E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Owners- General issues chat

03-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #89
TRMFAM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Garage List
Tara, thank you so much for starting this...I have already read through it several times. Also, kudos on the videos on TaraTV! Being a father to 3 girls I love seeing young ladies working on their cars! Truly great stuff!

My question may be silly and covered a hundred times already but what is up with interior lights? I am interested in LED lights but all the parts are for E90 or E92 only...do E93 cars not have interior lights? Same with LED side turn signals (front)?

Also, warning, bonehead question...how do I know if I have "LCI" tail lights? 2011 335is that will arrive Saturday! Interested in LED reverse lights...thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #90
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMFAM View Post
Tara, thank you so much for starting this...I have already read through it several times. Also, kudos on the videos on TaraTV! Being a father to 3 girls I love seeing young ladies working on their cars! Truly great stuff!

My question may be silly and covered a hundred times already but what is up with interior lights? I am interested in LED lights but all the parts are for E90 or E92 only...do E93 cars not have interior lights? Same with LED side turn signals (front)?

Also, warning, bonehead question...how do I know if I have "LCI" tail lights? 2011 335is that will arrive Saturday! Interested in LED reverse lights...thanks!
I just did my interior lights to leds. e92-lighting.com. High performance bulbs has them as well with great reviews. Just a heads up, us e93 guys are missing the overhead lights in the back so not as bright but definitely a huge improvement from stock. And yes, yours is LCI. I think LCI are 2010 and up? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #91
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Hey TRMFAM, welcome to the club! Looking forward to your pics!
(Sorry, off-topic, but saw in your intro thread that you’re a gun superfreak, so just wanna tell you to check out my latest video I just posted!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
So had the weirdest dream the other night. I was driving with a buddy on the highway and then he decides to pull the roof switch. The roof started to open and I couldn't get it to stop. A gush of wind ripped off my roof. I woke up sweating. Hope that's not a sign. Definitely one of my worst nightmares. lol
This is hilarious! I haven't had this nightmare yet, but I'm sure it'll happen soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #92
TRMFAM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Garage List
[QUOTE=bimmette;15678365]Hey TRMFAM, welcome to the club! Looking forward to your pics!
(Sorry, off-topic, but saw in your intro thread that you’re a gun superfreak, so just wanna tell you to check out my latest video I just posted!)QUOTE]

I love it! All of my girls shoot pretty much on a quarterly basis at least 2 mags and they have to do the reload...but, the two oldest pretty much roll their eyes and get it over with. Just a requirement living in my house and they treat it like a chore.

Yougest, 9 yr old, is my sole hope for carrying on the Superfreak title. She loves it and bugs me to go to the range. She actually helps me reload as well. And of course, she has 2 of her very own sized guns as a result of her interest! LOL! Also, she may be smarter at playing me then the 17 and 15 year olds!

I would have handled your instruction a little bit different...remember, your finger is the #1 safety on any weapon system. Always keep your finger out of the trigger well until you are ready to fire. The Glock actually has 3 safeties...there are 2 internal and 1 external (little lever in middle of trigger). They are nice, I have several...before you buy anything though, go to a store and hold them all and see what "fits" you best. Glock has a specific angle of grip to slide and is unique...well, not really anymore as the patent has expired and there are a lot of knock-offs now.

My current comp gun is a S&W M&P Pro with an Apex trigger...but I have Glocks, XDM and HK comp guns too depending on the class I am shooting in.

Last bit of encouragement, take that left hand and run your thumb down the left side of the slide instead of wrapping around the back...will help your recoil management tremendously and the skin you save from the slide operation might be your own!

You are fearless! Keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #93
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
My problem is too many people look at me when im driving with the top down. It's California, never seen a convertible before?!
      03-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #94
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Hahahah Mac, I'm not spending that kind of money on a lip!!!
Ok how about I put it a different way...it's like the difference between getting Safeway lipstick or MAC (not me, the cosmetic MAC) which one would you go for?

hehe
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #95
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cialz View Post
I like my wind deflector because it quiets down the car from the wind noise. I don't care about the wind other than the noise factor
Great point. So far everyone likes their wind deflectors
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #96
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC
Quote:
Hahahah Mac, I'm not spending that kind of money on a lip!!!
Ok how about I put it a different way...it's like the difference between getting Safeway lipstick or MAC (not me, the cosmetic MAC) which one would you go for?

hehe
I have both! Haha! And actually I prefer the cheaper lipstick over my MAC!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #97
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93FTW View Post
Thx bud! Clearing that one up for me!
If you ever have guests and it's inside, you can always fold it in half and out it in the trunk I wish I had the carrying case but the guy I purchased mine from could t find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #98
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have both! Haha! And actually I prefer the cheaper lipstick over my MAC!
Lol Urban Decay?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #99
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
My problem is too many people look at me when im driving with the top down. It's California, never seen a convertible before?!
I feel SOOOO sorry for you lol
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #100
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC View Post
Chill out man. Why the F are you saying why the F? haha. Relax. If we want wind deflectors let us have em. If you don't want one or don't need one, then don't get one. PLus have you thought about this? Some of us may want our windows down completely while driving on the highway!!! GASP! Shocker!
So let me understand... You bought a convertible so you can have the "wind in your hair", yet you don't want to have the wind in your hair, hence the wind deflector?

Just teasing a bit, but it does still strike me as a bit funny, this whole juxtaposition.

I get it with girls, and their long hair / perfectly done up do's, but guys?

I find with the windows up on the highway, it's a perfect balance of wind for me. I put them down, it's too much wind. Seems counter-intuitive to put them down, only to have to fork over $400 to buy a wind deflector then. Just leave the windows up in the first place.

Quote:
* Comfort access Trunk open with Remote

You get all this with the smart top module.
I forgot to mention that too in my post above. It's very cool, and noone understands it until they see it in action. Basically, you get your retracted hard top to pop open half way, so you can open your trunk, pull up the trunk guard thing inside so you can stuff things under it, then put it back, close your trunk, and then have the top fold back.

Otherwise, you're stuck trying to stuff things under the 12 inches of opening under the trunk guard, since you can't move that thing with the top retracted.

SUPER cool!

You're teasing the rest of us for a decision that we made (that we are all fine with btw, no one here is complaining about their wind deflector) just because you don't agree with us or "get" why we spent so much money on it?

There's nothing to get my friend. We purchased it for us. Not to justify why we spent the money to you. You can be fine smacking your head against the wall contemplating it. But 1) You don't have one and 2) We are fine with our purchase. Now you can keep beating a dead horse, but it won't change our view on it or prove a point. Because we aren't buying it to justify our purchase to you.

We are buying it and using it for ourselves no one is giving you shit for driving on the highway with your windows up. So why are you judging people who want to drive with the windows down?

Make sense? To each their own brother. To each their own...

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #101
Tashii_CakezZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i 'vert <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
It's mentioned actually in one of the links I posted earlier in this very thread...

As well as when I posted about it a few years ago:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
I have that on the drivers side. Its a coding thing. I have had it fixed twice but it still happens.
Quote:
Yup I had that. It was basically an adjustment thing the dealer did. They explained to me that it's a sensor that stops the roof coming down on the window if it's already rolled up. Even though the roof has locked in place the sensor thinks it hasn't and the window will roll back down.

Dealer fixed it for me. Although the explanation makes sense. But somehow I don't think that's what's happening. But they fixed mine so I'm not complaining

Thanks everyone :-)

I'll search for the write up and who knows maybe I'll fix it. If not it's ok because it's not something i'm terribly concerned with but it's good to know I'm not the only one.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #102
dmaverik9
08 335i E93 |Monaco Blue|6 Speed|Sport|Premium|CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E93

Just out of curiosity, Have any of you taken your E93 335 to the drag strip? If so, what were your times?
      04-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #103
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaverik9 View Post
Just out of curiosity, Have any of you taken your E93 335 to the drag strip? If so, what were your times?
I've actually been wondering this too since ours is heavier. I'd be curious on stock times as well as with mods.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #104
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

has anyone been in the receiving end of a rear ending accident?

anything to make sure and go over throughly so that it's structurally okay, besides the top mechanism?

only apparent damage that can be SEEN is just a punctured/misaligned bumper, pushed down muffler/tips and scuffed diffuser.

thank you or any input.
      04-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #105
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX
Quote:

I just did my interior lights to leds. e92-lighting.com. High performance bulbs has them as well with great reviews. Just a heads up, us e93 guys are missing the overhead lights in the back so not as bright but definitely a huge improvement from stock. And yes, yours is LCI. I think LCI are 2010 and up? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, and we can't seem to find a panel LED that doesn't go out after 30 seconds...

If anyone has had success, I'd love to hear from you!

I have a peanut bulb that is like 1000k to pale white for the rest of the 6000k set, but I just can't be bothered to swap it out right now...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #106
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaverik9
Not recommended- with the extra 420 pounds on our cars, most drags would be a disaster. But then, when you get a vert, you're not going for a drag queen
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #107
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Oh, and we can't seem to find a panel LED that doesn't go out after 30 seconds...

I have a peanut bulb that is like 1000k to pale white for the rest of the 6000k set, but I just can't be bothered to swap it out right now...
I received my e93 interior kit from HPB 2 years ago. The whole car lights up bright at night! Even the rear with how bright the front is as well as the rear sides. Not one light has gone out since the install. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #108
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not recommended- with the extra 420 pounds on our cars, most drags would be a disaster. But then, when you get a vert, you're not going for a drag queen
^ LMaO! What he said
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #109
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC
Quote:

I received my e93 interior kit from HPB 2 years ago. The whole car lights up bright at night! Even the rear with how bright the front is as well as the rear sides. Not one light has gone out since the install. Highly recommended.
That's the dome that goes out for me Mac... Maybe it's just the hi powered kit? I might try to snap up just one regular dome panel from HPB if that's even possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #110
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
has anyone been in the receiving end of a rear ending accident?

anything to make sure and go over throughly so that it's structurally okay, besides the top mechanism?

only apparent damage that can be SEEN is just a punctured/misaligned bumper, pushed down muffler/tips and scuffed diffuser.

thank you or any input.
Well most rear end on e93 have mainly totaled the car because of the top. If you know a BMW service guy that can check it, that should be good. It may not have issues right away either. A buddy of mine got rear ended and everything seemed to be fine but a month later his top got stuck. Although one cannot prove it was the rear end collision but chances are it might be. They found some broken piece that stopped the top after. I would def get a second opinion. If BMW tell the insurance company something is broken or wrong they will most likely listen to them rather than the policy holder.

My dad was in Autobody for 40 years I picked up quite a bit of good info

Make sure you're not stuck :-/
Appreciate 0