E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > DP FIX help needed

07-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
AW335OME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E90 M3, F80 M3

DP FIX help needed

You're probably thinking there are tons of threads on the topic of the DP fix for emissions testing.

I have not used this site in some time, however, my inspection is up and I searched for a bit and I did find lots of helpful information but nothing really answered my question.

My scenario;
I have JB4 and VRSF catless DP on my car and I installed the DP FIX @ 5o'clock.

With JB4 map 0, auto clear off and about 70miles driving. I showed readiness COMPLETE for 6 monitors and 1 INCOMPLETE for 'Catalyst Monitoring'. In NJ were allowed one incomplete so I thought I was good to go for inspection.

On my way to the inspection center, of course the SES light comes on, so that would have automatically voided my inspection.

I go back home, turn on auto clear with JB4, SES light goes away.

And i've been trying to do drive cycles after that but the SES light will come on before readiness now.

BMS instructions say that playing with the DP FIX dial is needed if throwing 2C31/2C32 or 29F4/29F5 codes but my car is not throwing any of those codes.

But I am having P2098, P0041, P0420, P0430 codes.

Ive tried uninstalling the DP fix then reinstalling, but I am still getting SES light before readiness now, Just tried again and got SES at 20 miles and only 5 complete monitors and 2 incomplete.

I am looking for a solution to reaching readiness without the SES light coming on.

Sorry if this has been solved before but I am growing impatient after running around trying to get this problem figured out

Future thanks for any help

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
betacris
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

You ever get a fix for this? I installed my dp fix and cannot get it right. Getting P0041 and P2098... if i set the dp fix strong (counterclockwise) the P0041 goes away but the P2098 stays and I cant get rid of that one. Doesnt seem like the normal dp fix codes.

Today i actually got under and verified the grey wire in the rear and black for front so I know the P0041 is just from having the DP or i guess it could be a bad o2 sensor... just hope that the latter isn't the issue.
Appreciate 0