Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 2011 328i xDrive e92 LCI - upgrade from OEM-18" stagger, to Vossen-19" VFS2 stagger

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

2011 328i xDrive e92 LCI - upgrade from OEM-18" stagger, to Vossen-19" VFS2 stagger

fellow e9x'ers,

My car;
2011 328i xDrive LCI e92 M-Sport package

My current OEM wheel/tire setup;
Wheels;
Front = 18x8" +34 offset [weight 11.226kg] (BMW OEM - Style = Starspoke 193 M)
Rear = 18x8.5" +37 offset [weight 12.307kg] (BMW OEM - Style = Starspoke 193 M)

Tires;
Front = 225/40ZR-18 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS)
Rear = 255/35ZR-18 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS)

The wheels Im building on www.carid.com;
Vossen VFS2 satin bronze finish;
Wheels;
Front = 19"x9" +35 offset
Rear = 19"x10" +42 offset

Tires;
Front = 235/35ZR19 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS)
Rear = 275/30ZR19 (Continental ExtremeContact DWS)

Few questions I have;
1) Will the wheel and tire size changes cause any issues with xDrive?
2) Are the new tire sizes more "meatier"? Its the only option for tire size I have on their website for these wheels... so Im wondering how they are calculating it and asking the pros on here for their input if this is indeed the "right" tire size? I want a meaty tire since I live in NYC, but want to make sure that Im within spec for xDrive.
3) Will going from 18" to 19" cause my car to look like a monster truck? Im willing to invest on coilovers to lower it, but I want to make sure Im purchasing everything right from day one... what are some options I have on coilovers? Are they adjustable?
4) Will the offsets be good on my car given the difference of wheel/tire sizes? What about with my current M-sport suspension? And what about with after market coilovers (Id prefer to stay stock on suspension, but I want to be flush as possible without rubbing and dont want the car to look "raised" - so will purchase coilovers if necessary)
5) Overall, are Vossen VFS2 wheels good? Are they built well? Theyre not cheap, so Im hoping they are built well and are not prone to cracks...
6) Does anybody know how much Vossen VFS2 wheels weight?

Summary of what I want;
As of right now, I have a jetback e92. The color theme is Gray/Black and the car looks great. But Ive owned the car for 5.5 years, I got some curb rash on my wheels, and want to give it a "refresh", instead of buying a new car. My current 18" setup is also not flush.

I want to change the theme from Black/Gray over to Black/Copper-gold-bronze. After the wheel upgrades, I want to paint some of the decals the same color, etc.

On www.carid.com this entire wheel build is coming out to $3,477.96 and it includes;
1) VOSSEN VFS2 Satin Bronze wheels - 19"x9" ($1,098 for two)
2) VOSSEN VFS2 Satin Bronze wheels - 19"x10" ($1,198for two)
3) VOSSEN - Classic Billet sport Brickel Bronze and Black center Cap ($150 all four)
4) Continental DWS06 - 235/35ZR19 ($395.98 for two)
5) Continental DWS06 - 275/30ZR19 ($445.98 for two)
6) Road Force mounting and balancing (included for free)
7) Coyote - zinc adhesive balancing weights (included for free)
8) branick - free nitrogen tire inflation (included for free)
9) Vossen - forged upgraded nuts and bolts ($150)
10) vossen - security wheel locks ($40)

Let me know your thoughts all.

Do we have any VOSSEN VFS2 resellers on here that can hook me up with a discount? Feel free to PM me or reply on here.

I recently contacted APEX, but they dont have what Im looking for, so giving Vossen a shot now.

Sincerely,
mastarron

Last edited by mastarron; 06-10-2019 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0