E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > ***2017 College Football Thread***

01-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #507
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Keep hating, we'll just keep winning. All you haters know Ohio State will always be annual contenders for the trophy. Not some team who gets a break every 5 years and finds themselves in the title game.

Btw, you never told us who your team is. Come on hater spill it....Same shit cuts both ways. It's funny how others have to use another team's win over Ohio State to prove some point about how "bad" Ohio State is. What's the matter, your team not relevant? Cannot beat us? Cannot match our history? Come on man... Who's your team?
I happen to think it was a travesty the BIG10 was not properly represented this year.
A ridicluous rematch of the SEC championship w/o giving other legitimate contenders a shot.. I'd even have felt better if they let UCF in there to see what they were made of instead of a same ole' game.
Just ridiculous decision making this year .. and once again the call to an 8 team playoff because of flubs like this.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace3289.00

01-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #508
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I vaguely remember that. I looked it up and Tennessee won the NC that year after going undefeated. Even tougher sell for Tulane than UCF.
They're not trying to sell anything other than t-shirts that are mocking UCF...
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 1
RickFLM42668.50

01-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #509
RickFLM4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Keep hating, we'll just keep winning. All you haters know Ohio State will always be annual contenders for the trophy. Not some team who gets a break every 5 years and finds themselves in the title game.

Btw, you never told us who your team is. Come on hater spill it....Same shit cuts both ways. It's funny how others have to use another team's win over Ohio State to prove some point about how "bad" Ohio State is. What's the matter, your team not relevant? Cannot beat us? Cannot match our history? Come on man... Who's your team?
I happen to think it was a travesty the BIG10 was not properly represented this year.
A ridicluous rematch of the SEC championship w/o giving other legitimate contenders a shot.. I'd even have felt better if they let UCF in there to see what they were made of instead of a same ole' game.
Just ridiculous decision making this year .. and once again the call to an 8 team playoff because of flubs like this.
It wasn't a rematch of the SEC championship. Alabama didn't make it to the SEC Championship. Last 2 years seem to indicate that missing conference championship game is an advantage, which is the opposite of how it should work IMO.
BimmerAg311.50

01-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #510
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
It wasn't a rematch of the SEC championship. Alabama didn't make it to the SEC Championship. Last 2 years seem to indicate that missing conference championship game is an advantage, which is the opposite of how it should work IMO.
Yer right my mistake Auburn put Alabama in their place
but they got theirs
bottom line though is thats great for Alabama they got their second chance
whereas others go no chance
hardly fair
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #511
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Yer right my mistake Auburn put Alabama in their place
but they got theirs
bottom line though is thats great for Alabama they got their second chance
whereas others go no chance
hardly fair
Who got no chance? Ohio St. would have been in if the had taken care of Iowa. UCF who played 1 ranked team in the regular season.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #512
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Pick your system, AP/UPI polls, BCS, current four team play-off, some suggesting eight team play-off, bottom line is some one will be left out and feel slighted. Go eight team and #9 will cry they got screwed... Heading toward participation trophies.
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #513
the storm breaks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E92 6MT

4 team playoff is fine. The inconsistency with the selection committee is the problem.

Hell let #5 play #4 as a wild card round to see who moves on to play #1 for all I care. There's going to be a problem with any system, and the more teams you start to let in, the more average the resumes get.

Regardless, it's going to be 4 teams through 2026, so the tears will just keep on flowing.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:04 PM   #514
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep

I'd personally like to see the DivI conference champs represented
allows all the cinderellas in and you never know what will happen
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #515
Flying Ace
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Pick your system, AP/UPI polls, BCS, current four team play-off, some suggesting eight team play-off, bottom line is some one will be left out and feel slighted. Go eight team and #9 will cry they got screwed... Heading toward participation trophies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the storm breaks View Post
4 team playoff is fine. The inconsistency with the selection committee is the problem.

Hell let #5 play #4 as a wild card round to see who moves on to play #1 for all I care. There's going to be a problem with any system, and the more teams you start to let in, the more average the resumes get.

Regardless, it's going to be 4 teams through 2026, so the tears will just keep on flowing.
I completely agree that 4 team is just the right number. Even as an Ohio State fan who's gotten the benefit twice and slighted once from being the 4th team.

Take care of business, play the right schedule, look good doing it, and you're in. No more excuses. Back in the BCS days, for some years, you were only allowed to slip once! At least the CFP format theoretically could allow you slip only once AND still play in the CFP. That's an improvement, evidenced by a 1-loss 4th seed winning it TWICE, and 1 and 2 seeds getting blown out.

Any more slots and you indeed are looking at participation awards. Just look at the travesty of the NCCA basketball tournament. Went from 64 for the longest time to 65, and then to 68...then rumors of 96 or 128 teams.

There are only 12 regular season games. Make them actually count for something instead of the NFL system. Lose a non-divisional game?... ho-hum, as long as we win 9...that's when you get guys taking week 17 off. There will ALWAYS be complainers for the team left out. You can have a 50-team playoff system and I guarantee you when Notre Dame finishes in 51st spot, they'll complain.

Frankly, I think the inconsistency of the committee is just fine, IMO. It makes for great tv and discussions and makes all this fun. And College Football Championships has ALWAYS been a beauty contest. If you want a formulaic approach, then that's the BCS right there. A known formula. Frankly, I'm okay with the BCS again, but with a 4 team playoff approach. The key issue with the BCS was the wide ranging differences of the polls and balancing and weighing each poll/ranking system.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 01-22-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #516
BabyrayS2k
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan Sport Package

Quote:

Ohio State got blown out by Iowa. They were a 2 loss team. The best team won it all. Again.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #517
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyrayS2k View Post
Ohio State got blown out by Iowa. They were a 2 loss team. The best team won it all. Again.
Thats a conference win.. what I'm saying is the conference champs should square off in the playoffs
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #518
BabyrayS2k
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan Sport Package

Quote:
Thats a conference win.. what I'm saying is the conference champs should square off in the playoffs
That is not a requirement to make the playoff. The committee selects who it deems as the four best teams and obviously BAMA was the best team of all. Ohio State was not one of the four best teams and would have gotten worked by any of the four selected.
Appreciate 0