E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > My bulletproof 320i GT - Ask me anything

05-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #133
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmente View Post

i thought it was to weak so i spend 500USD to do a stage 1 remap + KN boosting 184cv to 270cv

After remap with armour = 6,9 sec

*clicks * , NOICE !
Muito Foda
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #134
tayone415
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I first thought you somehow found a secret to making your BMW the most reliable car possible. Never traveling to other countries, my next thoughts was that maybe it was a joke or someone trolling.

That is a thick window, I'm assuming you had to really upgrade the window motor, couldn't they push down on the window to get to you?

Why would you get a BMW if you're spending money to protect yourself from being robbed or killed, why wouldn't you go for a car that makes you look like you have less money? If you really wanted a BMW, wouldn't you want a faster model to get away?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #135
freakystyly
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Got to ask, what do they do to reinforce those cheap window regulators?

Also how is the body armored? The body panels are super thin from factory and would barely stop a BB.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 07:10 PM   #136
CachacoF80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
I bet its actually higher than that... its probably in the 60% range and 40% have more than one gun in the house.

But considering the sheer number of guns here, America really has very little gun crime (we like to make a big deal about it)... 300+ million guns go every day without ever being used in a crime. It's something like 1% of 1% that ever actually gets used in a crime and something like 90% of those are stolen from law-abiding citizens. The numbers are really really tricky since it becomes such a hot charged topic, and rarely is data compiled without a bias.
It's relative. According to PBS, the US ranks 2nd behind Brazil in total gun related deaths:

You can say this is biased because US has a high population, so let's look per capita. According to the World Population Review, the US ranks 9th (12.21 deaths) in firearm-related deaths per 100,000 people per year. The countries doing worse are poor messed up 3rd world countries known for gangs & violence like Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuela, Guatemala, etc. Even Mexico ranks higher (7.64 deaths). Serbia is highest ranked European country at 3.49. Canada is at 2.05 and UK at 0.23. So relative to first world countries, the US don't do so well.
Worth pointing out that the US is likely high up in the rankings of school shootings.

Many poorer countries have violence described in this thread but usually linked with robbery, drug trade, personal vendettas, etc. But school shootings are something I only considered as a risk when I moved to the US.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #137
bmwmgens
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 LimeRock M2 - F80 '16 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Lol I don't get it...are you a drug dealer?
Owning a nice car in these countries makes you a target....occupation doesn't matter 😅🤣
      05-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #138
germ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i convertible

Quote:
police here really dosnt care, especially in the favelas , if they see u as a threat , they u just shoot u
Reminds me of the U.S.
Especially, but not exclusively, if you happen to be black.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #139
realmente
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 320i f34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayone415 View Post
I first thought you somehow found a secret to making your BMW the most reliable car possible. Never traveling to other countries, my next thoughts was that maybe it was a joke or someone trolling.

That is a thick window, I'm assuming you had to really upgrade the window motor, couldn't they push down on the window to get to you?

Why would you get a BMW if you're spending money to protect yourself from being robbed or killed, why wouldn't you go for a car that makes you look like you have less money? If you really wanted a BMW, wouldn't you want a faster model to get away?

My job has a lot to do with receiving foreigner clients, so GT has a lot of backspace and it looks expansive

window motor is original , but sometimes is weak

also just doing ECU with car is fast enough for me
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #140
tayone415
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
My job has a lot to do with receiving foreigner clients, so GT has a lot of backspace and it looks expansive

window motor is original , but sometimes is weak

also just doing ECU with car is fast enough for me
Ok, I was just thinking if I lived there and felt like I needed to add armor to my car, I'd go for something to try to outrun someone.

Good luck with window regulator and stay as safe as you can!
Appreciate 0