E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What did you do to your car today?

Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #13795
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
I really need to make this happen in mine.
I didn't want to extend the harness.
I've bought the new connector.
You just repinned the TCU/MULF wires into the combox connector and made it fit?

I've had all the stuff here for like 4 months. lost the motivation after I got the CIC in there.
That's what I did! I have had the combox on a shelf since May, finally had a day here with no other responsibilities to do the tedium of moving wires between connectors and then refreshing my brain on use of NCSExpert. The DIY thread started by "jimmelo" on Bimmerfest was my guide. I made a spreadsheet for doing the wiring swap then printed it out to set in the trunk with me; I started at the top of the list and worked to the bottom. I can send it to anyone who needs; I don't believe I can attach an excel file here.

From there, it was fairly straightforward coding: Change the VO to add and subtract features (per that same DIY thread), and then wrote that VO to the CIC and MEDIA. I had sent my CIC unit out to nickco43 for firmware and software updates in April, and so I didn't need any fsc or features coding to make the apps and connected drive work.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #13796
3PedalJake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOhh View Post
It's really refreshing to see other people that care about every detail. Fantastic job man, we love to see it.
Thanks man, it's nice to be around like minded ppl sometimes instead of always being the freak. Yours looks great, same as mine and the color I really wanted, altho sometimes it is a relief to have the Titan Silver, it hides a lot of sins. I know if you're keeping that BSM pristine you're one of us .
Appreciate 1
JonOhh78.50

Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #13797
tcphoto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe

I started my VCG DIY by pulling it and cleaning the area before finishing in the morning. I found that half the gasket was rather pliable and the other half like plastic. It's a project I'd prefer not doing again, the E46 was much easier. Funny, the E92 doesn't have the patina that the E46 did at a similar mileage.
Attached Images

Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #13798
E92William
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Cleaned a few disa valve housings and in for rebuilds
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #13799
LemansE90335xi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
You are the Disa Valve King!
      Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #13800
E92William
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
You are the Disa Valve King!
Thanks! I actually like working with and modifying these quite a bit
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:24 AM   #13801
neilvan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Found a few HIR1 bulbs at the local yard; With a few mods they fit in the M-sport fog lights. More light output is better right lol
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:30 AM   #13802
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalo View Post
That's what I did! I have had the combox on a shelf since May, finally had a day here with no other responsibilities to do the tedium of moving wires between connectors and then refreshing my brain on use of NCSExpert. The DIY thread started by "jimmelo" on Bimmerfest was my guide. I made a spreadsheet for doing the wiring swap then printed it out to set in the trunk with me; I started at the top of the list and worked to the bottom. I can send it to anyone who needs; I don't believe I can attach an excel file here.

From there, it was fairly straightforward coding: Change the VO to add and subtract features (per that same DIY thread), and then wrote that VO to the CIC and MEDIA. I had sent my CIC unit out to nickco43 for firmware and software updates in April, and so I didn't need any fsc or features coding to make the apps and connected drive work.
yeah I've done all the other cic coding and retrofit things.

It tok a week to find the right FSTOOLs so I could write FSC codes.

You made the right choice sending it to nicko. he helped me keep my sanity.
real nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:43 AM   #13803
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Wow! That's quite the kit. The results look good though. How do you keep the rust from coming right back?
Thanks, except for the angle grinder which is necessary the rest of it is harbor freight tools and ebay supplies, it's not an elaborate setup but effective for occasional use. I have a potion or elixir to ward rust and corrosion off most surfaces. The white diamond polish is supposed to have some kind of sealer but I think the answer for exhaust is you don't keep it from coming back, you have to polish it off now and again, it just gets too much heat to coat it with anything short of ceramic.

Castings on the other hand love RPM. You heat the part up and paint this paste on and it melts in, I used that on steering knuckles, hubs, water pump, all the bolts. Things you can't heat up or painted or plastic or whatever parts all have some kind of secret sauce.
Why not have them powder coated in silver? You could tape off the areas where you don't want paint to get into just like a caliper.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:10 AM   #13804
dmatre
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Installed Koni Sport/Eibach ProKit on the E90.

Somehow, it never goes as easy as shown in the YouTube videos.

Surprisingly, getting the rear springs in was far more difficult than doing the front struts.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 11:00 AM   #13805
3PedalJake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Why not have them powder coated in silver? You could tape off the areas where you don't want paint to get into just like a caliper.
For starters I don't know how or have any equipment to do powder coating (yet), but beyond that bare metal parts are supposed to be bare metal, and nothing says detailed like bare metal parts that look brand new.

These are a few things I've treated with RPM, it makes the metal bit darker, but now they'll look new for a long time, maybe until they wear out even.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2