Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS and RDC system help

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-17-2021, 05:52 PM   #1
MrS3anW
Rep
Drives: 2008 & 2011 BMW 335i

TPMS and RDC system help

I am trying to get rid of the TPMS light on my cluster, I scanned the car and I get 5 codes:

Error RDC system
Error wheel sensor VL
Error wheel sensor VR
Error wheel sensor HR
Error wheel sensor HL

I’m assuming all four sensors didn’t fail at the same time and it’s the RDC unit that needs replacing, does that sound correct?

The cars a 08’ 335i with aftermarket wheels and tires w/sensors.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #2
MrS3anW
Rep

What a useless forum.

I’ve posted here too many times and never get any help, what the fuck happened to forums, they used to be helpful back in the mid 2000s and now you either get hundreds of views and no help or someone making stupid remarks.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

lol

Maybe expecting a prompt/free all encompassing response in less than ~12 hours time is your actual problem..??

Given how easy it is to just code this junk system out and revert to FTM, that may be your best bet.

Plus, if you think this forum is bad, try joining an E9X Facebook group and see how bad the responses can really be haha
Appreciate 2
tetsuo1111224.00
      05-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #4
MrS3anW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
lol

Maybe expecting a prompt/free all encompassing response in less than ~12 hours time is your actual problem..??

Given how easy it is to just code this junk system out and revert to FTM, that may be your best bet.

Plus, if you think this forum is bad, try joining an E9X Facebook group and see how bad the responses can really be haha

It’s been almost a year and I still haven’t gotten any response…lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 05:50 AM   #5
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Not sure if you guys know how to use the search function… I do have a post on replacing the module, do a search in my post history.
If you have a bad rdc module you will most likely have a tpms error that you cannot reset. I am not saying the having a tpms error for each wheel is not a possibility though. I would recommend replacing the module with a new one but it will require coding.
As for the error for each tire, take the car to a tire shop, most can test each sensor while still on the car to see if they are still functioning. This will narrow down the problem if the receiver in the module is dead or not.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #6
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrS3anW View Post
I am trying to get rid of the TPMS light on my cluster, I scanned the car and I get 5 codes:

Error RDC system
Error wheel sensor VL
Error wheel sensor VR
Error wheel sensor HR
Error wheel sensor HL

I’m assuming all four sensors didn’t fail at the same time and it’s the RDC unit that needs replacing, does that sound correct?

The cars a 08’ 335i with aftermarket wheels and tires w/sensors.
While I personally would just code it out, I would agree that's more likely an RDC issue than all the sensors failing at once. I coded mine out a while back even though it worked fine. I'll sell my RDC if you want it
Appreciate 0