E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Is Ryan Air doomed?

08-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Is Ryan Air doomed?

Hi all,

We found some incredibly cheap flights in October 2019 with Ryan Air just before Brexit.

I know they have some financial troubles and with Brexit looming what are the chances they will survive this year?

The reason I'm concerned is if we book the flights directly with Ryan Air - i do not receive an ATOL certificate, so potentially stranded if they go bust during our return leg.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 05:14 AM   #2
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

If you buy the flights with a credit card and they are between £100 - £30000 then you are protected by Section 75 of the credit card protection act.

You can claim the money back from the card provider. Look it up if you need the info on it
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Is Ryan Air doomed?

In this current situation I'd say its definitely a possibility - along with all the other airlines.

I live near Bristol airport and Cardiff airport is just over the water. Today I took my daughter for a walk in the country just to get us out of the house and knew we wouldn't come in to close contact with anyone.
Looking up at the sky it was really unusual to not see any vapour trails from aircraft. The sky was completely clear and in the couple of hours we were out we seen just two planes high up in the sky.
Appreciate 0