E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2013

05-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Check this schedule.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51040773/
      05-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #46
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
awesome race, some great passes from Perez, some not so great lol and Sutil, where did he come from
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Great day to be a Vettel fan (Or a German one for that matter). Boring 'save the tire' race until first safety car. Exactly the moment Hamilton made a stupid error which landed him in 4th. Oh well
Kimi made 10th to keep his steak alive - awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #48
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner1751 View Post
When I started to view the recording, I saw Rosberg being congratulated for the win, then the highlights of the race
At first, I thought that it was a celebration for his pole position, then realized that the race was over
Exact same thing happened to me. The race itself was 2 hours and 20 minutes, so everything after got shifted.

If it had been normal length, our recordings wouldn't have shown the actual race celebrations and I would have been happy watching it at the 10:30am ET slot. (I can easily avoid spoiler results and watch most races time delayed).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #49
johanness
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Mercedes testing Pirelli tires in secret for three days (and being vague about it afterwards) is total BS.

I hope Brawn and Co get the book thrown at them.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #50
bxdw
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92, F30 335i Sport

They definitely dropped the ball on scheduling. Had DVR going but ended up seeing the results of the race before I had a chance to watch it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #51
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Exact same thing happened to me. The race itself was 2 hours and 20 minutes, so everything after got shifted.

If it had been normal length, our recordings wouldn't have shown the actual race celebrations and I would have been happy watching it at the 10:30am ET slot. (I can easily avoid spoiler results and watch most races time delayed).
+1

VET P2
WEB P3
ALO P7
RAI P10
GRO DNF
MAS DNF

i can take this all day alllllll day ha ha ha
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Mercedes testing Pirelli tires in secret for three days (and being vague about it afterwards) is total BS.

I hope Brawn and Co get the book thrown at them.
sounds like there's some grey area.
and given its involving Ross Brawn, he found some loophole for the testing. Perhaps like Pirelli hosting the test with Merc lending the cars and drivers? we'll see.

Quote:
Great day to be a Vettel fan (Or a German one for that matter). Boring 'save the tire' race until first safety car. Exactly the moment Hamilton made a stupid error which landed him in 4th. Oh well
Kimi made 10th to keep his steak alive - awesome
Perez ruined Kimi's race. Some great overtaking but the hot head needs some mental control on the aggressiveness. If you going to make a move, make it stick.

Checo got some good instinct, once he gain more experience and maturity. He will know when to make the move, and when to hold off a bit and only take calculated risk.
      05-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #53
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
sounds like there's some grey area.
and given its involving Ross Brawn, he found some loophole for the testing. Perhaps like Pirelli hosting the test with Merc lending the cars and drivers? we'll see.
from planetf1.com if this is the FIA statement, i think the F1 gods will strike down on AMG and Brawn with great vengeance

"At the beginning of May, the FIA was asked by Pirelli if it was possible for it to carry out some tyre development testing with a team, using a current car. Within the contract Pirelli has with the FIA as a single supplier, there is provision for them to carry out up to 100km of testing with any team - provided every team is offered the opportunity to do so.

'Pirelli and Mercedes-AMG were advised by the FIA that such a development test could be possible if carried out by Pirelli, as opposed to the team that would provide the car and driver, and that such tests would be conditional upon every team being given the same opportunity to test in order to ensure full sporting equity.

'Following this communication, the FIA received no further information about a possible test from Pirelli or from Mercedes-AMG. Furthermore, the FIA received no confirmation that all teams had been given an opportunity to take part in this test.

'In addition, with regard to the application of the sport's rules, including principles of sporting equity, it should be remembered that the International Sporting Code provides that on the basis of a report of the stewards of the meeting, or on its own initiative, the prosecuting body of the FIA may bring a matter before the International Tribunal.

'The Tribunal may decide to inflict penalties that would supercede any penalty the stewards of the meeting may have issued. Such procedure would be followed in pursuance of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules"
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #54
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Great work from Nico, flawless all weekend
      05-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #55
johanness
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
If you going to make a move, make it stick.
He did. Twice actually on Alonso & Button. Kimi just never gave him the room the others did.

And there's no 'grey area' when a team undergoes secret Pirelli tests and doesn't tell anyone else about it. We'll see how that turns out.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #56
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He did. Twice actually on Alonso & Button. Kimi just never gave him the room the others did.

And there's no 'grey area' when a team undergoes secret Pirelli tests and doesn't tell anyone else about it. We'll see how that turns out.
Not exactly clean move. They had dodge and avoid an accident.
His move was more like myself playing PS3. Dive into the impossible "apex" and hoping the other one saw him and give away. Which Button did, Alonso had to jump out of the way, and if Kimi did give room, both cars would cut the chicane with the speed and angle Checo approach the corner with front wheel lock up already.

But who am I really? just another armchair expert.
and we still praise senna for fantastic overtake moves...

About the pirelli test, it sounds quite shady IMO. Pirelli kind of told FIA briefly and informally about tyre testing. Then they just went ahead without much CYA (Cover Your Ass) and formal notifications. We'll see, this is going to be interesting.

And *IF* Merc found guilty of breaching the sporting regulation, I wonder what would be the penalty.

Last edited by E90SLAM; 05-26-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #57
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Great stuff from Rosburger, good to see him win after what happened in Malaysia.

Good to see Webbo up there too
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #58
AlienDNA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i LeMans Blue

Monaco's time has passed

At the risk of getting flamed, I say it's time to take Monaco off the calendar. It is an irrelevant 'race' with modern F1 cars. At least in the '80s and '90s cars still blew up with enough regularity that there was some interest. Now the cars are so reliable that it's just one big parade.

Unless you're in or near Grosjean's Lotus, of course...

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #59
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienDNA View Post
At the risk of getting flamed, I say it's time to take Monaco off the calendar. It is an irrelevant 'race' with modern F1 cars. At least in the '80s and '90s cars still blew up with enough regularity that there was some interest. Now the cars are so reliable that it's just one big parade.

Its boring.
      05-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #60
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Sutil's passes was much cleaner than of Perez.

I don't feel that forcing a driver into the chicane is considered a clean move.
      05-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #61
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Now the cars are so reliable that it's just one big parade.
I think the current engine/transmission regs have made a lot of the races more boring. Part of what made F1 so much fun to watch in previous years was not knowing if JPMs fire breathing V10 was going to make it one more lap without exploding into bits of BMW shrapnel.

If they're smart they'll ditch the 'use the same engine for X races' rule with the new turbo V6s. I suspect by 2020 F1 will be using 1 liter 4 cylinder turbos - maybe a BMW return then?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #62
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang Vann View Post
Great stuff from Rosburger, good to see him win after what happened in Malaysia.

Good to see Webbo up there too
I like that...."Rosburger"

New on the menu from your local Burger King !
      05-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #63
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
My DVR totally fucked this race up for me as well by starting to record during the champage. I was so fucking annoyed but I watched the encore anyway. The qualifying was fantastic but the race was just "eh" but that's not really what Monaco is all about. It's GREAT PR for the sport so eliminating it would be detrimental, IMO.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #64
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
My DVR totally fucked this race up for me as well by starting to record during the champage. I was so fucking annoyed but I watched the encore anyway. The qualifying was fantastic but the race was just "eh" but that's not really what Monaco is all about. It's GREAT PR for the sport so eliminating it would be detrimental, IMO.
Q3 was awesome.
The reason to keep Monaco was all about PR, historical race, and the investments on F1 loves the glitz and glamour in Monte Carlo.

$$$ decides where the races will be.
      05-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #65
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

You'd get no complaints from me. The only time it's interesting nowadays is if it starts raining. Oh and qualifying is also pretty intense, much more so than the race itself IMO.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #66
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

seriously

seriously, the argument is always the same, and they comply to keep TV viewing figures up, but if you want to never know who's going to win, go watch NASCAR.
F1 has always been at least 50% about making the best car, and we wouldn't be where we are if some of the older teams had given up, blamed other people and the rules, and not tried harder the following year.
Monaco is about the fastest cars in the world driving round an impossible twisty circuit (though originally it was just a reckless idea). Bike in the living room like Senna said. It's not about passing.
That said, this tyre conservation (drivers completing a GP without ever having a pedal-to-the-metal stint) is getting a little out of hand. Long gone is "Michael, we need 20 qualifying laps..."
But yet again, you wanted more uncertainty, so now live with it.
Appreciate 0