E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Auto - Hard/Missed Shift from 3rd-4th Under Load

03-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
The Pork Hunt
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i xdrive msport

Auto - Hard/Missed Shift from 3rd-4th Under Load

Hi guys I have a shifting issue I'm trying to figure out. I have an 09 335xi Auto that recently in the cold we had here started randomly losing it's xdrive, DSC, ABS etc. while driving at highway speeds. Pull over turn the car off then on and everything is well again. Since it's got warmer this doesn't happen anymore unless I'm running WOT and shifting from the top of third into 4th which I first noticed when running some logs. Same thing, dash lights up like a Christmas tree, pull over plug in the MHD to read codes and nothing.

I seem to be able to replicate it constantly now but only when WOT shifting into 4th. Delay, then hard bang into fourth or yesterday it missed fourth altogether, revved up to redline and locked me into 3rd. That gave me codes when that happened 2E7F, CD99, CD9D, CD9E, CDB0. Turned the car off and on and all was well again.

Trying to know if this is more likely to be tranny, TC or TC actuator related. Anyone else have the same or similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #2
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

JB4 only pulls DME codes no?

Use a BMW scanner to pull faults from the EGS module, which is your trans module.

Also stop driving the car and reproducing this issue. This sounds like common shift solenoid/sealing sleeve issue that causes pressure issues inside the trans. Repeated reproduction will wear the clutches in your trans, for 4-5 most likely E clutch and you will need a new donor trans to swap in.
Appreciate 0