E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bimmerlabs 330i Tune DIY Step by Step

04-07-2021, 04:36 AM   #463
Hotter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i

So since I will be doing this mod, I ordered Bimmerlabs cable! I will test it and see if it can read modules which ebay cable was unable to. I doubt that it will be any better, but at least I supported Bimmerlabs!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:23 AM   #464
neilvan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
According to people who know things (Including the guys who run bimmerlabs), the tune for all x30i cars is identical.

The only changes are not in the software: Euro IAT/Euro Airbox in some and different intakes/exhausts. There's also the option that some cars were underrated/overrated for the power that they actually made
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #465
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

hey guys - just checking in because I've been busy and haven't been able to respond to the deluge of daily emails. I'm limiting the amount of custom tuning because I can realistically only do one at a time, and right now I'm working hard on a fine-tuned baseline for N52 swaps into other cars.

I haven't gone back and read all the pages of this thread in a while - has anyone had any problems with the newer Bimmergeeks cables? I've had some issues flashing with a few cables and I think it might be a firmware bug. I know the owner so I can communicate that to him if it's the case and get it fixed, but it's hard to tell if these are one-off problems or if it's more common. BTW, Bimmerlabs doesn't sell or profit off the cables at all - the "store" is just for your convenience.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #466
Tacklewasher
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
hey guys - just checking in because I've been busy and haven't been able to respond to the deluge of daily emails. I'm limiting the amount of custom tuning because I can realistically only do one at a time, and right now I'm working hard on a fine-tuned baseline for N52 swaps into other cars.

I haven't gone back and read all the pages of this thread in a while - has anyone had any problems with the newer Bimmergeeks cables? I've had some issues flashing with a few cables and I think it might be a firmware bug. I know the owner so I can communicate that to him if it's the case and get it fixed, but it's hard to tell if these are one-off problems or if it's more common. BTW, Bimmerlabs doesn't sell or profit off the cables at all - the "store" is just for your convenience.
They are sending me a replacement cable. The one I got seemed dead. Would not light up when plugged in. They had me try in other vehicles and the same result, so another one is coming.

Bit frustrating as I'm in Canada and it will take 2 1/2 weeks to get here, but happy they responded on Good Friday (holiday up here) and are replacing it hassle free.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #467
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

Just noticed E92William is banned. I looked through his post history and couldn't see any reason why. Shit like this is why I basically stopped posting here...
Appreciate 4
      04-07-2021, 03:58 PM   #468
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

Quote:
Just noticed E92William is banned. I looked through his post history and couldn't see any reason why. Shit like this is why I basically stopped posting here...
Yeah I noticed that too. Wtf?? He was so helpful here. It would be nice to know why so as to avoid my own banning.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:43 PM   #469
eurocarfan100
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2011

I keep getting this error when ever I try to flash my GM912 Transmission on my 328i 2009. This is the only stock file available. I am getting panic, the engine runs and start, but the transmission shift or work! I am using a K + DCAN cable. Should I change the settings on the cable? Is it a port issue? I was able to reflash the ENGINE/ECU with the 330i engine tune. It worked! The issue is the TCU!!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #470
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

That's a stock GM trans calibration. It's not a "tune". What cable do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 03:02 PM   #471
Hotter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i

Quote:
That's a stock GM trans calibration. It's not a "tune". What cable do you have?
So currently GM1912 330i tune is taken down correct? Do you know when it will be available?
Appreciate 0