E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vibration fixed by using XDelete? Im confused...

08-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
woodex m.e.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Vibration fixed by using XDelete? Im confused...

Ok so I have been suffering from engine/transmission vibrations for the last year and a half. While driving in any gear and being between 2,400-3,200rpm this would occur. It would also occur while sitting still and revving the engine with the clutch in, or with the clutch out and the gear selector in neutral. I have a spec stage 3 plus clutch and single mass flywheel. I also have revshift 95 duro engine mounts, and twisted tuning transmission mount for xdrive cars.

So this whole time I was unable to nail down the vibrations because I did all the mods at once right after getting the car. There is of course more to the story as I bought the car in a broken state. The short story is, I just used XDelete on my car so I can use a 2 wheel dyno and magically 80% of my vibrations vanish immediately. WTF. I know the other 20% is from the mounts and clutch and such, but man, its a whole new world.

I am confused, so if anyone knows how this could happen I would love to hear it. I have had the transfer case off a couple times and didn't notice anything alarming, but i haven't had to fix anything on it yet so Im not familiar with the insides.

Opinions are welcome and I will try to debunk or confirm any theories with any information I have available.
Appreciate 0