E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Battery power module melted

06-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Rvo.bmw
WillWorkForCarParts
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i M-Sport aka my POS

Battery power module melted

So I'm just trying to figure out what caused this before I replace the parts just to have it happen again. So a few days ago (the car was running fine prior) I took the car out to grab some food & on my way back I stopped for gas, after I filled up I got back in & the car had power but it wouldn't start no crank nothing. So I popped the trunk to find that the BPM had over heated & melted. I rigged it up to start it up to see if there were any codes thrown & nothing. I don't know what to do here, if it was a freak accident or what.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
jericho_17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Do you have a OEM battery? have you changed and re programed it? do you have the correct battery? do you have a vent tube?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 09:11 PM   #3
Rvo.bmw
WillWorkForCarParts
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i M-Sport aka my POS

Yes it's an oem battery. It's been there since I bought the car last year so no changes have been made to it. It is the battery that's supposed to be in the car, yes. I didn't check the vent tube in the panic of it all but if it's been the same for the last 10 months shouldn't of something like this happened sooner? I've done multiple road trips ranging from 10-18 hours non stop & 10000 miles out on. I just don't get it
Appreciate 0