E90Post
 


Euromotive Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > E Series NBT Evo Retrofit Development Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2020, 08:54 PM   #287
TheShafro
Private
9
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 08 M3, 02 M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
The Car Systems ones are not that good. I would buy a 10 pack of buck converters on Amazon for $10 and solder it inline. Also I think the screen gets straight car power. I got over 13v with my evo on my test bench.
Interesting. I ordered one of theirs to look at it. They spoke about how stable their voltage is due to using the best automotive components. I'll see when I get it. If not, then I have the Amazon ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #288
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShafro View Post
Interesting. I ordered one of theirs to look at it. They spoke about how stable their voltage is due to using the best automotive components. I'll see when I get it. If not, then I have the Amazon ones.
LOL its the same thing as the amazon ones. I took it apart already. The last enbt adapter I ordered from them was pinned out wrong. I think they are starting to drop the ball. I would check the voltage of the adapter when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #289
TheShafro
Private
9
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 08 M3, 02 M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
LOL its the same thing as the amazon ones. I took it apart already. The last enbt adapter I ordered from them was pinned out wrong. I think they are starting to drop the ball. I would check the voltage of the adapter when you get it.
Well sh*t. There goes 50
You said the CS ones aren't that good and to buy the amazon ones instead. But they're the same?

That sucks. I haven't had any issues with the adapter. I do all the wiring and pinning myself however.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #290
TheShafro
Private
9
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 08 M3, 02 M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in here know anything about LIN bus? And LIN Bus chips?

I want to make a standalone volume knob and the CS adapter uses LIN for that.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:45 AM   #291
MILLER335I
Captain
MILLER335I's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
709
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 Dinan stage 3 335I
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Peoples Republic of California

iTrader: (11)

Echo on phone calls.

Any working solution for this yet? Most of my phone calls have echo.
__________________
2007 E90 335i N54 Montego blue with grey Dakota leather interior
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #292
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShafro View Post
Well sh*t. There goes 50
You said the CS ones aren't that good and to buy the amazon ones instead. But they're the same?

That sucks. I haven't had any issues with the adapter. I do all the wiring and pinning myself however.
They charged you 50 Euro? I normally pay 25 Euro.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #293
TheShafro
Private
9
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 08 M3, 02 M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
They charged you 50 Euro? I normally pay 25 Euro.
Yeah, I saw them for 25 on eBay, but I was charged about 50 shipped. Oh well, looks like I'll just make them from now on.

And yeah, I confirmed the board, thanks for that!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #294
Mashman
First Lieutenant
110
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: E93
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Heaven / TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-M View Post
Thank you! This is exactly where I was looking for.
So I can have a ZGW (with VIN mismatch) connected to KCAN2 at the same time as I've got the e-NBT adapter connected to KCAN2 without any problems?

I'm currently trying to get the BMW HeadUpScreen Retrofit KIT for Factory Navigation to work in a e-series with NBT EVO.
Already managed to get the navigation instructions to work, but want the SpeedLimitInfo as well, but for that I need a ZGW connected I think.
What HeadsUpScreen are you using?

I have an E93 with f-series EVO/ATM/TRSVC/ZGW

I would be very interested in getting a heads up unit to work. What headsup unit are you using?
__________________
I keep getting robbed because I leave the front door open..

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #295
vilord
Major
278
Rep
1,074
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I think he is using this thing:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1063158
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-f...2-30-2-410-673

This thing gets nav instructions from a phone-based garmin app though, not the factory nav, so i'm a bit confused on the mention of factory nav
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:18 PM   #296
vilord
Major
278
Rep
1,074
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Mashman out of curiosity, is your ZGW connected to just the NBT's KCAN2, or do you have it connected to other buses as well?
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #297
anees
Second Lieutenant
anees's Avatar
United Kingdom
56
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Woking, England

iTrader: (0)

Exact same problem I faced when considering the NBT retrofit.

Your best bet is to buy the F30 aircon control unit module (very cheap) and connect it to a ZGW in your car. ZGW is obviously connected to the NBT.

Then take out the volume / button controller from it's F30 housing, dremel a suitable mounting position into the E90 housing and enjoy.

Unfortunately, I have since sold my Beemer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShafro View Post
Anyone in here know anything about LIN bus? And LIN Bus chips?

I want to make a standalone volume knob and the CS adapter uses LIN for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #298
TheShafro
Private
9
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 08 M3, 02 M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

It's not exactly a problem for me, just an enhancement.

My retrofits don't need a ZGW, so that's skipped.

I have an F25 radio panel, and "taking out" the volume knob requires desoldering the potentiometer off the PCB, which was not easy at all and I ended up basically destroying it. But at least I found out who makes the components and I'm currently trying to contact them to get information on how to make it work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anees View Post
Exact same problem I faced when considering the NBT retrofit.

Your best bet is to buy the F30 aircon control unit module (very cheap) and connect it to a ZGW in your car. ZGW is obviously connected to the NBT.

Then take out the volume / button controller from it's F30 housing, dremel a suitable mounting position into the E90 housing and enjoy.

Unfortunately, I have since sold my Beemer.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 08:44 PM   #299
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
The call echo is finally fixed after a year installed! The call volume, voice assistant volume are at normal levels! Who ever said the lear amps fixed anything is on crack. You need a Harman Becker amp with the diagonal fins.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #300
DerekGates
AW E92
DerekGates's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pensacola, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
The call echo is finally fixed after a year installed! The call volume, voice assistant volume are at normal levels! Who ever said the lear amps fixed anything is on crack. You need a Harman Becker amp with the diagonal fins.

Very interesting. I was curious how this project was coming along.

Are the pin outs the same on the amps? Easy to obtain the Harman amp?



My car is still in pieces but I've lusted after NBT in the non iDrive car after getting used to my i3s.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #301
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekGates View Post
Very interesting. I was curious how this project was coming along.

Are the pin outs the same on the amps? Easy to obtain the Harman amp?



My car is still in pieces but I've lusted after NBT in the non iDrive car after getting used to my i3s.
The harman amps are easy to find at $500-$600. They are hard to find under $400; I got this for $325. I was going to try and sell my nbt evo kit to help fund a new F series car but now I kinda want to keep my evo set up for a little bit longer.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #302
vilord
Major
278
Rep
1,074
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Sometimes you can luck out... head over to a local scrap yard that does pick-and-pull and see if any of their f30 cars have the harman amp in the trunk and it hasn't been ruined by rain yet.
I paid 50 USD for mine.
Pinout is identical on the various L7 amplifiers (harman hk, harman B&O, lear, etc).
Make sure you code the amp to your chassis though... my amp came from an f32 coupe, and once i coded it as an f31 wagon, it sounded much better in my e91 wagon.

Now I just need to get off my butt and reinstall it, now that the weather isn't stopping me.
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #303
Igor_M5
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Igor_M5's Avatar
United_States
1307
Rep
1,522
Posts


Drives: Many, BMW.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Any advice on benching EVO setup? I'm using a 2017 M4 BDC w/ key instead of a emulator... I did it before with a NBT unit using CAS/Key and ZGW from a Fxx and sort of replicated the ZGW bench test wiring harness to get it working, but not sure the same would apply here without doing some reasearch, just got the BDC/Key in the mail so I'm ready to try.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #304
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
Any advice on benching EVO setup? I'm using a 2017 M4 BDC w/ key instead of a emulator... I did it before with a NBT unit using CAS/Key and ZGW from a Fxx and sort of replicated the ZGW bench test wiring harness to get it working, but not sure the same would apply here without doing some reasearch, just got the BDC/Key in the mail so I'm ready to try.
I use a junky china harness with a F25 gateway module. Both setups should work for the NBT Evo.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #305
Igor_M5
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Igor_M5's Avatar
United_States
1307
Rep
1,522
Posts


Drives: Many, BMW.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
I ended up doing it the hard way lmao, whatever... wanted a 2017 BDC/FEM bench anyway to mess with newer tech.

Quick question, is there a difference between "CAN Bridge / Wake-Up something something" vs a "CAN Filter / Activator"?

If they both get sandwiched into KCAN2, do they both have different functions? Don't really know shit about these "CAN" products which are probably all the same, with different stickers.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #306
Nickco43
Major
Nickco43's Avatar
805
Rep
1,395
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
I ended up doing it the hard way lmao, whatever... wanted a 2017 BDC/FEM bench anyway to mess with newer tech.

Quick question, is there a difference between "CAN Bridge / Wake-Up something something" vs a "CAN Filter / Activator"?

If they both get sandwiched into KCAN2, do they both have different functions? Don't really know shit about these "CAN" products which are probably all the same, with different stickers.
I want a OEM bench. A can bridge sends wake up signals over the can bus, a can filter removes the vin info out of the can bus.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #307
niksss
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW E92 328i X-Drive
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Hello guys. I have NBT ID4 (not EVO) retrofited in my E92. I have been trying to get some of the online BMW services (like Weather) to work (using Internet over Bluetooth from phone) but with no succes. I have seen how it is done on cars with native NBT, but this method doesn't work for me. Does anyone have an idea how can I get these services to run without the ATM module ? Thanks.
I tried with this settings and the NBT starts using internet from my phone, but BMW Live doesn't appear:
3003 > ONLINE_BROWSER - beide_active
3003 > ONLINE_SERVICES = nicht_aktiv
3003 > ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS = nicht_aktiv
3003 > ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE = aktiv
3003 > DUN_PROFILE->aktiv
3003 > PAN_PROFILE->aktiv

HU_NBT->DATACOMM SIM>Aktiv
HU_NBT->BLUETOOTH_SAP_SUPPORT--> AKTIV
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 03:02 AM   #308
Grusse
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: M1 e26
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Hi,
I have retrofit NBT_EVO id6 to my pre_lci car for about two weeks ago, and still have some coding to do.

I have installed the EVO-HU with Custom Retrofit Exx-adapter, touch iDrive controller & 8.8" screen, no ATM-module installed.

I have problem to end Bluetooth phonecalls from the car, both phoneButton at steering wheel & "End call" from iDrive will not work. Only way to hang up the phonecall are from my iPhone 11.

But to make a call from car, it work both from phoneButton & iDrive. And Bluetooth Audio works without problems.

Any ideas what to code?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST