E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW E91 - Rear camera wiring routing

12-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
Extremere
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Talking BMW E91 - Rear camera wiring routing

Hi!

I've recently bought a BMW E91 2006, I'm about to route a wire for a new backup-camera from the dashboard, I've stumble upon some difficulties with getting the D-Pillar? off the car in order to route the wire up on the pillar next to the batterycompartment in order to gain access to the wireloom going to the trunklid itself, so my question is, what do I have to remove in order to remove the D-pillar, do I need to remove the C-pillar and the plastics around the seatbelthousing?

If there is a DIY (Which I in that case can't find) with some great pictures or explanation on how it's done I would be extremely glad.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Not sure what you mean by D-pillar. To route the wire, most go along the bottom edge trim from the front of the cabin. Then you need to remove the seat bolster (or whole back seat if you don't have fold-down). That will give you direct access to the trunk. There's a DIY on backseat conversion/replacement that also mentions how to do the bolsters. IIRC, its a pop from the bottom and then push in an upward movement.

Once in the trunk, you route the wire up the same wire loom (through the black accordion rubber) on the battery side to get up into the trunk wiring.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #3
Extremere
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Thanks! I actually got the wire to the boot already, I borrowed a pic on the internet, the cable is comes out where the square is, and its the plastic trim which the arrow is pointing to that I want to remove in order to get more access to the other wires to the trunklid. Thanks again for answering!

Appreciate 0