E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cluster Swap Problem e90 320d

10-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
OldIrishE90
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d

Cluster Swap Problem e90 320d

I bought a 2nd hand cluster for my 320d. Although it has transpired that it came from and automatic and mine is manual so it's showing a transmission fault even though it's not an automatic. When I get this codes with my vin will the cluster know that my car is manual and stop with the warning light? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIrishE90 View Post
I bought a 2nd hand cluster for my 320d. Although it has transpired that it came from and automatic and mine is manual so it's showing a transmission fault even though it's not an automatic. When I get this codes with my vin will the cluster know that my car is manual and stop with the warning light? Thanks in advance
Erase VIN and odometer then code your cars VO with NCS Expert.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
OldIrishE90
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d

E90 cluster coding problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIrishE90 View Post
Erase VIN and odometer then code your cars VO with NCS Expert.
I took the cluster I bought to a guy who does bmw coding and he said it wouldn't take the code. Is it possible to use the parts from the new cluster to just fix the old one?
Appreciate 0