E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > *Help* 325xi N52, Engine Idle Stutter/Misfire/Choking, and Acceleration Hesitation?

07-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
VinnyBay
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 325xi E90

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well, I'm currently experiencing some engine misfires/stuttering from my n52. I was wondering if you all might have an idea on what is causing these stutters?
i apologize ahead of time just in case this is an easy google search away (i'm new here so )

When the car is first started up and in park, idle doesn't seem like a problem, but when rpms settle, idle starts to jump a bit, and you can feel the engine shake. It's further worsen if AC is on, no matter how high or low, the shakes get more frequent and more harsh.

Ive been monitoring the short term fuel percentages and bank 2 has a significantly higher negative (-8%) value compared to bank 1 (-3%). When rev-ed up to 3K rpm, Bank 2 short term percentages are still in the negatives (-6%). Where as Bank 1 percentages are positive (3%)
The car running lean is also further confirmed my the car sounding like a diesel engine from the back half of the engine (bank 2).

I'm going to get a bunch of flack for it but, using a generic code scanner (veepeak obd2, and app: "car scanner", since Bimmercode said my 06 325xi was too old) a common code coming up for me is the P114D code. which is either O2 sensor going bad or N52 Running lean

Excuse the failing blower motor, Im getting around to fix it!!

Park / neutral usually has more fluctuations

So far i've cleaned out the Vanos solenoids, I've ran through a bottle of techion (stutters less prominent) , replaced all spark plugs with OEMs, clean up maf sensor, and gotten a oil change and filter from the dealership.
I've inspected all the coils and i don't think they are the problem, But cylinder 2 has a tear in its insulation and is a different brand than the rest. but it's working, and doesn't seem likes it's failing.

Thanks y'all for taking time out to read these paragraphs and offer feedback! i just didn't know where else to turn and i ran out of hope trying to fix it. As much as this thing stutters and squeaks at me, i'll still love my n52, Stay safe out there y'all!