E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

06-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #155
bazz780
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 330d m sport

Im tired of cyclists cycling on the road outside the cycle lane causing hold backs for motorists

This happens a lot in mile end and is bloody annoying
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #156
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz780 View Post
Im tired of cyclists cycling on the road outside the cycle lane causing hold backs for motorists

This happens a lot in mile end and is bloody annoying
Me too, bloody Victorians
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 11:10 AM   #157
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
The tool in the 15 plate super charged jag, that thought he could undertake me before he ran out of road & then flashed his lights & was frantically fingering me after he found he was unable to out accelerate me. Grrrr
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #158
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

The fucking bastard who joined the motorway and nearly rammed into me on the M1 southbound today. Fuck you you cunt.

Will post a video once i get a chance to get it off my dashcam. Had to take avoiding action.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #159
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
The fucking bastard who joined the motorway and nearly rammed into me on the M1 southbound today. Fuck you you cunt.

Will post a video once i get a chance to get it off my dashcam. Had to take avoiding action.
There should be a dashcam page where people can vote for cunt of the week
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #160
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

There should be a dashcam page where people can vote for cunt of the week
Haha, i like the idea of cunt of the week
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #161
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

I live in a Town that has a single A road that passes through it.
Every morning, near enough, someone will decide that it's time to do some unloading. Usually it's a bar and barrels of beer. Now I'm all for pubs having beer, I have a beer every lunch time, but why can't they not do this between 8 am and 10 am when we are all trying to get to work?

What ends up happening is one side gets blocked almost completely. The other side also desperate to get to work wont let anyone out. Then they get stuck further down the road, like where our side crosses theirs at a junction. Everyone ends up stuck as we are blocked by them at the unloading vehicle and a 30 second drive through the town turns into 15 minutes or more!
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #162
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Agree with all the idiot cyclist posts - I was going to upload dashcam footage to share what I've seen lately but there's been so many incidents i've lost the will to trawl through it all and create the video files. Recurring thing happening here is cyclists sauntering down 3-4 lane carriageways which are marked 50mph+ (one was national speed limit) and WITHOUT a bloody helmet!
What really made me angry was one woman had a seat on the back to carry her f*cking baby!!! She didn't have the child at the time but how grossly irresponsible can you get?

Today's annoying thing...got out of my car at work, walking through the car park and some lady rolls up in her X3, makes a complete hash of parking it and nearly runs me over. So I stop to wait and see whether she's reversing into a bay or re-aligning for the one in front, when in plain sight she reverses at warp speed straight into the back of a VW passat

Seemingly oblivious to the fact she's pancaked this persons rear bumper, she just turns the engine off and gets out. I had to point it out, I was like "I really think you need to move your car forward a bit!" , "Oh? Is it a bit close?". She then walked round the back, saw what she'd done and shrugged and said "A bit close isn't it" giggled and got back in the car.

Not even my car and it drives me insane. She had parking sensors as well!!! This is why I go out of my way to park my car as far as possible from such idiots. Why can't natural selection take its course quicker?!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 04:49 AM   #163
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Live in a cul de sac. Entering the road and some guy is parked in the middle and on his phone. He refuses to move. Remains on his phone. A minute passed. I got out and asked him to back into a lay by. Three cars behind me now and he refuses. He starts making a video of it all on his phone. I mount the kerb to squeeze past him and he still refused to move. My neighbour behind me followed suit. The van driver behind me got out and approached him because he can't mount the pavement and get past. After another few minutes of stupidity he eventually moves into the lay by to let traffic pass. What a piece of knob cheese.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #164
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22
Agree with all the idiot cyclist posts - I was going to upload dashcam footage to share what I've seen lately but there's been so many incidents i've lost the will to trawl through it all and create the video files. Recurring thing happening here is cyclists sauntering down 3-4 lane carriageways which are marked 50mph+ (one was national speed limit) and WITHOUT a bloody helmet!
What really made me angry was one woman had a seat on the back to carry her f*cking baby!!! She didn't have the child at the time but how grossly irresponsible can you get?

Today's annoying thing...got out of my car at work, walking through the car park and some lady rolls up in her X3, makes a complete hash of parking it and nearly runs me over. So I stop to wait and see whether she's reversing into a bay or re-aligning for the one in front, when in plain sight she reverses at warp speed straight into the back of a VW passat

Seemingly oblivious to the fact she's pancaked this persons rear bumper, she just turns the engine off and gets out. I had to point it out, I was like "I really think you need to move your car forward a bit!" , "Oh? Is it a bit close?". She then walked round the back, saw what she'd done and shrugged and said "A bit close isn't it" giggled and got back in the car.

Not even my car and it drives me insane. She had parking sensors as well!!! This is why I go out of my way to park my car as far as possible from such idiots. Why can't natural selection take its course quicker?!
Saw something similar last year and the butch lady said to me: "Well you better not say anything it's just a scratch." She couldn't see the fold she had put into the bumper. I left a note on the other car with my details once she had left. Got the call from the other persons insurer later in the week and e-mailed the dash cam footage.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 06:58 AM   #165
Craig242
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

I parked up in town last Saturday to pick up an order. Walking back to my car I noticed the golf that I parked behind was about to move out and an Audi A6 (65 plate) was about to reverse into the same space.

At this point I had reached my car, opened the boot, put the parcel in and was walking round to the drivers door. (Audi now manoeuvring in the space to straighten up).

As I reach for my door handle the twat reverses into my front bumper causing my car to roll back about a foot!! I start shouting wtf etc. and banged on his boot to get his attention.

Out gets some pompous twat who started apologising as I was checking my car over. But I said to him what the fuck you have parking sensors! (Brand new car).

His reply "oh they don't seem to be working"

I could tell he would have just walked off like it didn't happen if I didn't catch him as well.

Luckily there was no damage to my bumper at all which I was quite surprised about. As such I didn't feel the need to get his details so called him a twat and got in my car.

Like how can some people be so fucking stupid?? Silly bint of a wife just got out and walked off as soon as it happened as well.

Twats.
Twats everywhere.
Rant over.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #166
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

More idiot cyclists. I overtook a couple (safely with a wide birth) just before a mini roundabout. Had to slow down as the person in front of me was navigating the roundabout like it had a 1000ft drop either side. Slowed down enough for the cyclists to catch up and they undertook me on the roundabout with millimeters to spare. You get that close to one of them and they'll flip out.

Putting not wanting to slow down before their own safety. The mind boggles. Very odd creatures.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #167
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
The arse in the White 2 series, whatever that shit lookalike minivan thing is called, that just had to overtake me into oncoming traffic whilst I was driving my transit van at 50mph in a 50 zone on the A20 on my way home from work & then brake tested me after I flashed my headlights at them. Fucking fuckpig cuntox wanker
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #168
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

couldn't be bothered uploading and editing my dashcam footage so screenshotted this - have a look at this nob

If you can't see why I'm annoyed at first, take a look to his left. That red paving is a clearly marked cycle "lane" on the pavement so cyclists and pedestrians can share it. This tosser decided to undertake everyone and I was lucky I saw him at the last second and got out of his way or he would have gone straight into my wing mirror (and likely blamed me!)

At least this one's wearing a helmet

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #169
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
couldn't be bothered uploading and editing my dashcam footage so screenshotted this - have a look at this nob

If you can't see why I'm annoyed at first, take a look to his left. That red paving is a clearly marked cycle "lane" on the pavement so cyclists and pedestrians can share it. This tosser decided to undertake everyone and I was lucky I saw him at the last second and got out of his way or he would have gone straight into my wing mirror (and likely blamed me!)

At least this one's wearing a helmet

Those Victorian fuckers
Appreciate 2
      06-19-2016, 02:32 AM   #170
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just walked past two audi cars one was an S3 - yes I'm sad for noticing I know - but on one of them the rear brake pads were worn down to the plate and on the S3 both front and rear were worn down to the plate!!

How are people so irresponsible? Its not just your own life you're risking. How can they not notice or bother to check?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #171
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Quote:
Just walked past two audi cars one was an S3 - yes I'm sad for noticing I know - but on one of them the rear brake pads were worn down to the plate and on the S3 both front and rear were worn down to the plate!!

How are people so irresponsible? Its not just your own life you're risking. How can they not notice or bother to check?
I must admit I'm finding it hard to imagine how you can notice brake pads whilst walking past a car unless you're less than 1 foot tall.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #172
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by half Colin View Post
I must admit I'm finding it hard to imagine how you can notice brake pads whilst walking past a car unless you're less than 1 foot tall.
Haha I am vertically challenged but just a force of habit, admiring cars from doing lots of detailing and looking at the subtle differences between models. also from a sales pov learning to spot the people who actually spend money looking after their cars is useful
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #173
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

I wish I had uploaded the footage from last Friday. Cyclist. Being so cocky. Weaving in and out of traffic like he was heading for a fire but I didn't see the smoke! Tries to squeeze between me and a bus... except I am way ahead and the bus has indicated right to pull out so he is now heading toward me... and taps on my rear quarter light passenger window... granted he does not have a rear view mirror or eyes in the back of his head but he can clearly see a bus pulling out... two other cyclists decided to wait behind the bus... a few miles down the road same cyclist... swearing his head off at me. Saw him yesterday.. doing the same on a dual carriage way weaving between lanes like a scooter... I was really upset... because my wife had a pop at me about it... but I had three other passengers in the car who all agreed with me... and they usually don't agree with me. Seems like the roads are becoming more dangerous around here due to dangerous cycling!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 01:16 AM   #174
bazz780
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 330d m sport

I regularly drive through the olympic village as my daily journey to work

Yesterday a cyclist decides to cycle along the road through the olympic village holding back loads of traffic and also meaning cars passing him very closely, what was on the pavement next to him? A shared pedastrian/cycle path. Arghhhh
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:10 AM   #175
bytejunkie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
have you looked at the state of the tarmac on cycle lanes these days? if its owt like round here, its shocking.

Quote:
!
she's irresponsible for not taking her baby on the dual carriageway? weird way of looking at it.

Quote:
I regularly drive through the olympic village as my daily journey to work

Yesterday a cyclist decides to cycle along the road through the olympic village holding back loads of traffic and also meaning cars passing him very closely, what was on the pavement next to him? A shared pedastrian/cycle path. Arghhhh
thats up to him. in the same way that the fast lane is an option, not a necessity, so are dedicated cycle lanes.

lot of cyclist hating in here. as a cyclist, who does a fair bit of weaving in and out of traffic, i have to point out, we know what were doing. you'd do the same if you could. and yeah, i know there are some cyclist actions that are indefensible, riding in pairs for instance.

got to say though guys, you're living up to the stereotypes about bm drivers a little bit!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #176
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Those Victorian fuckers
It's seen as a healthy pursuit but I hate to think what they are inhaling. All the fumes and particles etc. Plus the dangers of being crushed.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0