E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Could you guys help a BMW newbie with a purchase?

09-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #23
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
This is all fab info.

The only issue stopping me now is that I'd like to see the 2009s on dealer lots before I pull the trigger.

Would be nice to play with the new Idrive before I actually spend $2000 on it.
I think you'll start to see cars on dealer lots by the second week of October. It's never a good idea to buy anything site unseen, unless of course you have money to burn. And if that's the case, I don't think you'd be in the market for a 3er.
      09-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #24
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post
you should go through the car donation program for more value of your old car,And also for a goog cause i know a charity firm in USA by them you can have the basic idea about it.

---------------------
donate car in california

Donating isn't going to do me a whole lot of good. My Acura has a KBB value of $14,000. There is no way I'm getting that back in taxes by donating the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
swoosh16
Rep
Drives: soon 2015 M4

2) A trade-in happens the day you pick up the new car and sign all the paperwork. Because of that, dealers will often only give you an estimate of the price for your trade-in. I've seen this affect trucks and SUV's more than cars because prices on those vehicles are falling so rapidly. Just tell the dealer you intend on trading in your car and agree on an estimated value. The final value shouldn't deviate from that too much.

When I ordered my 09 335 coupe yesterday, my trade-in was appraised right then and they said they would honor the price of the trade until my car comes in. Was written up in the agreement. Thought this was pretty good since other dealers wanted to re-evaluate the trade when the new car came in.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #26
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh16 View Post
2) A trade-in happens the day you pick up the new car and sign all the paperwork. Because of that, dealers will often only give you an estimate of the price for your trade-in. I've seen this affect trucks and SUV's more than cars because prices on those vehicles are falling so rapidly. Just tell the dealer you intend on trading in your car and agree on an estimated value. The final value shouldn't deviate from that too much.

When I ordered my 09 335 coupe yesterday, my trade-in was appraised right then and they said they would honor the price of the trade until my car comes in. Was written up in the agreement. Thought this was pretty good since other dealers wanted to re-evaluate the trade when the new car came in.
Oh, wow, that is very cool!