E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > JBBFE H1 to JBBFE III M conversion question! Servotronic retrofit

01-11-2023, 06:53 AM   #1
benysound
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530i e39 , Bmw 330d e90

JBBFE H1 to JBBFE III M conversion question! Servotronic retrofit

Hello! I have a problem with my e90 330xd!

I had a hidraulic steering rack and changed it with a servotronic one! I bought it with a JBE III M to make this retrofit! I wired the servotronic (2 wires to JBE) and install the JBE (I had JBE H1 before). The servotronic works perfect but the problem is that i can't connect my ISTA/NCS EXPERT to my car! I can't connect it anymore and I don't know why and where is the problem!

Is anyone here who can help me with a solution or what can I do to resolve this issue ?

Need to wire something to the ''new'' JBE ? Is compatible ? I saw that the 2 connectors from it, have diffrent positions! My old JBE H1 have blue connector in middle and the new JBE III M have blue connector on the left and black in the middle!

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 03:22 AM   #2
pmorg4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Touring LCI

I can't give you the exact answer, but the JBE is the gateway module that interfaces between different bus systems in the car, e.g. if you need to perform diagnostics on a module that sits on PT-CAN, the JBE will allow the diagnostics on D-CAN to interface with the PT-CAN module. So if there's an issue with wiring on the JBE it's quite likely that it could be the cause of your inability to communicate with modules over D-CAN (or K-CAN for older cars).

I guess you need to figure out the exact difference between the two modules and make the necessary wiring changes. Bear in mind that there can be differences in diagnostics protocols between different model years, which might also affect things if your replacement JBE came from a car produced in a different model year.
Appreciate 0