E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW Finance and paying off early

03-10-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
jazz5000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 + F13 M6

BMW Finance and paying off early

Hi Guys,

Looking at getting a pre approved BMW and they are offering a deal at the moment if you take out finance you will get an additional 2 year warranty.

If i were to go this route and pay the full finance amount off within 14 days would i still effectively have the extra 2 year warranty or would this get revoked.

Anyone done similiar before?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Wouldn't you get charged an early repayment fee?
When we took out a loan to buy my mrs car, the guy at the bank (Lloyds) said he could do the loan and there would be no early repayment fee but the interest rate would be higher than if we took the same loan out via the banks website, but if we decided to repay early then there would be a fee. However he also told us there was an easy way round it - pay off all of the loan and just leave one months payment remaining. The following month the payment goes out, the loan is cleared, but technically you haven't repaid early and you dont get charged. Simples!
I cant say whether it would work with your finance but it's got to be worth looking in to - Take the finance out, pay off all but one month and then let the final payment go out as normal a month later. Technically then you haven't broke any of the conditions so therefore you should still keep the extra 2 years warranty.
Let us know how you get on.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 02:11 AM   #3
jazz5000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 + F13 M6

Had to keep the finance a minimum of 10 months so ended up without the finance this time
Appreciate 0