E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > LF: KW v2 front passenger side coilover strut

03-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i - 335D

LF: KW v2 front passenger side coilover strut

Hello,

My car hit the curb and it bent the shock body of the KWv2 that i have on my car. Looking for a full suspension set-up or just the front passenger side strut from a KW v2 for E90/92 RWD (if some one has another damaged kit and wants to get rid of it).

Let me know what do you guys have?

Thanks!
JR Auto tune and Bohl Diesel Downpipe - KWv2 coils - Apex Racing 18" EC7 wheels wrapped in Michelin PSS 245/275 F/R - Zimmerman cross drilled rotors F/R with Hawk HPS pads - SS brake lines - Motul RBF 600 - ADD W1 oil catch can - BMW performance CF spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueAddict View Post
Hello,

My car hit the curb and it bent the shock body of the KWv2 that i have on my car. Looking for a full suspension set-up or just the front passenger side strut from a KW v2 for E90/92 RWD (if some one has another damaged kit and wants to get rid of it).

Let me know what do you guys have?

Thanks!
I would try calling KW, they might be able to repair/replace it
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
I would try calling KW, they might be able to repair/replace it
I have, 6 weeks and will be coming from Germany.
JR Auto tune and Bohl Diesel Downpipe - KWv2 coils - Apex Racing 18" EC7 wheels wrapped in Michelin PSS 245/275 F/R - Zimmerman cross drilled rotors F/R with Hawk HPS pads - SS brake lines - Motul RBF 600 - ADD W1 oil catch can - BMW performance CF spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
CeeWhizzle
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
I have, 6 weeks and will be coming from Germany.
Better send it now lol Your chances of finding one from someone within the next 6 months is slim af.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeWhizzle View Post
Better send it now lol Your chances of finding one from someone within the next 6 months is slim af.
I have it ordered in since last week of January - I have the option of cancelling anytime before they ship it. That's the reason to post this here.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #6
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Crap man! Sorry to hear this! Hows the ride with the v2s? I'm trying to figure out a suspension setup, but everyone has a different opinion, lol.
      03-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
Crap man! Sorry to hear this! Hows the ride with the v2s? I'm trying to figure out a suspension setup, but everyone has a different opinion, lol.
Ride is pretty nice - a bit on the stiffer side, but car handles as if it is on the rails - tires play a big role in that as well. It really depends what your goals are. If you just want to lower the car and improve the handling, KW v1 are a pretty good choice. If you don't want to lower it, just improve handling - a spring strut combo will just do that.(Koni yellow's, Eibach sport/pro with swift/dinan/yellow BMW performance springs) If you want to hit the track, KW v2's give you the adjust-ability to tune the suspension for over/under steer etc.

Apart from that the only other thing that i can suggest is that don't go for a cheaper option like BC - they are decent for the price, but cannot survive Canadian winters. Look for Coil-overs/struts with stainless bodies.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #8
gxe2se
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 Xdrive

Sorry to hear about your KW. Perhaps you can install the stock fronts for now and get BOTH KW refreshed.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #9
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxe2se View Post
Sorry to hear about your KW. Perhaps you can install the stock fronts for now and get BOTH KW refreshed.
When i called in to order the new strut, i asked the same question - the sales guy put me through the technical support guy, and according to him i would be wasting money if the other shock is fine. I called again after a few days - different guy, pretty much the same response.
Appreciate 1
gxe2se37.50
      03-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #10
wj2018
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Ride is pretty nice - a bit on the stiffer side, but car handles as if it is on the rails - tires play a big role in that as well. It really depends what your goals are. If you just want to lower the car and improve the handling, KW v1 are a pretty good choice. If you don't want to lower it, just improve handling - a spring strut combo will just do that.(Koni yellow's, Eibach sport/pro with swift/dinan/yellow BMW performance springs) If you want to hit the track, KW v2's give you the adjust-ability to tune the suspension for over/under steer etc.

Apart from that the only other thing that i can suggest is that don't go for a cheaper option like BC - they are decent for the price, but cannot survive Canadian winters. Look for Coil-overs/struts with stainless bodies.
If you are looking for a better body control, I have Ohlins DFV for sale, great for canadian winters plus handle better than KW (many V3 owners are switching over to Ohlins). Let me know.
Appreciate 0