E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just for Fun: Tuned E90 335i XDrive compared with M5 F90 MXDrive

05-28-2020, 02:38 AM   #1
spiritsavage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Stock BMW 335xi

Just for Fun: Tuned E90 335i XDrive compared with M5 F90 MXDrive

I know this sounds like an odd comparison, but hear me out. I'm curious what you guys think about the e90 335Xi compared with the F90 M5.

One of the main reasons I went with 335i instead of M3 was because of the XDrive system. Until the F90, no M car has had XDrive I believe.

F90 has a lot more of a track setup from stock, and a whole lot more power. I'm curious if you were to put the same amount of money into a used 335i XDrive how it would compare to the new M5.

Size/weight looks fairly similar. I'm not sure about Front/Rear Weight ratio.

XDelete Custom let's you do the same thing that M XDrive does for the most part. The N54 without a rebuild and the N55 rebuilt can output the same power given the right tune/turbos.

You could upgrade the turbo, the suspension, the brakes, the wheels, the tires, LSD, and cooling (which for the 335i is one of the biggest problems). The only thing I think that's entirely not upgradable without a custom make is the steering rack, but again correct me if I'm wrong.

Being an owner of an e90 335i XDrive, at what cost, excluding maintenance since the M5 has maintenance costs too, do you think that the 335i would compare to or maybe at least be able to compete with an M5 F90, If at all?

Just an FYi: My car is a 2011 335i XDrive e90. The only tunes are Carly (those boosted headlights add sooo much performance gains), XDelete Custom (set to 25%, just under 50% torque to the front), MHD Stage 1 Soft Burble, Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0