E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Key fob not working, no ignition, no crank, no start

04-20-2024, 04:21 AM   #1
david5041
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 330d 2007

Exclamation Key fob not working, no ignition, no crank, no start

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello dear friends, I had some issues, hope this helps anyone with same problem, I have searched this problem but did not find any useful info.

While driving dash showed Ignition Faulty error with description: You may have to press the brake pedal or clutch to start the engine. Contact the nearest BMW Service.

After I stopped, Start Stop button was not responding, with one click I could not turn off the engine.
I tried holding it longer and it worked, engine was stopped.

I scanned with ISTA, came up with two errors in CAS:
A0BA
A0B9

After shutdown, I tried to eject the key, but the Ignition lock was not letting the key go, it was stuck inside.

I dissasembled ignition lock and removed the key, returned everything in place, key not responding, not locking in the ignition, no ignition, no power to the dash or radio etc...

Bought another ignition lock thinking it will solve my problem, but with no luck.

Tried disconnecting two pin cable to the IBS, nothing again.

Solution:
Only after I have disconnected blue colored B+ cable, power to the IBS, everything worked as normal.

Will look more into IBS, if anyone has any advice, thank you in advance
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00