E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e93 convertible interior led bulbs

01-23-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
p1zaul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93 black sapphire metallic

e93 convertible interior led bulbs

just finished replacing all interior bulbs with LED on my convertible. A few things I came up against that I was not able to find much info for on any of the forums. figured I would share.

first to pull down the dome light if you put your fingers in the map light holes and pull down it will drop down but you are still not able to fully release. on the left side there are three plastic tabs holding it in. on the right side there are two tabs that can be squeezed in to fully release. pics attached.

second, when removing the back seat courtesy lights (642.01.000.00) The bulbs are sub-miniature with P23/E12B/EX93 markings. these are pretty much impossible to find in LED. I was able to install standard 194 LED bulbs that I used for all other applications vertically instead of horizontally, they fit perfectly. I put two in each side but you could probably get away with only one since the bulbs are much larger. pics also attached.

I used AUXITO LED bulbs from Amazon and have been very happy with the quality and they are very reasonably priced.
Attached Images