E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Can't install MHD custom tune with new phone!

01-25-2023, 11:32 PM   #1
Spoolsport
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 m Sport

Can't install MHD custom tune with new phone!

Hi guys

I've just purchased a new Google pixel 6 phone. I've installed MHD and for some odd reason I'm unable to select a custom tune file. I can see it in my downloads but it's faded and locked so I'm unable to select it🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ incredibly frustrating!

I've enabled developer mode on the phone and it still won't give me access.

Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 12:05 AM   #2
TSilver335i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolsport View Post
Hi guys

I've just purchased a new Google pixel 6 phone. I've installed MHD and for some odd reason I'm unable to select a custom tune file. I can see it in my downloads but it's faded and locked so I'm unable to select it��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️ incredibly frustrating!

Permissions allowed app to access storage? Other than that i got no idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 12:22 AM   #3
Spoolsport
Private
Rep

Tried that mate. Still no luck 😤😤😤
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 05:53 AM   #4
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Have you tried contacting MHD? The have a Facebook group, also a website, and email. I've heard they have great customer service...see if they can help you.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 09:07 AM   #5
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Hi guys

I've just purchased a new Google pixel 6 phone. I've installed MHD and for some odd reason I'm unable to select a custom tune file. I can see it in my downloads but it's faded and locked so I'm unable to select it��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️ incredibly frustrating!

Is your downloaded custom tune file is .bin or .mhd ?

Maybe it's grayed out cause your tune isn't in the correst file format? maybe in a zip or something ? I know sometimes .bin files triggers anti virus (like "dangerous extension") so people put them in a zip

Last edited by studio54; 01-26-2023 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 12:59 AM   #6
Spoolsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
Is your downloaded custom tune file is .bin or .mhd ?

Maybe it's grayed out cause your tune isn't in the correst file format? maybe in a zip or something ? I know sometimes .bin files triggers anti virus (like "dangerous extension") so people put them in a zip
Hi mate. I'm not sure. At the end of the file it says CSV. Is that correct?

Ive contacted MHD and they were not much help
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 01:47 AM   #7
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hi mate. I'm not sure. At the end of the file it says CSV. Is that correct?

Ive contacted MHD and they were not much help
Where your tuner did send your tune file ? by mail or something? Did he tell you to rename the file or not ?

Cause .CSV files are the format for logs (among other files, CSV comma separated value files) , not tunes. It should ending with .bin or .mhd.

What is the size of this file ? A N54 tune file (.bin or .mhd) should typically be around 2 MO (2048 KO) while log files are more frequently way smaller (depending on log duration).
      01-27-2023, 02:18 AM   #8
Spoolsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
Where your tuner did send your tune file ? by mail or something? Did he tell you to rename the file or not ?

Cause .CSV files are the format for logs (among other files, CSV comma separated value files) , not tunes. It should ending with .bin or .mhd.

What is the size of this file ? A N54 tune file (.bin or .mhd) should typically be around 2 MO (2048 KO) while log files are more frequently way smaller (depending on log duration).
Okay mate I've made some progress thanks to you!!😁

I've renamed the end of the file to .mhd and I am now able to select the file! However when I attempt to select the file to tune my car it gives me an error saying it's an invalid file type 🤦*♂️

On my previous phone I had zero issues!!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 02:31 AM   #9
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Okay mate I've made some progress thanks to you!!😁

I've renamed the end of the file to .mhd and I am now able to select the file! However when I attempt to select the file to tune my car it gives me an error saying it's an invalid file type 🤦*♂️

On my previous phone I had zero issues!!
.mhd is for tuners that use the MHD encryption to lock their tune (their customers can't open them in TunerPro)

.bin is basic tune file you can open with TunerPro

So it might depend on your tuner ? Did you try to rename it to .bin as well ?

But more importantly check the size of the file, cause it's more likely to be a log file than a tune since you said it was a CSV file.

Where did you download this file? Was it sent by your tuner by mail or something?
      01-27-2023, 08:49 PM   #10
Spoolsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
.mhd is for tuners that use the MHD encryption to lock their tune (their customers can't open them in TunerPro)

.bin is basic tune file you can open with TunerPro

So it might depend on your tuner ? Did you try to rename it to .bin as well ?

But more importantly check the size of the file, cause it's more likely to be a log file than a tune since you said it was a CSV file.

Where did you download this file? Was it sent by your tuner by mail or something?
I got it working!!!!! 🎉🎊

Thanks for you help brother! JSR my tuner sends his tunes via email. On my Old phone it was setup to convert files automatically. I downloaded outlook instead of Hotmail and I am now able to download his tunes without an issue!

Btw I have to mention. MHD! Your customer service is absolutely appalling! Not only are they rude but there was zero effort in actually helping me resolve this issue. Disgraceful.

But thanks for your help mate. I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 1
studio54201.00
      01-28-2023, 02:50 AM   #11
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I got it working!!!!! 🎉🎊

Thanks for you help brother! JSR my tuner sends his tunes via email. On my Old phone it was setup to convert files automatically. I downloaded outlook instead of Hotmail and I am now able to download his tunes without an issue!

Btw I have to mention. MHD! Your customer service is absolutely appalling! Not only are they rude but there was zero effort in actually helping me resolve this issue. Disgraceful.

But thanks for your help mate. I really appreciate it.
No problem mate, glad to help
Concerning MHD support, back in the days (like at the MHD beginning) it was MHD himself that was replying to support message so it was a great customer service. Probably that now, with the success, he had to delegate those tasks to people that sometimes won't be as helpful as him unfortunately.