E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Heated Seats retrofit not working. Coding?

01-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
jackallman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E92

Heated Seats retrofit not working. Coding?

Retrofitted lci heated leather seats into my pre lci e92. Had electric memory seats previously, and heard on multiple accounts its basically plug and play, slight coding in vo to add heated seats but thats all. Bought myself a new hvac controller with heated seats buttons and coded that to my vin, however the heated seats still dont work. Ive added $494 to the cars vo, also been through the jbbf module and tried to manually activate heated seats from there but still nothing. Ive tried activating the heating modules via INPA but all i get is a clicking noise from the seat module and the sensor reads -40. I do get ecu sub function not supported so im wondering if there is something im missing coding wise?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
dj_aivan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320D

Hi, I have a similar problem. I apologize for my bad English.
My car is e90 320D 2005y. with ordinary leather seats. I bought seat from 335D electric with memory and heating.
The driver seat work correctly with K Can-H & K Can-L, without encoding anything,but the passenger is operated by A4010a.
I saw the diagram here from the forum, I put the cables from A4010a pin 38 to X279 C4 and 12v / 5A from X11003 to X279 C3.
I think everything is connected properly, but the seat is not heated and the button does not turn green.
Am I wrong somewhere? Or it must be encoded. I'm asking for help what coding is needed, in general how to warm this seat.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackallman View Post
Retrofitted lci heated leather seats into my pre lci e92. Had electric memory seats previously, and heard on multiple accounts its basically plug and play, slight coding in vo to add heated seats but thats all. Bought myself a new hvac controller with heated seats buttons and coded that to my vin, however the heated seats still dont work. Ive added $494 to the cars vo, also been through the jbbf module and tried to manually activate heated seats from there but still nothing. Ive tried activating the heating modules via INPA but all i get is a clicking noise from the seat module and the sensor reads -40. I do get ecu sub function not supported so im wondering if there is something im missing coding wise?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
check if you have communications with SMFA and SMBF modules
and code IHKA,SMBF,SMFA,FRM,JBBFE with VO with $494 option
      01-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_aivan View Post
Hi, I have a similar problem. I apologize for my bad English.
My car is e90 320D 2005y. with ordinary leather seats. I bought seat from 335D electric with memory and heating.
The driver seat work correctly with K Can-H & K Can-L, without encoding anything,but the passenger is operated by A4010a.
I saw the diagram here from the forum, I put the cables from A4010a pin 38 to X279 C4 and 12v / 5A from X11003 to X279 C3.
I think everything is connected properly, but the seat is not heated and the button does not turn green.
Am I wrong somewhere? Or it must be encoded. I'm asking for help what coding is needed, in general how to warm this seat.
but what was your previous seats ? heated ? electric ?
      01-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #5
dj_aivan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
but what was your previous seats ? heated ? electric ?
With ordinary leather seats, without electric and without heated.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:34 AM   #6
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
With ordinary leather seats, without electric and without heated.
and do your new passenger seat have adjustment working now ?
      01-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
dj_aivan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
and do your new passenger seat have adjustment working now ?
Only the driver's seat works. Passenger no. I have K-Dkan cable + Inpa and NCS Expert. Please provide detailed instructions on how to code the car. I've never done it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #8
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Only the driver's seat works. Passenger no. I have K-Dkan cable + Inpa and NCS Expert. Please provide detailed instructions on how to code the car. I've never done it.

Thanks
passenger seat in e90 and e91 cannot be coded
you can only code seat heating for it in jbe and ihka
if your previous seat hadn't any adjustment or heating you need to bring three positive sources, one negative and PWM heating signal
from you previous posts i see that you wired only PWM signal and one positive signal