E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PTF 335is Lines Up with an E90 Flashed by Vishnu's OFT

08-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #23
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
OP beat a Procede DCT car with more bolt ons than him. I think that competition is fair.
So a custom tuned e50 flashed map vs a off the shelf 93 piggy map is fair? Interesting..

If that's the case, when will our 'fair' duel come about?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #24
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Ah, ok. Misread that. Then yes, it's like LeBron dunking on a midget.
Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #25
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
... and just pick your competition wisely
OP beat a Procede DCT car with more bolt ons than him. I think that competition is fair.
Link?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #26
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9
Quote:
So a custom tuned e50 flashed map vs a off the shelf 93 piggy map is fair? Interesting..

+1

This whole thread is full of apples to oranges comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycorp View Post
+1

Yeah it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #28
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Link?
Its was posted on the first page

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...11&postcount=9
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #29
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
Yeah it is.
whatever, maybe OP's proud of besting a stage 1 car
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
was the procede running any custom tuning, or just Off-The-Shelf maps too?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #31
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
whatever, maybe OP's proud of besting a stage 1 car
In OP's defense, he posts a lot of data whether good or bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #32
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
In OP's defense, he posts a lot of data whether good or bad.
cool
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post

Quote:

+1

The OP was never intended negatively in any way to bash, hinder, demeanor the car and tuner in the OP. If you guys took it that way, then tuff. It was pure accidental and coincidental I ran into that car.

Now as for the 40 roll race between the PROcede FULLY FBO 335is and my PTF 335is it was already explained during those runs I was running 5-7 degree timing due to the heat soak.

What does this mean ? It means I was running the equivalent to a Cobb OTS Stage 2+ 93 octane aggressive map vs the PROcede 335is 93 OTS map

To make it even more interesting, I am sure TurboSid wouldn't mind, I can flash back to Cobb Stage 2+ aggressive map and run him again, and I'm 199% sure I will pull on him. I pulled on him with my previous RENNtech tune which was optimized for 93 octane but was running E30 to reduce timing pulls due to high IAT's in our Florida weather

Everybody should know by now piggybacks have a higher tolerance to timing pulls due to IAT's over a flash only tune

Shiv has a perfect candidate car down here, TurboSid I am sure requested Shivs assistance many times. I am pleading for Shiv to reach out to TurboSid, I can guaranty he will give results. Shiv has a perfect candidate available I think he should use him, and I am willing to even put my credit card in Shivs hands to guaranty TurboSid will not just run off with his OFT without producing results.

Lots of cars of various tunes to benchmark against.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #34
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
was the procede running any custom tuning, or just Off-The-Shelf maps too?
See my previous post above
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #35
zeel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i

Garage List
Nice job Buraq!
      08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #36
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
not fair by any means, what did the OTS car run?
08 E92 335i FBO 6MT 427 whp space grey
05 E46 M3 red
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The OP was never intended negatively in any way to bash, hinder, demeanor the car and tuner in the OP. If you guys took it that way, then tuff. It was pure accidental and coincidental I ran into that car.

Now as for the 40 roll race between the PROcede FULLY FBO 335is and my PTF 335is it was already explained during those runs I was running 5-7 degree timing due to the heat soak.

What does this mean ? It means I was running the equivalent to a Cobb OTS Stage 2+ 93 octane aggressive map vs the PROcede 335is 93 OTS map

To make it even more interesting, I am sure TurboSid wouldn't mind, I can flash back to Cobb Stage 2+ aggressive map and run him again, and I'm 199% sure I will pull on him. I pulled on him with my previous RENNtech tune which was optimized for 93 octane but was running E30 to reduce timing pulls due to high IAT's in our Florida weather

Everybody should know by now piggybacks have a higher tolerance to timing pulls due to IAT's over a flash only tune

Shiv has a perfect candidate car down here, TurboSid I am sure requested Shivs assistance many times. I am pleading for Shiv to reach out to TurboSid, I can guaranty he will give results. Shiv has a perfect candidate available I think he should use him, and I am willing to even put my credit card in Shivs hands to guaranty TurboSid will not just run off with his OFT without producing results.

you have some kind of agenda posting this thread, that's all my responses were about.

it makes a lot more sense now
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #38
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
not fair by any means, what did the OTS car run?
stage I IIRC
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #39
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:

piggybacks do not have any sort of advantage over a flash tune for timing pulls. the IAT comp table is not impacted.

your friend running JB4 with open source flash had nasty timing pulls as you did. perhaps it just looks worse on your end because of the graph scaling. if you squish your graph it wouldn't look all that bad either.

but I am being very serious ... INVEST IN A METH KIT.
      08-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
you have some kind of agenda posting this thread, that's all my responses were about.

it makes a lot more sense now

fwiw, you could take one of Shivs maps, make some common-sense changes to top end load, WGDC base, timing, fuel, scalar etc and have at it. heck if someones up for testing ill try my hand at making a map for the guy.
      08-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #41
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
+1

You guys make zero sense here. Is this not what people want to see true real data of cars on different stages? Real live footage to see the difference and what is achievable as you mod your car? And how different tunes run against one another.

Brauq I am FBO JB4 G5 with the Cobb backend flash and I would love to run others like you are doing for comparison note taking ideas you name it.

I was Cobb PTF tuned ran well with it made it into the high 11's with the tune but to many gremlins and codes periodically on it. Jake was more than up to the task and he continually tried to iron out my problems on the tune I just grew impatient and tried a switch to JB4 for the back end flash it has worked well for me no more random 30FF codes in higher gears 4-6th a studder I had between 3k-4k is gone also.

But what worked for me may not work for you, but the only reason I tried JB4 was from running a local buddy where I am at and he was able to pull high 11's on JB4 dci's and dps oh E85 of course so nice to see real time info is all I am saying and Brauq is giving you it.

Keep the vids coming Brauq your car is running strong.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #42
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
stage I IIRC
thx but what time did he run?
08 E92 335i FBO 6MT 427 whp space grey
05 E46 M3 red
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
zeel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltalima0 View Post
You guys make zero sense here. Is this not what people want to see true real data of cars on different stages? Real live footage to see the difference and what is achievable as you mod your car? And how different tunes run against one another.

Brauq I am FBO JB4 G5 with the Cobb backend flash and I would love to run others like you are doing for comparison note taking ideas you name it.

I was Cobb PTF tuned ran well with it made it into the high 11's with the tune but to many gremlins and codes periodically on it. Jake was more than up to the task and he continually tried to iron out my problems on the tune I just grew impatient and tried a switch to JB4 for the back end flash it has worked well for me no more random 30FF codes in higher gears 4-6th a studder I had between 3k-4k is gone also.

But what worked for me may not work for you, but the only reason I tried JB4 was from running a local buddy where I am at and he was able to pull high 11's on JB4 dci's and dps oh E85 of course so nice to see real time info is all I am saying and Brauq is giving you it.

Keep the vids coming Brauq your car is running strong.
+1 to this^...Its going to be very hard to find two cars that are exactly the same to please everyone. Just take this for what it is and enjoy.
      08-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #44
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
piggybacks do not have any sort of advantage over a flash tune for timing pulls. the IAT comp table is not impacted.

your friend running JB4 with open source flash had nasty timing pulls as you did. perhaps it just looks worse on your end because of the graph scaling. if you squish your graph it wouldn't look all that bad either.

but I am being very serious ... INVEST IN A METH KIT.
A car running a flash only tune when the IAT's gets too hot the DME will start to pull timing based on its IAT comp tables

For a piggyback, the DME never sees true boost, so when IAT's get out of control it has more "tolerance" for pulling timing. It will pull less timing as opposed to a flash only tune
Appreciate 0