E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Opinions on ST X vs BC BR Coilovers

08-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
N54th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

I live in a snow belt state so ST was ruled out, it was between KW V1, BC, and FA. First choice was FA but the supplier took too long with my order so I choose BC instead with another supplier. I do not like the fact that KW does not have preload adjustment and basically will reduce spring travel every time you go lower and will likely provide a shitty ride from it. There's also no camber plates and you can't adjust the dampers but I already kind of explained this in my previous posts. But for those who just want a mild drop without messing with dampers then KW or ST is the way to get. I've had experience with coilovers in the past and prefer to fine tune the settings to my liking on my car that I drive everyday.My .02 cents. (BC has been around since 2006 btw)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #24
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54th View Post
I live in a snow belt state so ST was ruled out, it was between KW V1, BC, and FA. First choice was FA but the supplier took too long with my order so I choose BC instead with another supplier. I do not like the fact that KW does not have preload adjustment and basically will reduce spring travel every time you go lower and will likely provide a shitty ride from it. There's also no camber plates and you can't adjust the dampers but I already kind of explained this in my previous posts. But for those who just want a mild drop without messing with dampers then KW or ST is the way to get. I've had experience with coilovers in the past and prefer to fine tune the settings to my liking on my car that I drive everyday.My .02 cents. (BC has been around since 2006 btw)
Been around in the US maybe, but IIRC they have been making shocks since the late 90's. FA is equally as shitty, just with fancier flare.

And yeah if you go too low the ride will be shitty. I have Dinan Camber plates they work great and were like $130.00 on Amazon.
      08-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #25
N54th
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

On that note, to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #26
JeanCa
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 2011 & F10 M5 2013

I run ST XTAs and I love them. They are not uncomfortable, definitely stiffer than stock but not uncomfortable stiff. Great handling, less body roll, and the car feels more planted on the turns. There is no snow where I live so no problem with rusting. I would recommend them 100%
Appreciate 2