E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > mObridge+sirius complete experience

07-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #23
mObridge
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
On the other hand, since it will be knocked off in China hours after the first one ships, maybe they should aim for the fat part of the curve from day one
Actually we'll never (never say never, right ;-) make MOST H/W in China. For one, too much risk for errant quality, but most of all too much risk of designs being stolen and knocked off (not to mention it violates some licensing agreements to have the manufacturing done in China on the MOST portions because of the IP risk).
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
mObridge
Rep

Quote:
So I have a question on the audio gateway (off topic, sue me : )

Since all audio to the MOST ring has been digitized, will the gateway have ALL audio - including analog sources such as AM/FM and AUX/iPod - on the Toslink SPDIF output?
That's correct - any source that gets output over MOST to the Amp, which is all of them, comes out on the Toslink SPDIF out.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
mObridge
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Could it be possible to change the output of the OEM HU/iDrive from digital to analog by just changing the Vehicle Order from Top HiFi to HiFi?

I would like to get one of your MOST preamp devices -if they don't turn into vaporware- but your suggested prices of $500 to $750 simply do not make any sense to me.
These aren't vaporware as test units are already in the field for the makes that are easier to support, i.e. Porsche and Mercedes. Because of the wider range of headunits, options and coding challenges in BMW, it was decided to roll out BMW support in the Preamp this fall after the easier applications had some chance to put "mileage" on the HW and SW.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
mObridge
Rep

Quote:
OK... but US mObridge importer guy, come over to that thread, k?
Will do, thanks. Sorry to 999er for the bit of threadjacking that's already occurred. Headed over there now.

Just to clarify though, we are mObridge, part of the same company group worldwide, not like some US or other market "importers" you see form and dissolve due to disputes/strifes etc. Anyhow enough on that, join you soon in the other thread I'm sure.
Appreciate 0