E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lockman's E93 Matte Blue Metallic Build | Boot Build Complete!

11-29-2015, 01:19 PM   #23
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
i'm liking the progress of this earl... thank you for the mention lol

unluck with the hit and run btw, sometime people just won't let you have nice things maybe upgrade to an m-sport?

also do you like the look of the aero lip you can put onto the SE bumper? that with a matte wrap would look special
Thanks mate. Very nearly didn't do a build thread, but just remembered the fun I had doing it for my e46.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. getting msport rear bumper with a diffuser.

originally I was looking online for somewhere to get the aerolip but I was struggling to find it. but since I now need a new rear bumper I'm thinking of going for a full msport bodykit. I managed to find a company that do next day delivery for a full msport bodykit and I put an order in with them over the weekend but haven't got confirmation if they have the stock in.

If they haven't got any of the parts it will be a pain as I will need to get the rear bumper from the stealership as the wrapper needs it by Wednesday evening the latest.

Hopefully they have the msport bodykit in stock. If not then I think I will defo go aero lip plus msport rear. Would you wrap the aerolip same colour as the rest of the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #24
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman_321 View Post
Thanks mate. Very nearly didn't do a build thread, but just remembered the fun I had doing it for my e46.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. getting msport rear bumper with a diffuser.

originally I was looking online for somewhere to get the aerolip but I was struggling to find it. but since I now need a new rear bumper I'm thinking of going for a full msport bodykit. I managed to find a company that do next day delivery for a full msport bodykit and I put an order in with them over the weekend but haven't got confirmation if they have the stock in.

If they haven't got any of the parts it will be a pain as I will need to get the rear bumper from the stealership as the wrapper needs it by Wednesday evening the latest.

Hopefully they have the msport bodykit in stock. If not then I think I will defo go aero lip plus msport rear. Would you wrap the aerolip same colour as the rest of the car?
ahh okok, i took a bit more time and found used parts in silver in perfect condition lol... can't imagine the costs from dealers (btw bmminiparts always has it cheaper than a local dealer so check them out)

can't go wrong with an msport kit tbh, but aeros are getting rarer these days... definitely wrap it the same colour... it'll look a little odd in any other colour cos it's not meant to look like an add on but as if it's a completely new bumper...

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #25
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ahh okok, i took a bit more time and found used parts in silver in perfect condition lol... can't imagine the costs from dealers (btw bmminiparts always has it cheaper than a local dealer so check them out)

can't go wrong with an msport kit tbh, but aeros are getting rarer these days... definitely wrap it the same colour... it'll look a little odd in any other colour cos it's not meant to look like an add on but as if it's a completely new bumper...
Ahh mate I'm on this bmminiparts website now! Thanks so much. I'm looking now, it looks like it has some parts that I need! I have been looking for something like this!

I get you that makes sense! If this place doesn't have the parts when I call up tomorrow then worst case I can buy the aero and get it wrapped later on and just add it afterwards!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #26
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

This is why the BMW community is so good. I searched high and low for parts and every where had sold out of any m sport or SE type rear bumper or they can get me the part for next week which is no good as the car is being wrapped on wednesday. Even the place I put an order in said this morning that they didnt have the parts in so i had to cancel that order

Anyways I got in touch with bmminiparts and he had an msport rear bumper and ordered in the diffuser he is getting next day! Meaning the parts will be at the wrappers on wednesday. Plus they are oem and half the price of the stealership! Mate i owe you one, thanks so much! I would have had to cancel the wrap and lost my deposit if I didnt have the rear bumper! Lifesaver!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #27
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is why the BMW community is so good. I searched high and low for parts and every where had sold out of any m sport or SE type rear bumper or they can get me the part for next week which is no good as the car is being wrapped on wednesday. Even the place I put an order in said this morning that they didnt have the parts in so i had to cancel that order

Anyways I got in touch with bmminiparts and he had an msport rear bumper and ordered in the diffuser he is getting next day! Meaning the parts will be at the wrappers on wednesday. Plus they are oem and half the price of the stealership! Mate i owe you one, thanks so much! I would have had to cancel the wrap and lost my deposit if I didnt have the rear bumper! Lifesaver!
i'm glad i could help! this is what the forums are for

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #28
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i'm glad i could help! this is what the forums are for
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #29
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

While I wait until Friday to get the car back from the wrap place, multiple bits are starting to turn up! One of my favourite bits to turn up so far is the custom e93 subwoofer enclosure for a 12" sub. I got it from a place called caraudioz on ebay.

The box is around £70quid but the did me a deal for a 12" 1000w rms 2000 watt peak Hifonics sub and a Hifonics Zeus 1300 Watts mono block amp.
I'm very tempted to ad this when I get the car back on Friday but I think I will wait until I order the new headunit. I still need to make a decision on whether to go with a dynavin or a pioneer with android auto and get a janus screen mount.

I'm still waiting for my lighting kit from HPB. It got delivered yesterday but I missed it and now have to wait until the weekend!

One random item I ordered was the DCT plate with shift knob. I had a new style shift knob in my e46 but the build quality wasn't that great. I'm hoping that because these ones are oem they will look much better. I know its expensive and I could have used that money elsewhere but I ordered this the same day I the person crashed into my car so I was trying to make myself feel better! here's the link if anyone's interested
http://www.motivemods.com/BMWRetrofi.../mm-sst-d3.htm

Now all that's left is to source a aero lip which has good fitment!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #30
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

So while I am waiting for the wrap to be done, I was talking to one of my mates who does angels and he suggested "why don't I do the angels while the bumper is off". So I agreed. He went all the way to West London to pick up the headlights on Tuesday, did the angels Wednesday and dropped them back today. It was really last minute and I can't thank him enough. He works for xclusive tints here's there facebook!https://m.facebook.com/insulfilmlondon/
I asked the wrap guy to send me a pic of the angels and here is what they look like

Looking forward to seeing the car tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 05:20 PM   #31
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

So I just picked up the car...... to say I'm chuffed is an understatement. ... I only got one picture but it doesn't do the car justice. Tomorrow morning I will get some decent shots. And achu The aero splitter was such a good idea!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #32
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Today has been a busy morning so I haven't had the chance to take good photos from all angles but I managed to get a few quick shots....

I have to say I am chuffed with the colour. I'm so happy I didn't bottle it. I think adding the aero lip has also makes the SE look much more aggressive without the need to change the front bumper! I'm going to get some decent shots tomorrow morning but for now here's a few pics!

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #33
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Beautiful :')
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #34
Dsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Lci

Very nice it looks like yours a few years ago achu
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 04:03 AM   #35
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Beautiful :')
Thanks mate! So happy I didn't bottle it. It's a loud colour but it's so nice. And I like how it looks slightly different depending on the time of day
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 04:05 AM   #36
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsport View Post
Very nice it looks like yours a few years ago achu
Achu was definitely the inspiration for this. My original plan was satin pearl white but after googling e93 wraps and seeing his, my mind was made up!!

Last edited by Lockman_321; 12-06-2015 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 04:08 AM   #37
Dowdogg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI 335i E90 Space Gray

Wrap looks quality. Nice job!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 04:12 AM   #38
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

So I was planning to wait until I got the DCT shifter from motive mods before fitting the dynavin as i need to take the surround from the shifter out to relocate the heated seats control. Motive mods have said they are still waiting for the parts so God knows how long it will take for the shifter to get here so I will plan to do the dynavin install next Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #39
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowdogg View Post
Wrap looks quality. Nice job!
Thanks mate. I can't believe how different the car looks! It's crazy. And I still can't believe full colour changes can be achieved by using vinyl.I was a bit sceptical as to how it would look as it's not paint but after seeing it in the flesh it's much better than I thought! !
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #40
Dowdogg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate. I can't believe how different the car looks! It's crazy. And I still can't believe full colour changes can be achieved by using vinyl.I was a bit sceptical as to how it would look as it's not paint but after seeing it in the flesh it's much better than I thought! !
Considering doing black kidney grills now? It's a minor detail but I think it has a big effect on the aggressiveness of the front end. Either way it looks real pretty.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #41
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Considering doing black kidney grills now? It's a minor detail but I think it has a big effect on the aggressiveness of the front end. Either way it looks real pretty.
Is that a hard mod to do? Would you suggest getting new ones or wrapping these ones? I might look into it
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #42
Dowdogg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Is that a hard mod to do? Would you suggest getting new ones or wrapping these ones? I might look into it
Well to buy a brand new set either gloss or matte, will probably be $50+, depending on what brand, but with two cans of plasti-dip (probably $10) and a little bit of patience and good lighting, you can do it yourself easily. Best part is if you screw up you can remove it . Vinyl wrapping them will be the most frustrating thing you could do due to the restrictive space.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #43
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well to buy a brand new set either gloss or matte, will probably be $50+, depending on what brand, but with two cans of plasti-dip (probably $10) and a little bit of patience and good lighting, you can do it yourself easily. Best part is if you screw up you can remove it . Vinyl wrapping them will be the most frustrating thing you could do due to the restrictive space.
Im going to look into this!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #44
Lockman_321
First Lieutenant
Rep

When i got home today i had a delivery note. It was for the dynavin. I was hoping they would leave it with my neighbour but they chose not to so i ll have to wait till saturday to pick it up from the depo

I wanted to do something To the car tonight so i decided to fit the led bulbs from hpb. Jeff was really helpful in terms of questions as i had jo clue originally what i was ordering. They are really bright and i would definatley recoommend them. I have seen there are some blue bulbs and if i had know i was going for a blue wrap i would have ordered blue! But these white leds are good enough

Appreciate 0