E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Need help understanding trouble codes

10-16-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
Sluggolino
Sluggo
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi (E90)

Need help understanding trouble codes

Can someone help me understand my trouble codes and what I can do to fix them? I can't trust any mechanics in my city.

The pictures in red are the codes my car was throwing that the last mechanic I took it to showed me.

I cleared all those codes and cleaned out the VANOS solenoids and the CEL stayed off for a bit, but then after some driving it went back on. Now it goes off and on randomly. I think I just didn't do a great job of cleaning them, so I plan to do a more thorough job again because there was some rust on them, but they seemed to be activating just fine when I attach a battery.

I'm considering just replacing them all together but I'm not sure if I should go OEM or Amazon. On Amazon there's a bunch at a very low cost, but questionable quality. HiSport, faersi, atracypart... all these weird brand names. I don't want to buy the OEM only to find out there was nothing wrong with my originals, or that I could have just cleaned them better. Suggestions?

After I did the half-ass cleaning job and re-read my codes, I got a shorter list of codes. That's the second picture (vertical, black and white).

Can anyone please tell me what all these codes mean and what I should be doing to get rid of them?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0