E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW CREE LED Angel Eyes | 2-Year Warranty | 10W, 20W, 32W & 40W | Horizon LEDs

Closed Thread

08-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #617
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfc1970 View Post
im ordering a set from ebay as 2 year warranty and you have paypal and ebay protection plus cheaper
Yeah wish I had done this too. Never had an issue with eBay sellers.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #618
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 3.0d LCI

Quote:
im ordering a set from ebay as 2 year warranty and you have paypal and ebay protection plus cheaper
I considered this but from reading around the eBay ones will be very hit and miss. I still think these horizon ones are expensive for bulbs, but I'm hoping to get it right first time in terms of quality. If they ever turn up...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #619
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim G View Post
I considered this but from reading around the eBay ones will be very hit and miss. I still think these horizon ones are expensive for bulbs, but I'm hoping to get it right first time in terms of quality. If they ever turn up...
Just got a message to say mine have been lost in the post and they are sending out another set which should arrive tomorrow... Fingers crossed...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 03:00 AM   #620
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Received new angel eye bulbs after waiting nearly a week for them. Didn't come with instructions but it did come with all the tools needed to remove the arch liners and the bulbs.

Didn't start very well when I took them out of the box. Found that the bulbs were too wide for the plastic covers!

So I had to hacksaw the ends off as they were obviously for another model of bmw... (Not impressed as it was over £40 for two of them...) It had e90L on the box ticked instead of e90. I assume these leds were for the lci and not the pre lci which I have and which was on the order....

Took about 30 mins per side to remove liners, old bulb and put new one in and put it all back together.

Its definitely made a difference from the yellow angel eyes to a bright white to match the xenons inside the rings.

However i've noticed that one of them is whiter than the other which is either down to the fact that I found that one of the headlights has been replaced recently and the other hasn't, or there is a difference in colour between the bulbs. (I may swap them over to rule this out).

Unfortunately I dont think i'd use this company again..

Colour difference between two new leds... (doesnt show up so well on camera) Left isn't as bright as the right.

Last edited by Frasers_330d; 08-28-2015 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #621
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

To be fair to the company they are sending me out another set of leds for my model of 3 series which i should hopefully get tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #622
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine arrived today. May get a chance to fit them over the weekend hopefully!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #623
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So just spent the best part of 2 hours destroying the skin on my hands trying to fit the 20w H8 LEDs.

Drivers side, no problems. Passenger side, couldn't get the bulb to fit for love nor money. Now it is difficut to work out the problem, becuase it is very tight, and you have limited vision, but it appears like there is a piece of plastic in the way of the where the heat sink needs to drop into, meaning you can't quite get the bulb 'engaged' in the holder & locked into place. I certainly cant turn it to get it to lock. If it isn't this, then its something to do with the 3 tabs not going into the 3 slots, and me not being able to turn the bulb to secure it, but I suspect the former.

As I say, its damn tight in there so virtually immposible to figure out whats going on when your hand is in there.

Here's a PIC of the 'suspected' offending piece of plastic (right in the middle of the photo where the red & blue wires appear to come from) which you can see is slightly scuffed from the heat sink.

Has anyone else had problems with the H820w bulbs on their E90/91?

Last edited by Tim G; 08-29-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #624
chriz1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d?

I'm afraid another negative list from me,
Bought the 40w Angel eye bulbs beginning of the year paid next day delivery and they came a week later.
One failed and waited 3 weeks for a replacement to be sent out.
I'm now waiting to receive my second replacement as one bulb has again failed also bad burn marks on the currently working one.
Waited over a week for a reply and sent pictures of faulty bulb, but that's the last I've heard from horizon LEDs, very poor service to be honest
Which is a great shame
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #625
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriz1 View Post
Bought the 40w Angel eye bulbs beginning of the year paid next day delivery and they came a week later.
I'm now waiting to receive my second replacement as one bulb has again failed also bad burn marks on the currently working one.
Waited over a week for a reply and sent pictures of faulty bulb, but that's the last I've heard from horizon LEDs, very poor service to be honest
Which is a great shame
Sounds familar unfortunately...

I was told I would have my replacement 20w leds sent out to me today after I was sent incorrectly sent out a set of lci angel eyes. (My car is a pre lci which i stated in the order..)

Haven't arrived today and I don't think they will arrive tomorrow as its a sunday.

So i will be back at work on Monday and they have been sent to my home address.. Great..

All in all very disappointed...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #626
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Hi Fraser,

I can see your replacement was sent on Friday for next day tracked delivery. We can't control Royal Mail unfortunately, with it being bank holiday it seems they have been delayed. Not in our control sadly.

If you have already emailed us you will get a response from the office when the are reopen on Tuesday. We are closed on weekends.

Understand the incorrect ones were sent to you, apologies about that. Correct ones have been sent, along with offer to reimburse original shipping costs and also return shipping costs for the ones which have been damaged by the alterations you made.

Please continue to liaise with the guys in the office an they will help you.

Regards,

Horizon Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasers_330d View Post
Sounds familar unfortunately...

I was told I would have my replacement 20w leds sent out to me today after I was sent incorrectly sent out a set of lci angel eyes. (My car is a pre lci which i stated in the order..)

Haven't arrived today and I don't think they will arrive tomorrow as its a sunday.

So i will be back at work on Monday and they have been sent to my home address.. Great..

All in all very disappointed...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #627
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriz1 View Post
Which is a great shame
Hi Chriz1,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I can see the original order was made during our sale event when the item was out of stock hence why the delayed delivery. You have a 2 year warranty on the kit so there are no issues on replacements, please wait for your warranty replacement to be sent out as these are ordered directly from the supplier. If you are still awaiting on a response to your email, this will be attended to o when we re open on Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs Forum Team
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #628
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So just spent the best part of 2 hours destroying the skin on my hands trying to fit the 20w H8 LEDs.

Drivers side, no problems. Passenger side, couldn't get the bulb to fit for love nor money. Now it is difficut to work out the problem, becuase it is very tight, and you have limited vision, but it appears like there is a piece of plastic in the way of the where the heat sink needs to drop into, meaning you can't quite get the bulb 'engaged' in the holder & locked into place. I certainly cant turn it to get it to lock. If it isn't this, then its something to do with the 3 tabs not going into the 3 slots, and me not being able to turn the bulb to secure it, but I suspect the former.

As I say, its damn tight in there so virtually immposible to figure out whats going on when your hand is in there.

Here's a PIC of the 'suspected' offending piece of plastic (right in the middle of the photo where the red & blue wires appear to come from) which you can see is slightly scuffed from the heat sink.

Tim,

Can you drop us this on email please as we need more details on your model, there a few alternatives in the headlight design dependent on your VIN number as we have learn in the past.

Normally these can be easily fitted from the wheel arch access point for changing bulbs.

IF you email us on Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk but please only attach small image file sizes otherwise it will not come through to our mailbox.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs Forum Team
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #629
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Rfc1970, PayPal buyer protection policy is you cannot open a case after 180 days from the date of transaction and eBay buyer protection is 30 days.

Warranties on eBay unfortunately don't mean anything unless you buy a product where you can obtain a warranty service from the manufacturer of the product directly, with LED products this is rather difficult. So in essence on eBay you really only have 6 month if paid with PayPal.

With anything electrical, problems are likely. We have sold thousands of these kits and less then 1% actually come back under warranty. We don't even require the product back most of the time, just a picture and warranty replacement is ordered.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs Forum Team
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #630
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Guys,

A gentle reminder, our 15% Summer Sale is ending in a matter of hours, anything over £50 qualifies for 15% off using the code SUMMER15.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs Forum Team
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #631
Rfc1970
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonLEDs
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Rfc1970, PayPal buyer protection policy is you cannot open a case after 180 days from the date of transaction and eBay buyer protection is 30 days.

Warranties on eBay unfortunately don't mean anything unless you buy a product where you can obtain a warranty service from the manufacturer of the product directly, with LED products this is rather difficult. So in essence on eBay you really only have 6 month if paid with PayPal.

With anything electrical, problems are likely. We have sold thousands of these kits and less then 1% actually come back under warranty. We don't even require the product back most of the time, just a picture and warranty replacement is ordered.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs Forum Team
I bought a set with 2 year warranty pal.
PayPal is there for the first 6 months but I still have 18 months after that to deal with the seller direct.
There are a few buyers on here not happy with your product so kettle and pit black springs to mind.
I bought a set for £33 saving £7 and hopefully quicker delivery than yours has been.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #632
JM85
Captain
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 + AW E90

I've had a set of Gold Edition Angel Eyes for my LCI E90, some DRL's for the F30 & a HID kit for a mates Corsa for over a year now with no problems, I also found the service good
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #633
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

So had another look at this tonight and discovered that I can prise off that plastic cylinder that is obstructing the bulbs. It appears, from my limited view, that it simply holds the cables in place (pointless to a certain extent). So with that pushed down out of the way the new bulbs went in without issue. Just wish the instructions would have noted this as it is pretty hard to see in there to discover this for yourself!

On a separate note, what have others done with the additional wiring and control box that come with these LEDs? Leave the access point off the headlamp housing and secure the box to something, or drop it all into the light housing?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #634
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonLEDs View Post
Hi Fraser,

I can see your replacement was sent on Friday for next day tracked delivery. We can't control Royal Mail unfortunately, with it being bank holiday it seems they have been delayed. Not in our control sadly.

If you have already emailed us you will get a response from the office when the are reopen on Tuesday. We are closed on weekends.

Understand the incorrect ones were sent to you, apologies about that. Correct ones have been sent, along with offer to reimburse original shipping costs and also return shipping costs for the ones which have been damaged by the alterations you made.

Please continue to liaise with the guys in the office an they will help you.

Regards,

Horizon Forum Team
Thanks but I think I am well within my rights to ask for my shipping to be reinbursed after I paid extra for the 1-2 day delivery and waited almost a full week for the WRONG bulbs to arrive... again not my fault. And the fact i had to adapt them was due to the car being in bits and not wanting to pull it back apart another 2 times due to the errors you have made.

It seems like I am not the only one to be waiting at least this time for bulbs which makes me think you do not have them in stock and are ordering them from another company.

I think that your communication and customer service could do with some work and I look forward to receiving my correct bulbs tomorrow.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #635
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Quote:
So had another look at this tonight and discovered that I can prise off that plastic cylinder that is obstructing the bulbs. It appears, from my limited view, that it simply holds the cables in place (pointless to a certain extent). So with that pushed down out of the way the new bulbs went in without issue. Just wish the instructions would have noted this as it is pretty hard to see in there to discover this for yourself!

On a separate note, what have others done with the additional wiring and control box that come with these LEDs? Leave the access point off the headlamp housing and secure the box to something, or drop it all into the light housing?
I agree with this. I think that basic instructions should be sent out with each kit. Save a lot of guesswork....
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 03:57 AM   #636
den656
Private
Rep
Drives: 318D

Hi guys , I feel I have to add my 2p worth on this, I bought a pair of Angel eye bulbs for my lci e90 ,the colour and lights were vastly improved, sadly after a few months one went significantly dimmer ,but after an email to a guy called Zain , and a pic to show him what I meant I had a replacement sent out.
Zain did tell me it was going to take just over a week to arrive as it came direct from the supplier,and it was a week and a half, it may be a while for a replacement but in my view,if you are covered for two years it will be worth doing , I found emailing them directly to be the best way of dealing with them,shipping may be a tad slow,but I found them decent detailing with issues ,hope that helps ,Den .
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #637
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep

Got my replacement angel eyes today. I'm going to try and fit them when i get a spare minute. Hopefully i dont need to hack anything up and the bulbs are the same brightness!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #638
dannym
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport

Terrible service from this company, I had to return an order which they now claim they havent received. I have never had anything lost in the post by the Royal Mail - now they are not replying to any of my emails. looks like good bye to nearly £90. I will persist with my daily emails to them until it is resolved.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread