E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Another AWD/ABS/EMERG EBV Thread

12-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
Attym
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

Another AWD/ABS/EMERG EBV Thread

Hello, I have an 09 328xi and I have the trifecta of lights ABS, AWD EMERG EBV.
It started and would come on from time to time. It would go away if you restarted and would stay off for a bit. Now, when you start the car and it’s been sitting for a while it will be off until you drive/reverse a few feet and will stay on. AWD is off, I spin the back wheels in wet conditions. I haven’t noticed a grinding or clicking noise.

Some facts:
Car has 120k
I bought it with 50k in 2015 and haven’t replaced the battery. The car never has an issue starting or cranking over. The only battery related issue I’ve seen is if I do a bunch of quick on/offs (go to a few stores quickly), sometimes the nav display/radio won’t turn on for a minute or so and that’s rare.

Could this be an old battery, transfer case motor?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

what you need is something that can talk to all of those modules and ask them what they know.

guessing is very expensive on these cars.

buy a bimmergeeks cable and either setup the standard tools on a laptop, or buy their protool software as well for your phone.

there's a thread in the coding forum named software help yourself, it still has the ISTA download.
Appreciate 0