E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fault code help

11-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Fault code help

So ive had my EML on for a few weeks, i had another fault code that was the auc sensor which has been replaced and fault now gone.

The codes that just will not go away i cant seem to find any info out and the carly technical support didnt have an answer either.

Only bit of i fo i have found is that it relates to heated mirrors, but there both fine so i cant understand it.

All help much appreciated before i have to take it to bmw and have my pants pulled down
Attached Images

11-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

This is the only info i can find about it
Attached Images

12-06-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone?
      12-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

You sure your mirrors are actually heating up? You feel heat after letting them on for 5 minutes?

Last edited by TheMidnightNarwhal; 12-06-2018 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

I have both of these codes on an AUC car, they changed both the mirrors and glass at almost £1k and the codes have reappeared. I think it just comes up as mirror heating on bmw computer.

It’s actually going back again so they can take another look, but I suspect as there isn’t any obvious problems they may just leave

Last edited by Bmw330; 12-06-2018 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330 View Post
I have both of these codes on an AUC car, they changed both the mirrors and glass at almost £1k and the codes have reappeared. I think it just comes up as mirror heating on bmw computer.

It’s actually going back again so they can take another look, but I suspect as there isn’t any obvious problems they may just leave
Is it causing the eml to be on?
      12-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #7
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
You sure your mirrors are actually heating up? You feel heat after letting them on for 5 minutes?
Yes they are heating up and working as they should, read on a e60 forum that bmw under warranty spent close to 3k sorting the issue for someone on there
      12-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #8
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No dash lights are on, I only found mine when doing a fault code check.

What was replaced on the e60 to get it sorted?

Could you copy the link?, I’d be interested in knowing what they did as mine is back in bmw on the 20/12/18 to sort it.

Last edited by Bmw330; 12-19-2018 at 02:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #9
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Did you get any closer to a solution on this?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:24 AM   #10
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

UPDATE :

My car went back into bmw for this, and their system told them to change the mirrors and folding mirror motors again but they were reluctant to do that!, everything appears to be working fine so it’s booked in again to see what else may be causing it, they have suggested it could be a wiring or a module problem.......glad I’m not paying for it!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Final update:

Car had a fuse missing, they replaced the drivers glass again, and gave it a software update. Fault codes now gone!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2018, 05:34 AM   #12
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Final update:

Car had a fuse missing, they replaced the drivers glass again, and gave it a software update. Fault codes now gone!
Its bugging me that the eml light is in for what seems to be nothing, bmw want like £120 just to see what the fault is, but they will just come back with the mirrors need changing but theres nothing wrong with them
      12-31-2018, 07:17 AM   #13
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Mine all worked fine before, and no difference after what they did, oddly now the drivers glass is much hotter than the other! I’m not sure how a fuse would have been missing on mine as surely they wouldn’t work at all.

I think it took them a few hours and the glass is £90 a side, so probably not worth getting it sorted.

Just out of interest do you have folding mirrors?, I found another site where someone got the fault codes after activating the mirrors on key fob.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #14
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update:
I thought I’d check my fault codes recently and the hall sensor codes are back!, even after the fixes BMW did (new glass/mirrors etc)

Interestingly I turned off the coding for folding mirrors from key fob through mycarly and the fault codes dissapear and don’t come back, code it back on and they instantly reappear, so it’s obviously related to that coding somehow, maybe there is a glitch in the coding?

I’m going to drop an email to myCarly and see if it’s anything they are aware of?

This little update may be of use if you have the same problem.....
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:36 AM   #15
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Update:
I thought I’d check my fault codes recently and the hall sensor codes are back!, even after the fixes BMW did (new glass/mirrors etc)

Interestingly I turned off the coding for folding mirrors from key fob through mycarly and the fault codes dissapear and don’t come back, code it back on and they instantly reappear, so it’s obviously related to that coding somehow, maybe there is a glitch in the coding?

I’m going to drop an email to myCarly and see if it’s anything they are aware of?

I was going to pull the fuse for the heated mirrors at the weekend but the car is going in for 3 recalls, ill see if its stil there when i get the car back and investigate more, thanks for all the info though and il post an update
      02-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #16
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Update:

So got the car back from recalls hoping some sort of miracle was going to happen and the codes dissapear, they stayed off for 2 mins then come back on.

There definitely heating, o/s is dipping in reverse and they fold from both inside the car and on the fob, im completely baffled as to what is causing it.

The eml is driving me mad and ill be looking to sell the car in the next few months so need to get it sorted really
      02-04-2019, 11:28 PM   #17
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Have you got a my Carly?, try turning off the folding from key (even if you want that feature), and see if the codes dissapear, mine haven’t come back.

If they do then that’s two cars which have the same fault codes related to the folding option coding (software issue rather than hardware)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #18
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Have you got a my Carly?, try turning off the folding from key (even if you want that feature), and see if the codes dissapear, mine haven't come back.

If they do then that's two cars which have the same fault codes related to the folding option coding (software issue rather than hardware)
Ive just been out there having a play, cleared the codes and it worked for all of 20 seconds then back on.

Ive now coded out the folding mirrors with carly and then cleared the codes and no eml, will find out in the morning when the wife does the school run if it stays off.

Was reluctant to code the frm as last time it bricked my ecu and cost me £250 to get it repaired, worked this time though.

Will report back, not too fussed on the folding with pock as i will be getting a new car this year and trying to explain to someone the eml is on because of a software fault for the heated mirrors actually working wont go down to well
      02-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
BimmerLad
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 2005 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Quote:
Have you got a my Carly?, try turning off the folding from key (even if you want that feature), and see if the codes dissapear, mine haven't come back.

If they do then that's two cars which have the same fault codes related to the folding option coding (software issue rather than hardware)
Ive just been out there having a play, cleared the codes and it worked for all of 20 seconds then back on.

Ive now coded out the folding mirrors with carly and then cleared the codes and no eml, will find out in the morning when the wife does the school run if it stays off.

Was reluctant to code the frm as last time it bricked my ecu and cost me £250 to get it repaired, worked this time though.

Will report back, not too fussed on the folding with pock as i will be getting a new car this year and trying to explain to someone the eml is on because of a software fault for the heated mirrors actually working wont go down to well
Are you manually folding the mirrors out with the engine on?

it's possible it could be low battery voltage so the folding and unfolding off battery alone might be triggering errors.

when you decode the auto folding it might be a coinsidence?

Previous Car:
BMW E46 MY2001 316ti Manual
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:09 PM   #20
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Folding the mirrors off the remote seems to be the issue, fold from the door card button and the fault codes dont appear.......

Last edited by Bmw330; 02-12-2019 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #21
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerLad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Quote:

Are you manually folding the mirrors out with the engine on?

it's possible it could be low battery voltage so the folding and unfolding off battery alone might be triggering errors.

when you decode the auto folding it might be a coinsidence?
Quote:
Folding the mirrors off the remote seems to be the issue, fold from the door card button and the fault codes dont appear.......
So i coded the folding mirrors not to work of the key fob and cleared the codes, again light styed of for all of a minute and then back on again, i also dont fold the mirrors with the bitton on the door so this is getting super annoying as to why its happening.

All parts of the mirrors work including the heated part, they both fold and all mirror glass moves, also passenger side dips in reverse.

I am getting a fault code that its low voltage popping up all the time now aswel, but thought this might be because im diagnosing/coding on carly with just the ignition on, to code yesterday i had to turn the engine on to enable coding as the voltage was low.
      02-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #22
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Slightly different issue to mine then, I’ve just checked mine and the fault code isn’t there (only comes back when coded to fold with remote
Appreciate 0