E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2017/2018 Hockey thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #331
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
4517
Rep
5,506
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
7-2 destruction of the kings last night by the mighty Blues lol...oh well, gonna go to the wire in the west for playoff spots
Even Quick couldn't figure out what was going on from the bench
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #332
infinitekidM2C
Brigadier General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
684
Rep
4,180
Posts

Drives: don't own a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Even Quick couldn't figure out what was going on from the bench
in the third, after pulling quick, they scored again like after the first short or something really bad display all around
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #333
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
4517
Rep
5,506
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Kings win
Ducks lose
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #334
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3326
Rep
5,447
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Kings win, Sharks win,
Ducks lose
FTFY
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #335
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
792
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Okay...can the NHL Network come to grips? Ovie will not catch Gretzky.

Must be a slow day in hockey.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #336
Chihuahua
Lieutenant Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1011
Rep
1,927
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Okay...can the NHL Network come to grips? Ovie will not catch Gretzky.
I'm a lifelong Caps fan, but I agree with you; I don't see that happening. Assuming a 20 year career he'd have to score roughly 43 per year for the next seven years to overtake Gretzky. Thinking about that makes you realize how insanely good Gretzky was. I'm sure Ovi would gladly trade those 300 goals for one Stanley Cup.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #337
Ralph335
Private First Class
Ralph335's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

He's got no chance to catch him. Goalies are too good now. Go back and watch some replays of goalie play in the Gretzky era. It's horrendous.
__________________
2014 335xi M-Sport : Alpine White | Coral Red
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #338
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
4517
Rep
5,506
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So, first ESPN tells me Doughty scores a winning PPG in OT, so I pass out. Then this morning I hear on the radio Coyotes beat the Kings in SO.

Whiskey
Tango????
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #339
infinitekidM2C
Brigadier General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
684
Rep
4,180
Posts

Drives: don't own a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, first ESPN tells me Doughty scores a winning PPG in OT, so I pass out. Then this morning I hear on the radio Coyotes beat the Kings in SO.

Whiskey
Tango????
yeah goaltender interference. debatable but was the right call. we had a damn power play in OT but still couldn't win yuck!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #340
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
4517
Rep
5,506
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So ESPN told me last night we beat the Red Wings 4-1. I don't have the stomach to actually check.

The reason I'm depending on ESPN is because it seems if I get notified and THEN watch, 'king guys drop the puck.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #341
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
792
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph335 View Post
He's got no chance to catch him. Goalies are too good now. Go back and watch some replays of goalie play in the Gretzky era. It's horrendous.

Different time era...equipment gets better, players become stronger. Guarantee those old goalies in today's equipment would have been better...and today's hot shot goalies would look much like shit with the size of the pads, and lack of protection they had back then.

Skating players today have equipment that protects much better - at a fraction of the weight. Give McDavid larger gloves, stiffer, heaver equipment, baggy pants held up by suspenders and some weak leather weight skates, adding about 25lbs overall...that will show you how fast guys like Paul Coffee really were back then.

Can you imagine if Al Iafrate had a carbon fiber stick...sure as bald as that boy was...his shot would have made Chara's shot look average (even considering the fact the NHL allows him to use an illegal stick). To note, Iafrate was hitting 105 with a wood stick. The game's changed a ton...but I'd bet a younger Gretzky and Lemieux today would still dominate the NHL to high levels...as they too would gain all the advantages of technology.
__________________

- Joey
Proud owner of 2 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #342
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
792
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
yeah goaltender interference. debatable but was the right call. we had a damn power play in OT but still couldn't win yuck!
Wasn't as bad as the goalie/penalty interference call Dumoulin got in the Toronto game earlier this week...cost the Pens the game. He clearly is trying to stay out of the crease and Haisey shoves him into the goalie...

__________________

- Joey
Proud owner of 2 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 12:47 AM   #343
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3326
Rep
5,447
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Looking at the standings and it looks like the East is pretty much set as to who is in....the West is crazy especially considering there is going to be at least one good team not making the cut.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #344
infinitekidM2C
Brigadier General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
684
Rep
4,180
Posts

Drives: don't own a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Looking at the standings and it looks like the East is pretty much set as to who is in....the West is crazy especially considering there is going to be at least one good team not making the cut.
let's hope it's the ducks. quack.
__________________
Appreciate 1
jgoens3326.00

      03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #345
Ralph335
Private First Class
Ralph335's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Different time era...equipment gets better, players become stronger. Guarantee those old goalies in today's equipment would have been better...and today's hot shot goalies would look much like shit with the size of the pads, and lack of protection they had back then.

Skating players today have equipment that protects much better - at a fraction of the weight. Give McDavid larger gloves, stiffer, heaver equipment, baggy pants held up by suspenders and some weak leather weight skates, adding about 25lbs overall...that will show you how fast guys like Paul Coffee really were back then.

Can you imagine if Al Iafrate had a carbon fiber stick...sure as bald as that boy was...his shot would have made Chara's shot look average (even considering the fact the NHL allows him to use an illegal stick). To note, Iafrate was hitting 105 with a wood stick. The game's changed a ton...but I'd bet a younger Gretzky and Lemieux today would still dominate the NHL to high levels...as they too would gain all the advantages of technology.
Good point. Equipment is definitely better now. A lot of the old scorers would have definitely benefited from the new sticks and all the old superstars probably would still dominate. There's no questioning the lack of skill.

I guess I just mean goalie play is better. Even a league average goaltender right now is better than your best stand-up goalie from the past. They are just way more skilled in the butterfly style of play nowadays.
__________________
2014 335xi M-Sport : Alpine White | Coral Red
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #346
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
116
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Wasn't as bad as the goalie/penalty interference call Dumoulin got in the Toronto game earlier this week...cost the Pens the game. He clearly is trying to stay out of the crease and Haisey shoves him into the goalie...

As much as I'd like the see the Laughs lose - this is the right call. The Dman contact was minimal and the Pens player made contact with the goalies head before the puck crossed the line. But I will say, in real time I call that a goal - upon review I take it back.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #347
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
116
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Can you imagine if Al Iafrate had a carbon fiber stick...sure as bald as that boy was...his shot would have made Chara's shot look average (even considering the fact the NHL allows him to use an illegal stick). To note, Iafrate was hitting 105 with a wood stick. The game's changed a ton...but I'd bet a younger Gretzky and Lemieux today would still dominate the NHL to high levels...as they too would gain all the advantages of technology.
Iafrate and MacInnis would be crushing it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #348
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
4517
Rep
5,506
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

That OT loss to the Jets last night, I was like "come ON Quick!!" Oh, not Quick - smh
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #349
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3326
Rep
5,447
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Last nights Sharks vs Knights game---wow..just Wow. Of course the Sharks pulled off an OT win. Hoping to see a match-up between these two in the playoffs.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #350
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
792
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
So, Chicago's got a new goalie? How cool would this be...

__________________

- Joey
Proud owner of 2 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 1
TMD29100.00

      03-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #351
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
116
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

^ Awesome. What a great story.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #352
infinitekidM2C
Brigadier General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
684
Rep
4,180
Posts

Drives: don't own a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
^ Awesome. What a great story.
i read about that emergency goalie lol, pretty crazy
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hockey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST