, and that is okay.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #52
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltik View Post
I'lll gladly take a $100 rebate for the upcoming intake, 02 sims, downpipes etc
My two-cents worth [I have no interest in this, no PROcede or other tune]:

This [Baltik's suggestion] is a really good business idea for Vishnu to retain good customer relations.

Products get updated and early buyers don't normally expect to be reimbursed.
But the v2 delay is a special situation, IMO. A lot of folks waited an unusually long time for their harness. Loyal customers that have stuck with the PROcede are customers that you want to keep happy.

Kudos to Vishnu for getting a tidy v2 unit and lowering cost. fwiw, if I were buying a tune today, the PROcede is what I would get, with the stretch to a Dinan being just a bit too far now.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #53
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Maybe Procede V1 can be sold at a lower price?

Anyway, looking at your modded website , I saw this:

I think installing SSTT might be "novice", but anything that gets into the ECU box extracting pin connectors might be considered a little more difficult than "novice"... just my opinion. Install time really sounds too low as well. And the rest of the claims... being "contested" below:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217
It's funny.. that info has been there for months and no one has complained about until now. But it's true that some of those extra input/outputs have been used up with new stuff like v2 and speed limiter defeat. Still a couple left for meth control, launch control, etc,. Both being easy to implement and just around the corner. So I will update the info accordingly. I will also increase the install time to 30-60min. But just for Sambonator Install level still stays "novice" though.

I'm not so sure about selling v1 at a lower price. Because we've taking v1 as far as we can go right now. We've offered a lower priced/lower performance PROcede in the past (PROcede dark) and just about everyone opted for the full on v2 PROcede. Not just for the extra power, but also for the enhanced flexibility. In a perfect world, it would be nice to offer a different product at every price/performance point. But that's a logistical nightmare. Just about all our development right now is being done with v2. Those who want something at a lower price/performance level can build themselves a Happy Meal or wait for our PREcede (the version we'll make in house). Leaves a pretty big gap in the middle, I know.

As for PROcede users who purchased the v2 upgrade (which now comes standard with new PROcede orders), we will think of something to do. We can't really offer a rebate like Apple. But we can certainly work out a discount program for future upgrades. No promises. But we'll see what we can do.

But keep in mind that the v2 upgrade price is still $150 to people still running v1. To get it free, one would have to purchase a whole new PROcede

Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-16-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #54
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
It's funny.. that info has been there for months and no one has complained about until now. But it's true that some of those extra input/outputs have been used up with new stuff like v2 and speed limiter defeat. Still a couple left for meth control, launch control, etc,. Both being easy to implement and just around the corner. So I will update the info accordingly. I will also increase the install time to 30-60min. But just for Sambonator Install level still stays "novice" though.

I'm not so sure about selling v1 at a lower price. Because we've taking v1 as far as we can go right now. We've offered a lower priced/lower performance PROcede in the past (PROcede dark) and just about everyone opted for the full on v2 PROcede. Not just for the extra power, but also for the enhanced flexibility. In a perfect world, it would be nice to offer a different product at every price/performance point. But that's a logistical nightmare. Just about all our development right now is being done with v2. Those who want something at a lower price/performance level can build themselves a Happy Meal or wait for our PREcede (the version we'll make in house). Leaves a pretty big gap in the middle, I know.

As for PROcede users who purchased the v2 upgrade (which now comes standard with new PROcede orders), we will think of something to do. We can't really offer a rebate like Apple. But we can certainly work out a discount program for future upgrades. No promises. But we'll see what we can do.

But keep in mind that the v2 upgrade price is still $150 to people still running v1. To get it free, one would have to purchase a whole new PROcede

Shiv
If thats the case that people will get a rebate for things to come thats fair in my book, and thats what i originally put to the table and offered a suggestion, until Eugen the "bags of money" made a comment on it saying it is what it is...If thats the case Shiv, I can rest my case and once again say you have gone far and beyond for your business and your customer service is aces these days!!! Thats FAIR in my book...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #55
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Shiv
send me a filter. we'll call it even.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #56
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Well, it seems my US$ 150 comment was arrogant. It was not. Every time you buy something you have the choice to do it or not. But don't claim for a discount after you bought something. When it comes to car tuning, basicly every single $ you spend is waste of money. Your car runs perfect without it. Tuning cars is a hobby. It can be expensive. You should know in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #57
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Everything I bought has gone down in price:
* my rear screen hdtv (SONY) is now worth 1/2 its value after 1.5 years (1080i vs 1080p)
* my iphone dropped in price (well, i didn't pay for it)
* all my cars are worth less than I bought it
* my brand spanking new sony camcorder dropped a few hundred bucks in two months

When I was younger, this used to bug me to no end. Now it's pretty much an accepted fact of life. Does $150 mean alot to me? Yes.

Oh, I bought my 335i brand new. If I sell it, I will lose $5k off the bat. I won't be able to get the tax I paid to CA back (almost $4k) plus the drop in depreciation..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #58
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I'm not really a complainer but, this is kind of a shitty business practice.

It pretty much sucks for those of us who ordered this thing in September and didn't receive it until last week. Now it's free. WTF?

I could have waited one more week after 3 months if I'd known it was going to be free.
Microsoft did this with the XBOX 360 Elite. Late XBOX 360 Premium owners outraged.

BMW did this with the 335i. Late 330i owners outraged.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #59
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Well, it seems my US$ 150 comment was arrogant. It was not. Every time you buy something you have the choice to do it or not. But don't claim for a discount after you bought something. When it comes to car tuning, basicly every single $ you spend is waste of money. Your car runs perfect without it. Tuning cars is a hobby. It can be expensive. You should know in advance.
I think you will never just get it!!!! People waited 3 to four months for this upgrade, but I forgot you received preferencial treatment and received yours in a couple of weeks...Those of us who waited 3 to 4 months are pissed that when they received it after that time....Do u get it NOW!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #60
baltik
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: porsche 944 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I think you will never just get it!!!! People waited 3 to four months for this upgrade, but I forgot you received preferencial treatment and received yours in a couple of weeks...Those of us who waited 3 to 4 months are pissed that when they received it after that time....Do u get it NOW!!!
Exactly - we have been endlessly delayed, told of supplier issues etc and then recieve it a few hours before the price drops... I recognize that this is a fair business practice - I clearly knew the price of the item and bought it, that said I think I speak for many others when i say I would never be a repeat customer of a business that made no effort to compensate me in some way (just like the well sighted Apple example). It appears that Shiv is willing to address this issue so I will withold jugement untill details are revealed...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #61
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Shiv,

On the website you state the v2 is now "integrated" into the PROcede.

Does that mean that their is no separate v2 harness with those, like we have now?
Or by "integrated" do you mean that it is just now sold as a complete package but still the same 2 Piece (PROcede harness and v2 harness)?

As for selling the v1 harness still...

I would if I were you.

Make it a 3 option deal.

PREcede $199
305-310 (max) rwhp
10-11 psi boost

PROcede v1.47
(I'd detune it just a bit though with less boost hit at 3200 rpm range, to give a bit more separation between it and v2 especially in the torque range where v1.47 is currently a bit more than v2)
$995
320-325 (max) rwhp
13 psi max boost

PROcede v2 ($1295)
340-360 rwhp
up to 15 psi boost on pump gas

Upgrading from v1 harness to v2 is therefore $300
As long as the v2 harness is truly not "integrated" into the v1 PROcede harness and is still a separate "harness" that's wired into the v1 harness like it has been for the past 2-3 months, that would make for a great tuning range option based on people's budget.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #62
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltik View Post
Exactly - we have been endlessly delayed, told of supplier issues etc and then recieve it a few hours before the price drops... I recognize that this is a fair business practice - I clearly knew the price of the item and bought it, that said I think I speak for many others when i say I would never be a repeat customer of a business that made no effort to compensate me in some way (just like the well sighted Apple example). It appears that Shiv is willing to address this issue so I will withold jugement untill details are revealed...
Well said. It's proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

I just hope they make some type of effort to show appreciation for us "early" adopters who waited for months. I know they don't have to but, it would be a nice gesture.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #63
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Shiv,
On the website you state the v2 is now "integrated" into the PROcede.

Does that mean that their is no separate v2 harness with those, like we have now?
Or by "integrated" do you mean that it is just now sold as a complete package but still the same 2 Piece (PROcede harness and v2 harness)?
I think he means that you no longer have to contend with a PROcede v1.47 harness and a seperate V2 Harness. It will come as a single V2 Harness and upgraded bypass plugs. Thats what we are hoping for !

As Shiv stated, the V2 upgrade harness will still be available @ $150 for those who have the PROcede v1.47 and want to upgrade to V2.
      01-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #64
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
I think he means that you no longer have to contend with a PROcede v1.47 harness and a seperate V2 Harness. It will come as a single V2 Harness and upgraded bypass plugs. Thats what we are hoping for !

As Shiv stated, the V2 upgrade harness will still be available @ $150 for those who have the PROcede v1.47 and want to upgrade to V2.
Yep, v2 is still a $150 upgrade for v1 users. This means those who placed an order for the v2 upgrade months ago and just got it within the last 1-8 weeks wouldn't have benefitted from waiting until now. The price is unchanged. Only waiting and purchasing the whole PROcede now would have effectively saved you $150 as v2 is now standard with the PROcede. I would hope that running a v1 PROcede for 2-14 months was worth the $150 more you ended up paying.

And yep, we will be editing the install video to show the entire installation (stock -> PROcede v2) shortly. As of now, we are updating all PROcedes with v2 maps/firmware before they leave here. We will also integrate the v2 harness into the standard harness as well as add the extra jumpers to the bypass plug just to eliminate a few minutes of work for the end user.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #65
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

hey shiv, on the new integrated v2 unit, will you included the "left over" wires that one would have had if they installed the v2 upgrade... (for road speed when datalogging)?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #66
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
hey shiv, on the new integrated v2 unit, will you included the "left over" wires that one would have had if they installed the v2 upgrade... (for road speed when datalogging)?
Yes indeed.

Shiv
Appreciate 0