E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2011 335i not cranking up

03-17-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
Miggie5
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i (e90)

My 335i was running fine yesterday morning and in the middle of the day it did not crank up. I tried many times to take the key out and try again but it did not work. One clue is sometimes when i drove the RPMs would drop a bit then go back to the normal RPM and when i drove from 0-20, it sometimes jerked back slightly and kept accelerating. I heard the fuel getting to the engine but there was no firing from the spark plugs when i pressed the ignition. No check engine or other codes, Nothing happened but the accessories being on, gears for transmission still worked which i noticed the illuminator lights dont work for drive or neutral which has been like that for a while, and my battery is still about and year and a half old. No fuel or any other leaks is leaking in the engine bay, i did have low fuel thinking that resolved it but that wasnt it, the only thing it comes down to is either a sensor, a blown fuse, or the starter. Any suggestions for someone thats seen this before?
Appreciate 0