E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > HELP! failed to reset brake pad warning light

12-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
beto17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

You need new sensors everytime you need brake pads if you dont want to buy new sensors everytime you need brake pads dont wait until your sensors wear down and tell you your pads are low and replaced them a little earlier.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
MAZINGER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Question guys. The brake indicator showed the front pad had 80,000km and the rear pad had 5,000 km. The numbers never changed on the board computer for almost a year.

I assumed there should be something wrong with the brake sensors. What bothered me was the rear brake sensor number. If I just replace the rear brake sensor and rest the computer, do I expect the rear brake sensor number to be reset to a number (what is the default number for the rear brake after reset anyway)? Or do I need to replace all the sensors at the same time?

Please advise and thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #25
FrazM865
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E82

I’m having pretty much the same issue as OP on my 1 Series E82.

My issue is that I have replaced my front discs & pads on my E82 as they needed done plus the car was telling me I had under 1000 miles to left on the countdown.
I did not replace the sensor as it visually looked ok plus it had not ‘tripped’.
Following this I went through the normal procedure to reset the countdown but i’ve now been left with a _______ reading.
As I wasn’t sure what happened I foolishly tried to reset my rears also see if they reset ok but I now get the same reading for them - they are fine and nowhere close to needing replacement.
In addition to these readings I’m also receiving warnings on the dash - the car on ramp and (!). From reading the manual I see this means brake pads are worn.
I see suggestions elsewhere that replacing the front sensor will allow the reset to work, can anyone confirm this?
If my old sensor is ok, can I just unplug & replug this to allow the reset?
Finally, will resetting the fronts allow the backs to also be reset or would I have to follow a similar process for them?

Thanks

Last edited by FrazM865; 06-07-2019 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Slight addition
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #26
Ginnobautista
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4

BREAK PAD with negative miles to reset

For those who tried to reset and get that quick sound and nothing is reset and for those who have negative miles on it. and for those who is just resetting and not resetting even if you get to the reset section

MOST IMPORTANT
Make sure Vehicle is park on a level surface

"" Disengaged mechanical hand break ""

Then scroll to total distance left BC
then do your order of getting into the reset .. make sure hold BC and watch clock finish..

It does not matter if car is running or 'ON" doors open, etc.
guarantee its the hand break that was not letting you reset should take you less than a minute to do it
Appreciate 0