E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Car Solutions QPI-BM09 video interface Install Notes E91 LCI Manual Transmission CIC

06-20-2020, 10:53 PM   #1
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

Car Solutions QPI-BM09 video interface Install Notes E91 LCI Manual Transmission CIC

I have a Car Solutions QPI-BM09 model.
Read manual at the link. They should have included it in the box. The unit is capable of reading CAN to turn on reverse without need for wiring to reverse lights for power or signal.

https://car-solutions.com/en/video-i...ng-guidelines/

CAN mode set via in screen menu is not working on my car which never had PDC or camera, just OEM Navigation and CIC. DIP 7 set to Not Factory Camera (X1 has factory camera), and REAR power out from the unit is ran all the way to rear camera using dedicated wiring.
Because CAN mode is not turning on Reverse camera, I run a wire from the reverse light to the Pin 7 (7 pin power connector) on the Car Solutions QPI-BM09. When power is detected at pin 7, the REAR-C (rear camera power) then sends 12V to power up the rear camera, and switches the screen to rear camera video input.
Without CAN or the Pin 7 receiving DC 9-12v power, the Rear C won't send 12V out, instead it puts out like 20 mili-volts according to my testing. For reverse light trigger, I just jammed a wire into the OE light connector I don't like invasive tapping connectors.
Takes about 2 seconds for the video to appear once in reverse, engine running or not.
Using the 12v out from RearC connector of the Car Solutions QPI-BM09 to power the reverse camera, there are no issues with interference on video signal.

The active guide lines work via CAN and they can be turned on, off, or static. The kit I got had none splicing connector for power and CAN that gives out a splitter, so I didn't need to splice anything, other than making the PIN 7 for reverse light trigger. They used to sell splicing power connector by itself for custom splicing. But out of stock now.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soravia; 06-21-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0