E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > New CIC Unit

05-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
blissfol
Rep
Drives: 2010 Bmw 335xi

New CIC Unit

Hey guys! My CIC shorted out a couple weeks ago and I've since bought a new donor and it works great ...except for the fact that I need to code it to unlock nav or any heads up indicators haha. Does anyone know like a list of things I need to buy and do to code it to my car? I'm not super worried about anything code savvy as it's a hobby of mine so throw it at me.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
bmw335ie90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfol View Post
Hey guys! My CIC shorted out a couple weeks ago and I've since bought a new donor and it works great ...except for the fact that I need to code it to unlock nav or any heads up indicators haha. Does anyone know like a list of things I need to buy and do to code it to my car? I'm not super worried about anything code savvy as it's a hobby of mine so throw it at me.
Its not difficult, just time consuming. You will need a few things:
  • High Quality OBD-USB Cable
  • tool32
  • NCSexpert
  • CIC Patcher v2 and FSTool

First you need to use tool32 and change the VIN on the head unit to your VIN. Then use NCSexpert and verify that the firmware is up to date (C1A). Followed by default coding the CIC using NCS to properly configure it for your car. Lastly, use a script activation to turn on Navigation so it isn't greyed out(https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...5&d=1570879703).

Of course this is an over simplification of the process and you will need to research and familiarize yourself with how to do each step. There is a ton of info out there (for instance if you google how to change VIN on Tool32 you will find step by step guides on how to do this). The whole process took me many hours of reading and researching and about 30 minutes of actual coding/doing stuff.

Last edited by bmw335ie90; 05-06-2021 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0