E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 electric Rear Sunblind Install

06-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #23
hththt
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F02 N74, '10 E90 N54

So any word on this. I'm also trying to do this retrofit but it still doesn't work after the coding. All wires were checked and eveything was ok and properly wired per the retrofit instruction. I think I have 2JBBF so I don't need a new JBE. What am I missing here?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #24
ramez75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i xDrive GC (F06)

Yes i got it to work.....
I had to get a jbbf that came from a car that had the rear sunblind as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hththt View Post
So any word on this. I'm also trying to do this retrofit but it still doesn't work after the coding. All wires were checked and eveything was ok and properly wired per the retrofit instruction. I think I have 2JBBF so I don't need a new JBE. What am I missing here?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #25
hththt
Private
Rep

Could you do me a favor? Could you take a picture of your fuse box and let me know the coding option, please?

Was your a JBBF and you had to get a 2JBBF to make it work? Any extra fuse or relay you need to add?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #26
hththt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramez75 View Post
Yes i got it to work.....
I had to get a jbbf that came from a car that had the rear sunblind as an option.
Could you let me know the part number for your new JBE?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #27
diezzler
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Adding the $415 VO to the CAS and LMA is not enough. You can retrofit any option, but you have to do it the correct way. You have to add the VO to both CAS and LMA, which tells the "master list" that you have this option. But like any VO, there are modules that control that feature you added. In your case the jbbf. You then have to code/flash the jbbf so it works with this added option. In NCS you can do this either by using a default profile that does NOT use a .man file, or you can use the fsw psw man profile and flash a blank .man file. NCS will use your VO and flash the module to work with the options your car has.
This method applies to any retrofit. For instance, if you add a cic retrofit. You have to add the VO, then flash the cic computer itself to work with all your options.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #28
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just did the retrofit today and as above, button not working but blind does work with direct power.

Its all installed and coded (the vo is correct in both the cas and lfrm and I can see the option in istd-d.

I've re-flashed the jbbr with a blank MAN file using revtor's expert profile, but the switch still does not work, do I need a different profile? or do I need to "process" the whole car so all the modules get the updates?

Any help would be great appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #29
ramez75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i xDrive GC (F06)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just did the retrofit today and as above, button not working but blind does work with direct power.

Its all installed and coded (the vo is correct in both the cas and lfrm and I can see the option in istd-d.

I've re-flashed the jbbr with a blank MAN file using revtor's expert profile, but the switch still does not work, do I need a different profile? or do I need to "process" the whole car so all the modules get the updates?

Any help would be great appreciated.
When I did mine I needed a JBE that came from a car that had the sun blind option....once I swapped and coded. Everything worked...
Run your Vin on realoem.Com and see what JBE part numbers you have....
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #30
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramez75 View Post
When I did mine I needed a JBE that came from a car that had the sun blind option....once I swapped and coded. Everything worked...
Run your Vin on realoem.Com and see what JBE part numbers you have....
Thanks for the reply.

This is what it says...

01 Junction box for electronics 3 1 09/2007 03/2015 61359329800 ENDED
01 Junction box for electronics 3 1 09/2007 61359364819

Mine is from Mid 2010.

Getting the module is not really an option as the blind came from the USA, the blind is a pretty rare option here in the UK, so finding a jbe from here will be a stretch.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #31
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

I think the issue with a JBE transplant from a sunblind e90 is that the JBE should also have other factory JBE dependant options that your car has. So if you have adaptive hid xenon headlamps and navigation then the JBE must also come from a car that had those as options or those options cease to work

I did this electric sun blind retrofit on my previous e46 and e36 BMW 3 series and it was plug and play easy. The e90 electronics infrastructure is asking too much money, time, coding and luck for this so I just installed the manual draw rear shade retrofit on my e90.

The other reason I did not think the e90 electric sunblind was a viable retrofit is after a few years (5 to 10 years) the lubricant inside the motor for the shade dries up and the gears can wear out and give issues leaving you to either replace it or resorting to drawing up and down the shade manually as I've had to do on my previous retrofits.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

This is what it says...

01 Junction box for electronics 3 1 09/2007 03/2015 61359329800 ENDED
01 Junction box for electronics 3 1 09/2007 61359364819

Mine is from Mid 2010.

Getting the module is not really an option as the blind came from the USA, the blind is a pretty rare option here in the UK, so finding a jbe from here will be a stretch.

Last edited by delmarco; 03-27-2017 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #32
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the info Del.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I think the issue with a JBE transplant from a sunblind e90 is that the JBE should also have other factory JBE dependant options that your car has.
Indeed.

Quote:
So if you have adaptive hid xenon headlamps and navigation then the JBE must also come from a car that had those as options or those options cease to work

I did this electric sun blind retrofit on my previous e46 and e36 BMW 3 series and it was plug and play easy.
Agreed, I also did it on my e46 m3 and it was plug and play, very easy.

Quote:
The e90 electronics infrastructure is asking too much money, time, coding and luck for this so I just installed the manual draw rear shade retrofit on my e90.
Temporarily, I've bought an e46 (single) blind switch, which has 5 wires, gnd, power, back-light and the 2 for the motor, I'll rig this up until I find proper soloution, I may dismantle the e9x button panel and see if I can modify it to power the e46 switch...

Quote:
The other reason I did not think the e90 electric sunblind was a viable retrofit is after a few years (5 to 10 years) the lubricant inside the motor for the shade dries up and the gears can wear out and give issues leaving you to either replace it or resorting to drawing up and down the shade manually as I've had to do on my previous retrofits.
It stays up 99% of the time, so not that worried about that

Cheers bud.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #33
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, bought a new jjbr (an h4 unit, its supposed to have all the relays installed), installed and coded (blank man file to code the FO), then loaded my jbbr config (E89-JBBFE3R.C40), same version as the original one.

UIF info

The roller blind does not work still.

Error code INPA

Error code ISTA-D

I'm lead to beleive that the jbbr maybe needs the correct firmware to support the blind, if anyone can grab the UIF details so that I can flash the new jbbr with the correct version that would be great.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #34
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

The E90 really hates this retrofit!

Yeah I'm discussing this with another dude on an overseas forum and the BEST BET going into this retrofit...

1. FIND AN IDENTICAL CARS TO YOURS WITH ALL THE SAME OPTIONS as your car (navigation, etc...) in addition to having the electric roller blind option.

2. YOU NEED TO GUT that car of all the elements pertaining the roller blind. parts, wiring, switch panel and jbbr!

It has to be precise matching your car's options to that jbbr's options. If a decimal is out of place it will reject it. That is even before you code it to your car and hope that works.

OR

3. Your only other option to make this easy for you and what people end up doing is creating a roller blind circuit with an aftermarket switch that activates the roller blind while ONLY sapping 12 v power from the car.

That is the only other way that folks who give up end up completing this retrofit!

Good Luck Bro!

Your success is our success for thos who want to do this project one day in the future!

Quote:
Ok, bought a new jjbr (an h4 unit, its supposed to have all the relays installed), installed and coded (blank man file to code the FO), then loaded my jbbr config (E89-JBBFE3R.C40), same version as the original one.

UIF info

The roller blind does not work still.

I'm lead to beleive that the jbbr maybe needs the correct firmware to support the blind, if anyone can grab the UIF details so that I can flash the new jbbr with the correct version that would be great.

Any help would be really appreciated.
It seems like you are almost there bro!

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 04-07-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #35
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
apologies for thread jack but OP (ramez75) or anyone else for that matter, do you have any parts left over from the switch kit that I could buy off you?

part #61319123756
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 07:08 AM   #36
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The E90 really hates this retrofit!
So it seems. lol

Quote:
Yeah I'm discussing this with another dude on an overseas forum and the BEST BET going into this retrofit...

1. FIND AN IDENTICAL CARS TO YOURS WITH ALL THE SAME OPTIONS as your car (navigation, etc...) in addition to having the electric roller blind option.
Unlikely, the rear blind in the UK is a super rare item (kind of why i want it, lol).

Quote:
2. YOU NEED TO GUT that car of all the elements pertaining the roller blind. parts, wiring, switch panel and jbbr!

It has to be precise matching your car's options to that jbbr's options. If a decimal is out of place it will reject it. That is even before you code it to your car and hope that works.

OR

3. Your only other option to make this easy for you and what people end up doing is creating a roller blind circuit with an aftermarket switch that activates the roller blind while ONLY sapping 12 v power from the car.
I have a button from an e46 and I have wired a temp loom and bingo its works perfectly.

Quote:
That is the only other way that folks who give up end up completing this retrofit!

Good Luck Bro!

Your success is our success for thos who want to do this project one day in the future!

It seems like you are almost there bro!
I have tested all the wires, the jbbr has the correct firmware for the blind, the button panel (blind), can bee seen to be working in ista-d (the button status reflects the press on/off).

The error code is now gone as the wires are 100% spot on.

When I test using INPA, the button panel does not display the button press (not sure why as ista-d does).

Both IHK and jbbr are fully coded with the VO/FA so the have the blind installed.

Still not working, its very frustrating at the moment.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 09:24 AM   #37
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

The E46 was the reverse. Almost non-existent on USA models and every other E46 car in the UK and Europe had the rear sun blind.

In fact I got my E46 sunblind kit from Europe via eBay.

Quote:
So it seems. lol

Unlikely, the rear blind in the UK is a super rare item (kind of why i want it, lol).

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #38
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The E46 was the reverse. Almost non-existent on USA models and every other E46 car in the UK and Europe had the rear sun blind.
e46 blind is not all that common in the UK either, maybe 1 in 10000.

Quote:
In fact I got my E46 sunblind kit from Europe via eBay.
lol.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #39
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

All done. M version of the jbbr

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #40
Kerstboom
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 2007 325i

Hi John, do you recall if the unit was a HW: D5 model?

for example in this pic it shows HW: D2

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #41
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

I dont mate, mine was from 2010, but it was an L1 unit and it deffo did not work.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #42
Kerstboom
Netherlands
Rep

I understand John, what I meant was: could you please share the info of the JBE that did work in the end. what serial, what hardware version, what build date etc.

I currently have acquired the following parts:

Rear window shelf, prepared for electric sun shade (I understand you can also cut out the one you have in your car, but I found one with the correct color and without speaker covers, just one village from my village)

Electric sun shade (came from a e90 M3, I hope it fits my car? It does fit the rear window shelf of the e92, just checked)

Centre console switch centre with the correct layout (came from Sweden :-))

things I don't have yet:

Apparently I also need the cable which has to be routed from the back to the front of the car. does anybody have a part number for this please?

Also I will probably need a new JBE since I currently have a L1 S:61.35 9134483-01

And last but not least I don't know anything about coding, but that part comes later.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #43
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstboom View Post
I understand John, what I meant was: could you please share the info of the JBE that did work in the end. what serial, what hardware version, what build date etc.
Ah ok, sorry mate, here you go, its a pic of the actual module.

There are 2 types, blue plug first and blue plug 2nd, mine is the 1st type.

Quote:
I currently have acquired the following parts:

Rear window shelf, prepared for electric sun shade (I understand you can also cut out the one you have in your car, but I found one with the correct color and without speaker covers, just one village from my village)

Electric sun shade (came from a e90 M3, I hope it fits my car? It does fit the rear window shelf of the e92, just checked)
Wish I had known that!!! would have saved a bit of money...

Quote:
Centre console switch centre with the correct layout (came from Sweden :-))

things I don't have yet:

Apparently I also need the cable which has to be routed from the back to the front of the car. does anybody have a part number for this please?
I made mine, simple 2wire with plug and pins.

Wire to the correct pins on the back side (long bar) of the jbbr.

Quote:
Also I will probably need a new JBE since I currently have a L1 S:61.35 9134483-01

And last but not least I don't know anything about coding, but that part comes later.
Add option $415 to your VO/FA and then install your new jbbr, then code the module to your cars vo, it should default all your current settings and add the blind options (and select them).

You will also need to code the IHK as well as that what the button is plugged into.

Appreciate 1
      05-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #44
Kerstboom
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Ah ok, sorry mate, here you go, its a pic of the actual module.
You sir, are the greatest! Thanks for the picture and the explanation.

Quote:
There are 2 types, blue plug first and blue plug 2nd, mine is the 1st type.
It appears I have the second type, thanks for that too, I didn't know there was a difference.

Quote:
Wish I had known that!!! would have saved a bit of money...
I read about it in the instruction manual PDF found here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10848

Quote:
I made mine, simple 2wire with plug and pins.
Wire to the correct pins on the back side (long bar) of the jbbr.
Could you please be so kind to explain which cable (colour) needs to go where? On my roller shade there are 2 cables, one is blue (plugged in pin 3 of the purple connector), if this one is connected to the 12v+ and the other one to the 12v- the blind goes up, and a black one (plugged in socket 1 of the purple connector) . Do I need to connect the BLUE one to either pin 3 or pin 30?

In the installation manual is says "SRAUF" has to be connected to pin3. SRAUF is German for "Sonnenrollo Auf", which means "sunshade up". Would this mean my BLUE wire needs to be connected to pin3?

Quote:
Add option $415 to your VO/FA and then install your new jbbr, then code the module to your cars vo, it should default all your current settings and add the blind options (and select them).
Thanks, the coding part comes later.

Last edited by Kerstboom; 05-17-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0