E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Great Service or OVERKILL?

02-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #45
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinno View Post
What else does BMW do for its customers whilst waiting for their car services?
Mazda seems to provide magazines, tv, good coffee, a good car wash inside out, plus a hefty total bill
trivett has a coffee lounge - it's actually quite nice uhmm, they give you whatever drink (i have apple juice cos i go in about brekky time), and a danish... if you get bored, they either have a wireless network if you have a laptop with you (which i always do if i know i am going to hav to wait), or the have free computers for customers to use

uhmm, they have tv too...

there are some magazines floating around and papers i think too

if i have to wait too long, they give me a loan car free of charge (well, they did last time i asked anyway)
      02-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #46
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Sport Line

i always make sure i get a loan car
get coffees, cakes, juice, tv, lots of things haha
'09 E90 323i M-Sport | '08 MKV GTI | '02 MINI Cooper | '99 E46 318i Exec
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #47
vinno
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Non BMW

yes i can remember what HAPPENED last time you got a loan car chilli..
LOL-- why didn't i think of that
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #48
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep

haha yeah...u know every time i got a call that week i was so terrifed it was them hahahaha

they ended up sending ppl out to my house asking where i was! thought i'd stolen the damn thing

can't blame them really, i was only supposed to have it overnight and i gave it back a week later and with about 3000 more kms on it
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #49
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
lol, the loan car i had i had for overnight, got it with a full tank of fuel, and when i returned it, it probably needed new tyres and definately a fuel top up lol, they don't like loaning me cars anymore
      02-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #50
vinno
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

haha are you serious wils? omg ppl coming to ur house..
well isn't that the thing with loan/hire cars?
tell me who doesn't drive it like they stole it.. show of hands ppl..
ppl??? anyone???
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #51
ForEvaUrz
Rep
Drives: BMW

Overcharged?

Decided to get my windows tinted for my 320i, so ranged up Brisbane BMW for a quote. They originally quoted me $595.00 for 3M T-35. After stating to them that other places were doing it for $200-$300, they lowered the price to $490.00 with free car wash.

Am I being over charged?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #52
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForEvaUrz View Post
Decided to get my windows tinted for my 320i, so ranged up Brisbane BMW for a quote. They originally quoted me $595.00 for 3M T-35. After stating to them that other places were doing it for $200-$300, they lowered the price to $490.00 with free car wash.

Am I being over charged?
You've already answered your question.

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #53
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:

Am I being over charged?
hmmmm..........HELL YEAH
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #54
ForEvaUrz
Rep
Drives: BMW

All I am concerned with is the quality of work that other places provide. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying $100 more if the quality of service provided and the film that is used is of better quality. But is it?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 02:22 AM   #55
vinno
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I thought the ballpark figure for window tinting was about the $300-$380 mark.. whether or not u get the front windscreen tinted..
In retrospect I wouldve got my windscreen done..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #56
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Quote:
All I am concerned with is the quality of work that other places provide. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying $100 more if the quality of service provided and the film that is used is of better quality. But is it?
So you think the windows will be tinted by qualified BMW technician?
BMW don't make any film. And your dealer will just call the mobile tinting van to come to the workshop and do the job.

The advantage of getting it done at your dealer is...if there is any damage/scratches in the process, its your dealer's responsibility.

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #57
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep

bmw doncaster just gets the job done at tint-a-car down the road - when i got my car done there they had a heap of bmw's there and the guy told me they do all of them....
but the stealers still charge double what they do
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #58
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chilli View Post
bmw doncaster just gets the job done at tint-a-car down the road - when i got my car done there they had a heap of bmw's there and the guy told me they do all of them....
but the stealers still charge double what they do
I got the dealer to throw in tints for my car from donc bmw. BUT just like most E92's aroound the world (there's a thread in the main section) they can't get the top section of the rear window right because of those stupid dots that they have. The damn film wont stick to it and the area is huge (bigger than the E90's). It annoys me everytime I look at it. I still haven't complained yet. Maybe I should.
      02-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #59
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep

the MINI and every other bmw we've had recently has these dots - r u talking abt the little dots around the window?

try waiting a couple of days after u tint it and then go over the area with ur fingers a couple of times - at least then the film will kinda try to stick between the dots and it looks a little better
dun think can do anything abt that unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #60
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Am I being over charged?
i payed $300 direct from solartint with a lifetime warranty

Quote:
I thought the ballpark figure for window tinting was about the $300-$380 mark.. whether or not u get the front windscreen tinted..
In retrospect I wouldve got my windscreen done..
isn't that illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
I got the dealer to throw in tints for my car from donc bmw. BUT just like most E92's aroound the world (there's a thread in the main section) they can't get the top section of the rear window right because of those stupid dots that they have. The damn film wont stick to it and the area is huge (bigger than the E90's). It annoys me everytime I look at it. I still haven't complained yet. Maybe I should.
there is a very simple soloution - i got the dots scraped off the placed that had them by the solartint guy...

also, not sure if it the same for coupes, but for the vert, they could only tint about 60mm close to the edge of the window, otherwise it squeeks, lol
      02-24-2007, 11:11 PM   #61
vinno
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
isn't that illegal?
Yeh it's illegal I think.. but so is driving with ur fog lights on non foggy days.. getting darker than legal tint.. speeding etc etc..
I reckon it looks better, and I've seen plenty of people that have done it..
But if u dun wanna risk it, dun do it
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #62
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeh it's illegal I think.. but so is driving with ur fog lights on non foggy days.. getting darker than legal tint.. speeding etc etc..
I reckon it looks better, and I've seen plenty of people that have done it..
But if u dun wanna risk it, dun do it
i would look stupid with it anyway my side windows are tinted, but i RARELY have them up if i have the roof down, cos it looks gay - only put them up if the people in the back complain

oh, is foglights when it is raining illegal? i use my foglights for "extra safety" so other drivers can see me better in the rain... last night, i wasn't the only one that used the rear foglight... the rain was so heavy everyone was doing around 30km's/h... couldn't see a thing, and i turned mine on after i saw another car with it, and realised in conditions like that how much easier it was to see the car then without it on

oh, and as if you don't speed!
      02-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #63
vinno
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

yeh foglights are illegal on non-foggy days.. sure if its raining and there's a bit of rain kicked up off the ground, u have half an argument.
But if u get a cop who's just having a bad day, he will prolly book you for it
However I believe it's legal to use your fogs if u got ur parkers on only (but illegal with low beams). Hence to play it safe u can do it that way.. but for cruises and plain showin off- go the full distance! haha.. ur choice
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #64
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
that's F***ED... rain is low visibility - fogs increase your safety!! try me pig!
      02-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #65
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

This is my experience with service on a new 335i coupe at major BMW dealership.
They broke the front driver window putting tinted film on which delayed delivery as they had to order a new window in
Had sunroof problems since Christmas (Car was delivered in November) so I had a vacation on the Sunshine Coast with no sunroof. (Anti Trap function failed)
I have had to take the car in to have the sunroof reset twice, the second time they said it needed a new part so did they order it…no!
When I took it in to have the iPod interface fitted they said due to the sunroof problem they would need to order a spare part for the sunroof before being able to do that (After they had the car for half a day)…something to do with the computer.
When I asked them why they are only ordering the part now, they said they did not know about it, then they said they would have needed the car for half a day for testing (Which I had offered when I was there) they simply just reset it.

So the news now is they have to order the part…15 days to get it from Germany.

It took me having to talk to the salesman who sold me the car (He is very good) to get any action from the service department.

The best part is I called customer relations at BMW Australia 3 times, 3 times they have said customer relations are not available and will call me back….still waiting…I guess I know where the dealership service dept. gets it responsiveness from.
This is my 3rd BMW and second from this dealership…maybe if they spent less on the coffee and more on the people one would get the service expected when you but a $130K car.

Probably my last Beemer.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #66
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
sucks to hear about your bad experiance Cadillac may i ask which dealer?