E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ABS light on...pls help

05-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #45
Rulz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530e 2018 / X3 G01 2019

I know it's an old thread. But can someone tell me if this is he issue that it happened to you!? I double check my wheel sensors and they are impecable. They look news.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #46
bummer07
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

I'm new and could use a little help. 2007 BMW 335i with 37,600 miles on it....I'm the original owner and getting ready to sell it. ABS light came on at about the same time as service light & message for Brake fluid flush. Took it into the dealer and their write up, along with a $4,300 estimate is as follows:

"DSC Unit failed. Connected vehicle to battery charger and performed vehicle test. Found fault for DSC control unit and connector. Performed Test Plan. Checked wiring and fuses to DSC Control Unit. Wiring and fuses found OK. Concluded DSC control unit to have failed."

Is this reasonable? Could it be something else? Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 06:12 AM   #47
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Wow.....
The DSC module is available as a complete assembly and BMW also sells the control unit only. If the valve block is faulty then you will need the complete unit.

Sometimes you'll find the control units separated on eBay. Be sure to get one off a 6cyl as the 4cyls use a different module
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #48
Rulz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummer07 View Post
I'm new and could use a little help. 2007 BMW 335i with 37,600 miles on it....I'm the original owner and getting ready to sell it. ABS light came on at about the same time as service light & message for Brake fluid flush. Took it into the dealer and their write up, along with a $4,300 estimate is as follows:

"DSC Unit failed. Connected vehicle to battery charger and performed vehicle test. Found fault for DSC control unit and connector. Performed Test Plan. Checked wiring and fuses to DSC Control Unit. Wiring and fuses found OK. Concluded DSC control unit to have failed."

Is this reasonable? Could it be something else? Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
What did you ended up doing? I have the same issue and check the Speed sensor myself, they even look like new, i didnt change it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #49
Yngvejos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325i, E87 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummer07 View Post

BMW have stopped selling cheap cores for these units.
I just had a DSC unit failure on my 2005 1-series. The replacement hydraulic unit was $2500.
Instead I bought an used unit from a 2012 3-series with low milage for $250, coded it with the correct VIN number and initialized the pressure sensor.
Works perfect.
In realoem it didn't seem like the 2012 unit would fit in a 2005 model, but it worked fine.

I used NCS expert to code the VIN and Rheingold to initialize the sensor.
lab_rat394.50
      08-07-2017, 08:01 PM   #50
Rulz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

anyone please check the video on this forum and let me know if you have the exact issue, im about to sell this car, its annoying, and i dont even drive it a lot.. its not even enjoyable anymore
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #51
Tom T
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast06 View Post
I beleive I am having the same issue. Traction control light came on and stayed on, the "BRAKE" light is on lit up in yellow, I am getting warning messages for DSC malfunction, start-off assistance inactive,DBC malfunction. Also after all these warnings popped up my turn signal does not shut off after I turn, I have to manually shut it off. All this happened out of nowhere. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi Blackbeast06!
I've read your thread and it's exact happened to my car right now, an 08 BMW 535I, traction control light came on and stayed on, the "BRAKE" light is on lit up in yellow, I am getting warning messages for DSC malfunction, start-off assistance inactive. Also my turn signals do not cancel after a full turn, I have to manually turn it off. It happened right after I got a crank sensor, right rear bearing, hub and ABS rear sensor replaced. What was wrong with your car at that time? Thanks for your help!

-Tom T
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #52
bizzleb109
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i convertible

I was parked up sitting on idle and suddenly the abs tyre pressure etc lights came on turned car off back on no lights but reappeared after 1 miles drive got abs yellow light with cog wheel and exclamation in centre also yellow. switched car off tried to turn on again and dash started flickering steering lock light appeared. Checked battery voltage which was low put a charger on started car left idling for 10 mins no light took charger off light reappeared. changed battery and good so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #53
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Coupe, '09 CBR600RR

Apologies for the bump, but I am having a similar issue. I have a 2011 328i Coupe, Sport Package w/ 6MT, 160k miles. Only had it about two weeks so still learning the car.

I heard some brake squeaking over the past couple of days (hadn't noticed any before yesterday). Otherwise it was fine until tonight when I went out for a quick drive. As I was backing out of the driveway, I gradually applied the brakes to slow down as I approached the street. When I did this, I felt and heard and felt a very slight scraping sensation that I had not experienced previously. Right as I backed into the street and shifted into 1st gear, the ABS light came on in the multifunction display between the speedometer and tachometer, and the orange BRAKE, ABS, antilock symbol (the one with the A surrounded by an circling arrow), and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights all came on. There's a back road right around the corner from me, so I did a couple of hard stops to make sure the brakes were still functioning, which they were. However, all of the lights stayed on.

I restarted the car a couple of times, and all of the lights except the service engine soon went out until I hit the brakes again. I drove around for a bit with no issues, then the warning lights (except service engine soon) disappeared, then reappeared, then disappeared, then reappeared, etc, every few miles. They were not on when I pulled back into the driveway. The hill hold assist seemed to be functioning again right before I turned into my neighborhood. The only different thing I noticed after all of the warning lights went out was a slight scraping noise (as well as a very slight and irregular judder through the brake pedal) as I was braking to a complete stop, and I only noticed it once I was under about 20 mph.

According to the guy I bought it from (who owned the car for most of its life), both the front and rear rotors and pads were replaced within the past 40k miles - fronts about 40k ago, and rears about 13k ago. I'm guessing (and hoping) it's just a sensor based on what I've read in this thread, but was wondering if this set of issues has happened to anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:29 AM   #54
aphael
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
Apologies for the bump, but I am having a similar issue. I have a 2011 328i Coupe, Sport Package w/ 6MT, 160k miles. Only had it about two weeks so still learning the car.

I heard some brake squeaking over the past couple of days (hadn't noticed any before yesterday). Otherwise it was fine until tonight when I went out for a quick drive. As I was backing out of the driveway, I gradually applied the brakes to slow down as I approached the street. When I did this, I felt and heard and felt a very slight scraping sensation that I had not experienced previously. Right as I backed into the street and shifted into 1st gear, the ABS light came on in the multifunction display between the speedometer and tachometer, and the orange BRAKE, ABS, antilock symbol (the one with the A surrounded by an circling arrow), and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights all came on. There's a back road right around the corner from me, so I did a couple of hard stops to make sure the brakes were still functioning, which they were. However, all of the lights stayed on.

I restarted the car a couple of times, and all of the lights except the service engine soon went out until I hit the brakes again. I drove around for a bit with no issues, then the warning lights (except service engine soon) disappeared, then reappeared, then disappeared, then reappeared, etc, every few miles. They were not on when I pulled back into the driveway. The hill hold assist seemed to be functioning again right before I turned into my neighborhood. The only different thing I noticed after all of the warning lights went out was a slight scraping noise (as well as a very slight and irregular judder through the brake pedal) as I was braking to a complete stop, and I only noticed it once I was under about 20 mph.

According to the guy I bought it from (who owned the car for most of its life), both the front and rear rotors and pads were replaced within the past 40k miles - fronts about 40k ago, and rears about 13k ago. I'm guessing (and hoping) it's just a sensor based on what I've read in this thread, but was wondering if this set of issues has happened to anyone else.

First thing to do, change out all the wheel speed sensors and brake sensors. 40k is awhile ago, they also might be low, check brake fluid as well. Pull codes from INPA. if theres a judder, it could possibly be mechanical and you might be facing an abs issue. But first change all sensors since they can go bad.
      04-15-2021, 11:03 AM   #55
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphael View Post
First thing to do, change out all the wheel speed sensors and brake sensors. 40k is awhile ago, they also might be low, check brake fluid as well. Pull codes from INPA. if theres a judder, it could possibly be mechanical and you might be facing an abs issue. But first change all sensors since they can go bad.
Thanks. I'm actually out of town right now, and don't have any tools with me, but I'll order some replacement sensors and replace them once I get home.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 10:43 AM   #56
Frankey1967
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d msport

Help needed 330d abs fault code 93b2 car has not been started for 6 months started it today and this code came up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #57
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
Thanks. I'm actually out of town right now, and don't have any tools with me, but I'll order some replacement sensors and replace them once I get home.
Just to update. I looked at the wheel speed sensors, and the front passenger one was pretty rough where it plugs into the wires coming from the engine bay. Ended up replacing both front sensors and all warning lights went away. Nice to have my ABS and cruise control and hill start assist back!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #58
trancenation
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: none

Experiencing the same issue, i'll have to look into whether it's the wheel speed sensors or battery, hope it's not the DSC unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 11:27 AM   #59
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
Experiencing the same issue, i'll have to look into whether it's the wheel speed sensors or battery, hope it's not the DSC unit.
Happened yesterday while I was on my way to actually make an appointment to get my front brakes replaced.

I'm hoping it is just the worn down brakes causing this!!!

COncerning was the Check Engine Lamp also came on at the same time(???)

I have a 2011 335i xDrive with 77k miles that I would like to now get rid of.

BTW when I had an E46 330i on that system poor tire pressure, worn brake rotors/pads and worn or uneven tires would set off the same dash lights.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #60
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

UPDATE:

So the ABS DSC BRAKE lamps came on this morning and went off after driving a few minutes on my way to get my front brakes replaced. Then the lamps came back as I approached the shop. After replacing the brakes the lamps stayed on but went off and came back on as I rolled into my driveway at home.

I'm hoping it is just a loose abs sensor and not some $5000 fix. I would give the car away before doing that...

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0