E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Fujita Air Intake

09-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
AznBeemer23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black Hamann E90

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Fujita Air Intake

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have a Fujita Air Intake for E90
asking 100 for it.
Im in Orange County

2006 330i Automatic |Jet Black | Black Leather | Brushed Aluminum | Premium Package | Sports Package | iDrive & Navigation | 5% Tint | Hamann Kit | Tein SS-P Coilover | Forgeline VR3P 19x8.5 front 19x10 rear | Falken FK-451 235/35ZR19 Front 265/30ZR19 Rear | Rotora 6 Pistons Front 4 Pistons Rear Big Brake Kit | Fujita Air Intake

www.uucmotorwerks.com www.foxmarketing.net www.falkentire.com www.rotora.com www.f5air.com www.tein.com www.wheelpower.com
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
kento714
ken714
Rep
Drives: AW 09 LCI

pics? whats the gains on it?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .:R32

Sorry, I don't mean to take away from a purchase or anything but, this intake has been proven to rob power :\.

I also believe this intake is 4 years old.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=fujita
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

but you can buy it and do a hybrid cold air set up like mine, in which it works WAY better then anything else ive driven
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
-Kley-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to take away from a purchase or anything but, this intake has been proven to rob power :\.

I also believe this intake is 4 years old.

Did you read the posts all the way through? I'm thinking no.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kley- View Post
Did you read the posts all the way through? I'm thinking no.
Don't be mad at me (or anyone else who bashed/disliked the intake)because you spent money on an intake that does virtually nothing but add some sound . If you want to feel good about your intake then start your own thread, do real tests and get some real results so you can make yourself feel better okay?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
-Kley-
United_States
Rep

I'm defending it because you're like the other guys who jumped on the "Fujita sucks" bandwagon. If you'd read the posts all the way through you'd see that the 16 year old kid read the dyno wrong. The Fujita rep even joined the forum and posted in the thread (that you linked to) that he'd offer a free intake to anyone who simply shows up with their car and has it dyno'd. All for free. Nobody says a word after that. Wow... go figure.

Then, here's a guy trying to sell his and you immediately jump on and bash it, thus deterring anyone from buying it. Why did you do it?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I personally wouldn't consider any intake it it weren't enclosed and had a decent heat shield. Many people on this board take the advice and bad experiences from people who test a product for the community. If you feel that the person who reviewed it did it incorrectly then go and do one yourself. You're here raging on everyone for not getting one and doing a dyno, why not go do it yourself and prove us all wrong (not that most of us would care, cause many of us know most intakes out there either do nothing or give you a gain of 5hp MAX)? You're wasting your time trying to convince people by being angry and annoying. If you want us to take you seriously in your efforts to defend this intake, go get some tests and post back.

Why did I do it? It's called watching out for other forum members and giving them a fair warning if they haven't read up it on themselves. Nothing wrong with that. All I did was direct them to 2 threads (there are more out there) for their own judgement and to be notified that the item is 4 years old. Please, show me why you feel this is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
-Kley-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
this intake has been proven to rob power
I don't have to prove anything. I didn't make the statement above, you did. You're the one who should be providing dyno's to support your statement. Get it?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I am merely sharing information that is out there to potential buyers. You still didn't answer my question in showing me how this is wrong.

I don't have to prove anything, I'm sharing the information that has been provided on this forum and its up to the potential buyers to pass their judgement on the information. Do you see me forcing people not to buy it? No, I could care less but, I do like to inform people if the original poster does not do it himself.

You join this forum to bitch and complain how people have posted bad reviews on your intake, give it a rest. If you care so much, do what many of us have told you to do and that is to go do your own tests so we may actually give a damn what you say.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

I went and read those two threads that were supposed to describe all the "problems" with this intake, and it's filled with the biggest misinformation and dyno testing blunders I have ever seen. I couldn't believe that a so-called e90 post "vendor" had no clue how a dyno works, or how to test a product.

first of all - no baseline test. so the result is useless. without a baseline, there is nothing to compare it to.

2nd - people comparing (unusually high) numbers from a 6MT car tested on a completely different dyno to the OP's automatic car. They are not comparable at all.

3rd - people not understanding the difference between crank/flywheel hp and wheel hp.

They never did give it a proper test, and it was truly comical to see people argue about something that should have been so simple. I'm not saying this intake works (or doesn't work), but it wasn't tested properly, and shouldn't have been bashed the way it was, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

Like I said, I use it, I tweaked it, but it does work great and sounds awesome.

If Kley is local he should jump on a dyno with us and we will see how it all goes, Since we can turn our tunes off and run whatever baseline we want.

Nevermind hes in Chi town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
I went and read those two threads that were supposed to describe all the "problems" with this intake, and it's filled with the biggest misinformation and dyno testing blunders I have ever seen. I couldn't believe that a so-called e90 post "vendor" had no clue how a dyno works, or how to test a product.

first of all - no baseline test. so the result is useless. without a baseline, there is nothing to compare it to.

2nd - people comparing (unusually high) numbers from a 6MT car tested on a completely different dyno to the OP's automatic car. They are not comparable at all.

3rd - people not understanding the difference between crank/flywheel hp and wheel hp.

They never did give it a proper test, and it was truly comical to see people argue about something that should have been so simple. I'm not saying this intake works (or doesn't work), but it wasn't tested properly, and shouldn't have been bashed the way it was, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #13
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Ok seriously, I'm gonna have to play "Dad" here...

Quote:
*** Marketplace section RULES for posting *** Please READ THIS FIRST
Hey, just some basic guidelines to help keep this section as usable as possible for everyone.

1: Please respect sellers. Meaning if someone is selling an item, don't chime in with random comments about how their item sucks, or is overpriced, etc. If the item really is overvalued, etc, then the marketplace will correct that (ie. he won't be able to find a buyer). This does not mean you cannot bargain, by all means bargain for what you want, but this is different from trying to ruin a person's for sale thread.

Kg810, let it go. If the intake is bad then whoever the potential buyer is needs to do their own research and figure it all out themselves. You don't need to go shitting all over this dude's thread because you have a problem or negative opinion about the product being sold. Besides, this thread is over a month old... let it go.

AznBeemer23 you should PM a mod and get this thread deleted and then start a new one if you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #14
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

will this fit e92??
      10-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #15
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
a 328 yes
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #16
-Kley-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post

Thank you! Finally someone sees what I'm getting at. I'm not defending the intake. I came here looking for solid BMW 3-series community. Then and I stumble upon these threads where people are bashing a product based on misinformation. It's disappointing. It seems to me that there's a few guys on here who are genuine and obviously know their shit, then a bunch of others who just jump on the bandwagon whether the information is accurate or not. I guess I'm a hater for pointing that out.

Sorry for thread-jacking Badger. I didn't think it was right for the kg810 to shit on this guys 'for sale' ad.
Appreciate 0